WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

cesckt0.jpg

Amazing

I wait for the PC game. Imagine this greatfull Faces by Konami edited by Mystiq for example\\:o/.(if its possible)

Looking forward to it...

Been thinking about it for a couple of months already :)

Fabregas stats, Please. It's Very important for me.

Im loving the responses, wish I could say they are varied :lol:

Loads of negativity here, and Im actually happy about that. Why? Its exactly the same build from Leipzig, maybe even worse. I say worse because of the huge amount of bugs that in the demo that wernt in Leipzig.

But overall its the same demo Suffwan found insulting, and the same demo that made me say (you can hear it on one of the videos) I wanted to leave Germany. It was playable and certainly easy to pick up, but a total mess in trying to call it a 'simulation.'

Like many have pointed out the pace is crazy. Far too fast. It something I only noticed in the 360 version, but I can say even that version over in Leipzig was slower than this demo.

In the end though Im very happy to say that it doesnt represent the final quality of the game. Just as the Fifa 08 demo doesnt do it justice, neither does the PES 2008 one. I wont say its a million miles apart, but its certainly more impressive, slower, and a dream to play in wide cam.

Like someone pointed out before, I dont quite understand the point of these demos if they differ so much from the final build. The file size is silly too, at Leipzig it weighed in a 3.98gb. Im not sure if compression had effected the quality, but something is certainly wrong here.

Stats are almost the same that WE J-League. Some little changes, but not that much.

Thanks for the explanation Adonis

Why do konami release it then, surely they are doing themselves harm releasing it :S

Absolutely brilliant! The AI can rip me apart at times, but the players do what I want them to do, FINALLY!

Players looks amazing, William Gallas' likeness is absolutely stunning!

Im loving the responses, wish I could say they are varied :lol:

Loads of negativity here, and Im actually happy about that. Why? Its exactly the same build from Leipzig, maybe even worse. I say worse because of the huge amount of bugs that in the demo that wernt in Leipzig.

But overall its the same demo Suffwan found insulting, and the same demo that made me say (you can hear it on one of the videos) I wanted to leave Germany. It was playable and certainly easy to pick up, but a total mess in trying to call it a 'simulation.'

Like many have pointed out the pace is crazy. Far too fast. It something I only noticed in the 360 version, but I can say even that version over in Leipzig was slower than this demo.

In the end though Im very happy to say that it doesnt represent the final quality of the game. Just as the Fifa 08 demo doesnt do it justice, neither does the PES 2008 one. I wont say its a million miles apart, but its certainly more impressive, slower, and a dream to play in wide cam.

Like someone pointed out before, I dont quite understand the point of these demos if they differ so much from the final build. The file size is silly too, at Leipzig it weighed in a 3.98gb. Im not sure if compression had effected the quality, but something is certainly wrong here.

Erm, now that a lot of people have read this, do they still think the demo is the perfect and all holy version of footbaling that only professional footballers can appreciate? My lord the seabass worshipping on this site is ridiculous.

I absolutely adore the WE series, have done for years, but you must be absolutely blind to see that Konami haven't done anything significant in 5 years. I think the reason that fifa is getting more support this year is because we have a whole community of people who've gone nuts playing the ML :)!

Ribery needs far better stats.

Just scored a cracker with Malouda, ball came in, wanted to turn away from the defender but quickly changed my mind half way through the move. He chipped the ball up and volleyed it over his right shoulder.

If that was PES6 it would've been in row Z, absolutely loving this game, PES is back!!!!!!!!

The ball looks like it's sliding on ice. Maybe it actually looks like that in real life too if the pitch is good enough, never really thought about it. Game looks ok, looks like PES. Can't say I like the animations being jerky and making the players slide. Faces looks amazing up close but from far away it kinda looks like before.

Thought this was cool: CPU attemped to dive with Kaka and was yellow carded. I was wondering if the CPU would dive or not. I guess the answer is yes.

Overall I'm liking it the demo the more I play it. Definitely needs some tweaking for the final version. Just getting used to the 360 controller to play PES is the toughest part for me. PS2/PS3 controller much more natural.

Someone please shed some light as to how Fifa has matched the subtle nuances that make PES what it is, as I'm relly not buying it. Pro Evo has had that little bit of magic for about a decade now, I don't see how Fifa can even get close to it in only a year.

The silence speaks volumes BadgerMan.

The ball looks like it's sliding on ice.
Thank God, I'm not going mad then.

Erm, now that a lot of people have read this, do they still think the demo is the perfect and all holy version of footbaling that only professional footballers can appreciate? My lord the seabass worshipping on this site is ridiculous.
Took the words right out of my brain, you thief. But never mind, it's a Pro Evo site. I have to get a life now unfortunately... Eeek.

The silence speaks volumes BadgerMan.
Yep. Not so silent in the FIFA thread though, where you're safe to praise and criticise the game without being told to fuck off.

Ronaldinho, the star of the EAsport game (i forget the name sorry) but likeness only on PES 2008 ? ;)

sitdriveriy6.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom