WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

Graphics look really good in those pics.

I'm still downloading. :(

Once upon a time...

Winning Eleven was THE game, gameplay was the central core and no one cared about graphics.

In 2008 we talk about faces...they're awesome and life-like..but...where is gameplay gone?

I've finally played the FIFA demo and i like it i will buy the game i think...

Only played once: Barcelona-Marseille 2-0...i was Barcelona...oh and i consider myself a very lousy gamer.

But with the better manager mode, i will definitely buy FIFA this year...
I'm glad that there are two good football games (at least i hope, haven't played the PES demo).

Once upon a time...

Winning Eleven was THE game, gameplay was the central core and no one cared about graphics.

In 2008 we talk about faces...they're awesome and life-like..but...where is gameplay gone?

Gameplay is still there. Your perception of it and your perception of what you consider to look like Football might have changed.

Game is very very responsive.

Once upon a time...

True, very sad indeed. Net faces and shirts have become the main issues these days.

Anyway after many years of pes this year i made uop my mind, i will buy fifa for being something refreshing and more simulation like. I am fed up of people flying on the wing on line to score the same gols over and over. Hopefully we ll get something better next year.

Right I've played ti here are my thoughts

First impressions were "It's just the same as PES6". There are these annoying bass noises whenever you TOUCH the ball. If that isn't arcade I don't know what is. It plays pretty much the same as PES6 although they've fixed a few things. I'll give you my likes and dislikes because it's easier

-The player faces are incredible. Fifa can learn a thing or two from PES here
-The goal celebrations are amazing and really capture the feel or a goal
-The nets are superb although I don't think they should be as loose as they are.
-It's still pretty fun like PES has always been. I can have a laugh playing PES
-Response times

Dislikes
-It's so arcade it's ridiculous. Everything from the sound to the speed of the game.
-Most of the animations are exactly the same as PES6
-The slowdown on replays.. why? It wasn't there in PES6
-Ball feels too heavy at times
-You can barely aim your shots. I aimed for a corner with Ronaldinho and it went the opposite corner and wide.
-Passing is poor. You can't pass into space unless it's a through ball.
-It just doesn't feel like real football. It's purely an arcade game. Good for a quick laugh but nothing more. If you call this game a simulation you are fucking nuts.

-It just doesn't feel like real football. It's purely an arcade game. Good for a quick laugh but nothing more. If you call this game a simulation you are fucking nuts.

Yes but on the technology timeline we are here

you want to be 2 miles thaddaway -->

Right now it's as close to a sim as we can expect.

yeah, we all are nuts but you are great.

i think you should focus on real football on tv. its the best for all of us. alternatively, you could stay away from this thread and stay at home...in the fifa 08 thread.

thx for the review Noted.

I find the noises when you touch the ball also pretty annoying.
Has nothing to do with the game being arcade because this is far from arcade.
Also it looks to me you just arent trying, barely aim shots? Looks like you need some in-depth practice ;)

You should read this because it really is true.. The little nuances, the little things you only notice when you learn to appreciate the game. Thats what pes makes a pretty realistic football game, the little things my friend. The attention to detail..

Jeet fukken CHRIST.

5 pages of Fifa fans out of nowhere.

Okey dokes. Here's where I stand. Pro Evo has ALWAYS had little intracacies that real footballers can identify with. There's always been that depth to the game where you can see attacking moves before they unfold.

Basically it plays as if you are watching a real football game.

What, pray tell, has Fifa done since 07 to make people change their minds? Because that game was just so monotone (best way of describing it) and detached from what I'd expect from a footy sim.

Someone please shed some light as to how Fifa has matched the subtle nuances that make PES what it is, as I'm relly not buying it. Pro Evo has had that little bit of magic for about a decade now, I don't see how Fifa can even get close to it in only a year.

I've seen a few Fifa vids, one where someone was doing a load of skills and some pre-rendered footage. Both of which didn't get my juices flowing.

Arse it, I'll download the demo and take this to the Fifa bit.

On topic, people with the demo. Free kicks, have they differed at all?

- the master of zico oriented free kicks right hurr

About the noises on the pitch. Although they're not very realistic, as I said before, it makes you feel like you're right there in the action. Every tumble, every "ouf" when players collide, the sound of the tackles etc, contribute to the atmosphere.

I once said that FIFA looks like Football, while PES feels like playing football. It's not that black and white, but it's a bit like that in a way.

A video of Ronaldo performing the new trick:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7uUSObl8FI
I'm still not sure of how I'm doing it... :)

And Noted:
If you can't aim your shots here you'll never score in FIFA08... ;)

And Noted:
If you can't aim your shots here you'll never score in FIFA08... ;)

right. BUT if you can aim the shots in Fifa and you are a pro than you dont need good players with good shooting stats. You can score easy goals with every bad team...and this is not realistic!

Last edited:

Dislikes
-It's so arcade it's ridiculous. Everything from the sound to the speed of the game.
-Most of the animations are exactly the same as PES6
-The slowdown on replays.. why? It wasn't there in PES6
-Ball feels too heavy at times
-You can barely aim your shots. I aimed for a corner with Ronaldinho and it went the opposite corner and wide.
-Passing is poor. You can't pass into space unless it's a through ball.

Well i cant wait for the final version as its still a month away.

Its a game at the end of the day. It wont please everyone

I couldnt really care less for stats when the new PES releases come out cause they are changed virtually straight away by patches but Riqueleme with body balance 82?

Robinho 97 dribble accuracy? Imagine if these stats could never be changed, the world would explode :D

i agree with Han about the pace, you can dicate the pace. This will be great for multiplayer

fifa 08=single player heaven
pes 08=multiplayer heaven

Out of curiosity how long did it take you to download it, I have been stuck on 66% for an hour and I have a 20mb connection, I downloaded 2.5gb from Microsoft today in 33 mins, this is agony!! :)

I'm finding that defending is a LOT better.

> Players actually go where I want them to when I want them to.
> Defensive headers are much better. And winning position for those seems a little better too.
> I've seen the GK punch the ball away from the box, when previously he'd just punch it to a close by opponent.

While in possession:
> A lot easier to get out of rails and meet a pass, even without supercancel.
> Dribbling overall is better.

Yes, i mean Fabregas. I want to see his stats.

The more I play it the more I like it. It's nowhere near Fifa in terms of realism but it's still fun and I will be buying it.

are the bench cutscenes in the demo while in the pause menu? if so, is there something happening?

I wait for the PC game. Imagine this greatfull Faces by Konami edited by Mystiq for example\\:o/.(if its possible)

Looking forward to it...

I really love the Referee animations.

Just now I tackled Heinze from behind and he just ran to me and Bam, red!

The score was 2-1 to Argentina, and what do they do? They take out Saviola and put Veron in, strenghtening their midfield to prevent me from trying the equalizer:

imagem012ed6.jpg

The cheeky fu**ers! :)

Some boots:

Some videos:

Quaresma teaching Brazil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opjilEqXBfM
Ronaldo controling the pass with style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJDLHhh3RmQ

The more I play it the more I like it. It's nowhere near Fifa in terms of realism but it's still fun and I will be buying it.

Yea get them both mate. Its all good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom