WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

Ronaldinho, the star of the EAsport game (i forget the name sorry) but likeness only on PES 2008 ? ;)

sitdriveriy6.jpg

looks better than himself!
:applause:

Adonis,
isn't this a slightly later build...with adidas boots?

The boots are new in but everything else is exact. Ive played a more advanced code (where you could change camera angles etc) and it was massively different to this. It was on the PS3 though.

It's the same build as the TGS one. You can tell by watching videos.

The boots are new in but everything else is exact. Ive played a more advanced code (where you could change camera angles etc) and it was massively different to this. It was on the PS3 though.

Interesting mate. PS3 version for me anyway

It's the same build as the TGS one. You can tell by watching videos.

Yeh, and the TGS demo is only slightly improved on the Leipzig version. Same teams, same stadiums, same everything really. Just the boots are there this time.

Some cool things I'd like to discuss:

> The CPU is playing better, sometimes they rip my defence to shreds on counters.
> They are also atempting more dribles, moves the cpu never tried in previous games.
> Like someone said, I too have seen the cpu dive, got booked, that was cool.

And for something completely different, a.k.a., FIFA vs PES.

My gut feeling tells me that in two or three months and onward, I might like PES2008 more. But right now, FIFA08 is a challenge for me.

By this I mean, sure, there are new things to master in PES2008, little nuances here and there, but overall, I'm already dominating the CPU on the hardest difficulty setting.

Playing PES has become 2nd nature for me, I do it instantly and without thinking. I think I could play it in a coma. :) Seriously, I had a tough time playing FIFA08 with a PS3 pad because my brain looks at that pad and sees "PES", the mapping of the buttons just needs to be PES.

FIFA, right now, for me, is a challenge. I can't beat the CPU at will, and I won't beat other players online at will. A new challenge that this year I welcome, because even if at the end of the day FIFA is a little inferior to PES, It's still a very good game nowadays.

I want to be a master of both of them. Online players beware! :);)

I want to argue with that but I can't, you're very fair. At least if people won't listen to me they might listen to you, and you talk sense Airjoca. :thumbup:

I just got home from a press event were I got to play the final PlayStation 3 version of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 I assume, as every single mode and team were available. I only got to play some multiplayer games, and let me tell you this, the final version plays a heck of a lot better than the demo you got today, the speed even seemed to have slowed down a bit, though still very very fast.

Of other games I got to try out were Devil May Cry 4, Conan, FEAR Files, The Club and others but it has nothing to do with the thread.

I just got home from a press event were I got to play the final PlayStation 3 version of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 I assume, as every single mode and team were available. I only got to play some multiplayer games, and let me tell you this, the final version plays a heck of a lot better than the demo you got today, the speed even seemed to have slowed down a bit, though still very very fast.

Of other games I got to try out were Devil May Cry 4, Conan, FEAR Files, The Club and others but it has nothing to do with the thread.

Was it a trade show that is set specifically for retailers? Theres no press events going on right now apart from the shows certain retail orgs are putting on.

why have Seabass decided to go with the very fast pace. I don't understand why they decided to do this.

Im loving the responses, wish I could say they are varied :lol:

Loads of negativity here, and Im actually happy about that. Why? Its exactly the same build from Leipzig, maybe even worse. I say worse because of the huge amount of bugs that in the demo that wernt in Leipzig.

But overall its the same demo Suffwan found insulting, and the same demo that made me say (you can hear it on one of the videos) I wanted to leave Germany. It was playable and certainly easy to pick up, but a total mess in trying to call it a 'simulation.'

Like many have pointed out the pace is crazy. Far too fast. It something I only noticed in the 360 version, but I can say even that version over in Leipzig was slower than this demo.

In the end though Im very happy to say that it doesnt represent the final quality of the game. Just as the Fifa 08 demo doesnt do it justice, neither does the PES 2008 one. I wont say its a million miles apart, but its certainly more impressive, slower, and a dream to play in wide cam.

Like someone pointed out before, I dont quite understand the point of these demos if they differ so much from the final build. The file size is silly too, at Leipzig it weighed in a 3.98gb. Im not sure if compression had effected the quality, but something is certainly wrong here.

I feel that the important parts of this thread need highlighting.

I know a lot of you guys prefer where's wally to Harry Potter so I'm picking out the key bits for you.

All through out this thread I've sat back and gone "Look at these people slitting their wrists on the internet, here's the important bit, bugger all to worry about"

And yo, I've been right throughout it all, although it never got to the stage where I was posting "QUIT YER WHINING" so there's little evidence. But I've chilled out and read between the lines (mainly provided by WENB) and everything's gravy right now.

Suff, Adonis, thanks for making me feel assured about Pes2008 whilst your kingdom crumbled around you. You've got the most thankless jobs around, lord knows how much you're out of pocket, all to make me (and about 3 others) happy with the state of affairs. You've been a medium for expressing anger for the rest, for that I give you a sad face :'[

However whomever deleted my coment is a heartless son of a gun :'[

Much love.

~*~ badgerman ~*~

Apparently the demo look alot more arcade than the full beta game

I feel that the important parts of this thread need highlighting.

I know a lot of you guys prefer where's wally to Harry Potter so I'm picking out the key bits for you.

All through out this thread I've sat back and gone "Look at these people slitting their wrists on the internet, here's the important bit, bugger all to worry about"

And yo, I've been right throughout it all, although it never got to the stage where I was posting "QUIT YER WHINING" so there's little evidence. But I've chilled out and read between the lines (mainly provided by WENB) and everything's gravy right now.

Suff, Adonis, thanks for making me feel assured about Pes2008 whilst your kingdom crumbled around you. You've got the most thankless jobs around, lord knows how much you're out of pocket, all to make me (and about 3 others) happy with the state of affairs. You've been a medium for expressing anger for the rest, for that I give you a sad face :'[

However whomever deleted my coment is a heartless son of a gun :'[

Much love.

~*~ badgerman ~*~

Cheers mate, really appreciate the support. I just hope people realise me and Suff really hated that demo, and that the best is yet to come.

Someone deleted a post by you on our site?! Really? wasnt me mate, unless you werent being your funny self ;)

Hi Adonis, Boillzz who work with KAiWAi during 3 weeks on the full version says like you

I hope by release date all the annoying aspects people are mentioning (speed etc) are ironed out.

2 things that annoyed me so far:

Running with ball animation
Ball sliding like its on ice

Is the Podcast still going ahead tomorrow btw adonis?

Here's my opinion after a few games: Far, far too fast. Far too easy.

Some of the new animations are nice but then again some look very weird. I guess it will take some getting used to.

I'll keep at it. :)

Well im glad a few people have said this game isnt the finished version because in all honesty, theres nothing much different there than last year!

Knowing Konami's "amazing" marketing I am not surprised they released unfinished, buggy demo.

deckkoohhhhjjxv0.jpg

Not on an HD tele, by the way.

Why is Deco always so sad. Seems like something terrible happens to him everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom