WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

Cheers mate, really appreciate the support. I just hope people realise me and Suff really hated that demo, and that the best is yet to come.

Someone deleted a post by you on our site?! Really? wasnt me mate, unless you werent being your funny self ;)

It was borderline

It was about me making a Pro Evo project and i wrote a long rambling sentence along the lines of

hello i am making a pro evo project and i was wondering if suff could send me some pics of him playing the game, chilling with his wenb buds without his clothes on or scoring a killer goal or something like that.

I was seeing if anyone would notice.

Guess they did :'[

The mother company is putting the clamps on my free speech >:[

A few things?

Can we change the shorts and socks in the final game?

It reminds me immensley of ISS on Playstation 1. The way the menus are, the players in the kit selection screens, the way the players move and run, i mean Cambiasso has no pace at all.

Not very impressed and believe me i HATE saying that. I only hope the released version is much, much better or im afraid Konami have finally let the greatest football game of all time slip into the depths.

The game has just finished downloading like 20mins ago after 8 hrs lol

Anyway, i played 1 game, some peeps said it feels like pes6, sorry but i played pes6 360 to death and pes 2008 doesnt look or feel like it. My first impression was "This is definitely an improved version, this is how pes6 was supposed to be".

I have to agree it is very fast paced though. Real footy of the new millenium is fast paced but pes 2008 demo is faster. I hope they fix this in the final version.

I'm liking it really i just wish i can change this default camera, i can't even find the camera option.

I like the new setplay option for players to go up so playing with spain i chose puyol, navarro, and sergio ramos :D On my first Fk they were really up there, it felt sweet!

Am i the only one not seeing any slowdowns?

you must be. its stuttering all over the place...and that bloody ball..looks like a bowling ball! Couldnt they have put in a decent ball?

Its all in the presentation as well you know!

Adonis - how different was the later build you played - did it feel like a new game i.e. not pes6 in shiny clothing?

Are yoou allowed to say how it was different?

you must be. its stuttering all over the place...and that bloody ball..looks like a bowling ball! Couldnt they have put in a decent ball?

Its all in the presentation as well you know!

Hahah yea, they should've included a better looking ball really but to be honest the fact that i played with a dark ball and still enjoyed it means something to me because i never liked playing with dark balls, always picked the plain white ball (because it looks more realistic and visible).

Guess i will need to play more to witness any stuttering..

way to quick and way too easy! I am not sure how anyone can say it is not fast paced to be honest. the balls slides off the grass which is not good. Still seeing annoying things like my FB just standing still as I want him to make a run forward. The 360 controls are not as bad as I thought they would be though. This is first PES/WE game I have played with xbox controller.

GK's do seem improved over WE10 but they were shocking in that game. I have never played PES6 on 360, are the players animations the same or different??

and Teamvision or improved A.I. seems lacking in this demo. I can attack down the RW for example all game and the CPU A.I do not combat this.

Last edited:

F*** you all borderline idiots. Ofcourse it changed from last year; the big change is always in the small things.

I just see no evidence of improved a.i on my team or the cpus, just dont see it at all.

I just see no evidence of improved a.i on my team or the cpus, just dont see it at all.

Before i agree with you, i will try the retail version.

Latest previews have loved the new A.I. I believe they have the newest build.

JESUS!!!! What the fook have Konami done to my beloved PES? I didn't realise that the roadrunner was from Portugal. This is 100mph stuff here. This had better be well off the finished article. The nets are far too floppy, the crowds look shit, the grass looks shit and what has happened to the option to put 2 players over a freekick and play it short? No doubt the faces look better but you can't see them when you are playing. Even the sounds are out of 1980s coin op arcade machine. I do love the new quick freekick when it happens though. Going by the 2 demos alone, as much as it pains me to say, FIFA is a stand out.

If you like the Demo... you'll Love the retail Game.

JESUS!!!! What the fook have Konami done to my beloved PES? I didn't realise that the roadrunner was from Portugal. This is 100mph stuff here. This had better be well off the finished article. The nets are far too floppy, the crowds look shit, the grass looks shit and what has happened to the option to put 2 players over a freekick and play it short? No doubt the faces look better but you can't see them when you are playing. Even the sounds are out of 1980s coin op arcade machine. I do love the new quick freekick when it happens though. Going by the 2 demos alone, as much as it pains me to say, FIFA is a stand out.

I won't comment on the rest, but the option for the free kick is there, the command is even onscreen.

A video of me messing up, while choosing which players go up for corners I ticked Ricardo because my mind saw Ricardo Carvalho. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpyuolptt-c

Well I've just spent an hour on it. It's nothing like PES6 IMO - feels completely different from top to bottom. I must say I'm really quite enjoying it. Yes it feels a lot faster, but it flows so well. The graphics look bloody impressive in replays etc too - not so much from a distance. I think its a big step in the right direction. If this is an early version, I think I'm gonna be like a kid at Christmas come the retail version!

So far I think it's worse than PES6 so I hope the final version is different, very different. :(

You played the final version?
No, I mean, if you like the demo (with all bugs), youll love the retail version.

Besides, anything else than PES6 is a victory already

I won't comment on the rest, but the option for the free kick is there, the command is even onscreen.]

Without pressing start and going in2 the menu? I aint seen anything coming up. Used to be able to press L1 & R1 i think it was.
Quite impressed by some of the goalkeeping, in this area it is better than FIFA and of course super cancel is pretty much spot on but overall i just cannot see a years worth of "evolution"

No one listening mate.

Well maybe they should release a demo based more on the final retail copy? Or thereabouts?

Cant expect to release a demo thats not right and expect people to jump for joy and to 'not take it literally' as it wont be like that when its released, its out in 4 weeks for goodness sake.

Ok, so I got home to find my brother had already D/Led the Demo on his Xbox360.

I played about 3 matches. I am so not used to the 360 pad and it's shoulder button cinfigs, but I got into it pretty quickly.

First of all, the game is NOT overly fast imo. I read some of the posts here and was a bit worried, but I was quickly at ease.

Me and a mate have been playing WE:PES2007 (PES6 America) on my computer for some time, so I have a fresh reference to PES6. I would say it is the same speed as PES6 in most cases. The players movements and such don't feel too fast at all.

ALSO, remember these are Portugal, Brazil, France etc. This is as fast as the game will be with the superstar teams. The pace I am very happy about, comparing it to real matches in my head as I was playing made me feel it was quite nicely balanced.

Other notes:

- Passing seemed faster (Thank god). After striking a few passes I thought "finally they put their foot through again rather than doing the touchy-feely passes like in PES6 thattake forever to reach their targets. It's not PES5 by any means, but a definite improvement over PES6. Obviously Manual power would solve all problems with passing being too fast or slow, but I digress...
Also, passing "seemed" to be a bit looser in terms of the accuracy. I often found even the superstars passing not being on the money all the time, which is nice. In previous games I felt the passing was only limiting in terms of speed and not accuracy (good players being easier to pass with since their passes were Faster, not more Accurate).

- Shooting isn't nearly as balloony as PES6. BUT: These are superstars. I'm not sure how the game will play when you try and get Minanda to hit the goal.

- Diving is hilarious. Nothing like seeing Ronaldinho tumble over for no reason with noone in sight. :)

Once the game is released you can do alot more referencing with PES6 to find the true speed of the game (like creating a 99 stat player, and timing his run from end to end in training with the ball to see which game does it faster).

As for more details like the overall behaviour when stringing passes etc, I didn't have time to analyse further. 3 games on a pad you aren't used to isn't a good base for analysis.

But now I am very positive of the game, though Ive only seen how the game respnds to players with great stats etc. I don't know how shooting with someone with Shot Acc in the 60's will be like.

right. BUT if you can aim the shots in Fifa and you are a pro than you dont need good players with good shooting stats. You can score easy goals with every bad team...and this is not realistic!

Obviously you are right. The way you solve it is by dividing the aiming system into 2 sections:

1. Your intentions (Where you, the player, want Ronaldo (for example) to aim his shot).
2. The stats (How well Ronaldo is able to comply with your wishes).

As in real life, you can "intend" to aim anywhere you want. In other words, the analog stick with manual aim will be a way to show the player very precisely where he should aim. If you are skilled, you can aim the stick just by the post, and Ronaldo will know that is where you want to aim.
But, Ronaldo's stats will hinder how well he can hit there. In perfect situations, he will be well equipped to hit accurately around where you are aiming (thanks to his shooting skills). WHen running, under pressure, unbalanced etc, his aim will sometimes be off slightly, sometimes by alot. Using more power will lessen his accuracy, and thus will increase the dispersion of shots around your intented "hitpoint".

The difference with today's digital aiming is, in PERFECT conditions (not pressured, balanced, standing still etc), you can hit almost anywhere with great accuracy (within reason and realism obviously). Currently, even if we are in PERFECT conditions, we still cannot aim anywhere on the goal, since we only have 8 directional aim.
And with Analog aim, once you include factors like speed, pressured, fatigue, shotpower, etc, Ronaldo's aim will stray wildly just like in Real Life.

Just because you implement analog aim doesn't mean that the player will hit 100% where you aim all the time. The stats still play a crucial role. BUT now YOU also need to be skilled with the stick, since your Stick aim is the starting point for the aim that will then be corrupted in varying degrees by the Stats systems.

I hope by release date all the annoying aspects people are mentioning (speed etc) are ironed out.

2 things that annoyed me so far:

Running with ball animation
Ball sliding like its on ice

I felt the same way. The running animation looked odd for some players, almost like they were injured in one leg and sort of "limped" and didn't put much weight on the injured leg.

There are several "normal-speed" running animations available for players though (as in PES6, though there all players apparantly had the same Sprint" abnimation), so it is possible KONAMI now have different sprint animations for players aswell, one being extremely stpuid looking. I only reacted to it once, but I only played 3 games so...

Last edited:

hello i am making a pro evo project and i was wondering if suff could send me some pics of him playing the game, chilling with his wenb buds without his clothes on or scoring a killer goal or something like that.

:shock:...:lmao:

Mate thats a classic :applause: I'll pass it on ;)

JayM, Suff actually said that after he played PES6 on X360 straight after the PES 2008 you realise how far they have come. Give it a go.

- Diving is hilarious. Nothing like seeing Ronaldinho tumble over for no reason with noone in sight. :)
I TOTALLY forgot about that, I really wanted to see how that works.

I'm going to put it back on now just to see. :mryellow:

Well maybe they should release a demo based more on the final retail copy? Or thereabouts?

Cant expect to release a demo thats not right and expect people to jump for joy and to 'not take it literally' as it wont be like that when its released, its out in 4 weeks for goodness sake.

People played a version on 2nd September & stated its slower.

Fifa has issues that are not in the final version as well,

First of all, the game is NOT overly fast imo.

Oh c'mon mate! Do you watch Sky Sports on fast forward or something? ;)It's not just the pace of the running, it's how quickly they turn in the opposite direction also, very unrealistic imo

Just like everyone is waiting for the final version of Fifa, we should wait for PES.

No one knows until we have retail copies in the machines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom