WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

Don't get personal, man. He's on a wind-up anyway!

How am I on a windup? I'm expressing my honest opinions based on the PES demo which I just spent a couple of hours or so playing, is that somehow not allowed on these forums? Am I not in the WE/PES 2008 next gen forum? ;)

Guys, calm down. It's only a game. Let's not fight or have war over a game. Let's all come to a common ground of agreeing to disagree respectfully. Both games have their positives and negatives. A demo is only a demo, nothing else. It may give you a glimpse at some things that are to come, but not all of them. Wait till the final version is released. I'm sure SeaAss is marking down all the feedback from this demo and will hopefully improve and tweak certain areas. If the game is arcadish to you, then enjoy it for what it's worth in your view, if it plays more like a sim, enjoy it for that. To each his own.

Love all of you!

Peace!
;-)

How am I on a windup? I'm expressing my honest opinions based on the PES demo which I just spent a couple of hours or so playing, is that somehow not allowed on these forums? Am I not in the WE/PES 2008 next gen forum? ;)

ok, but you do like to wind people up a little bit, a little teensy bit, no, I mean knowwing everyone is this thread is a little bit erm "touchy"?

For me the 360 Version don't really care. The PC Version is the important one(for me). Last year the game was really bad on the 360 but i liked the PC version. So i hope this year it will be the same.

That tells you all you need to know about how poor PES has become in the last few years. What do you think attracted these FIFA fans to this site in the first place?
My last post for now - this is exactly right. :applause:

I came here because I loved PES. I would have given up on this place after a month if I didn't really love the game. And now, after seeing what EA are doing with their next-gen engines, I don't. But never mind. All good things come to an end.

I've played the FIFA 08 demo over 200 halves (100 full matches) and scored three times. I played ten games of this PES2008 demo, on top player, and scored in every game. So I don't see any defensive improvement at all, if anything they run away from you now instead of closing you down.
You did not read my post well enough: I was talking about your own defenders, so those controlled by the CPU from your team... ;)

Or I got bored with playing PES' ML over and over and over and over again the same thing every time, winning everything every season on 6*, I only played singleplayer in football games, after Konami stopped giving a toss about the ML since PES3 I finally gave up at PES5 and moved over to Fifa......

As I've played dozens and dozens of football games in the 20+ years I've been playing football games somehow I think I'd have to be a real masochist to hate football games :)

Placebo, then i think the difference between me and you is me always playing 1 vs 1 human or 2 vs 2 human, then i love pes the most and happy to see that it's every year better than it's procedor. further on: no offence.

I like to express my opinion, I believe that's the right of everyone who uses a message board, I'm of an age and a generation where I really don't give a toss if people are uncomfortable, unhappy, unsettled to hear my opinion, they can quite easily ignore me if that's their wish :)

Knowing how touchy some people are there are a multitude of ways myself or anyone else could deliberately and excessively act to wind people up, but life's too short to at the end of the day worry or care because some people can't handle debate or discussion or criticism of a "game" :)

I'm starting to get pissed off - been downloading this demo since 12 and I still haven't reached 30%. Microsoft need to sort their shitty servers out pronto

For me the 360 Version don't really care. The PC Version is the important one(for me). Last year the game was really bad on the 360 but i liked the PC version. So i hope this year it will be the same.

I expect the gap to be slightly smaller this year. Lets both hope the PC version is the best one though :P

I've played the FIFA 08 demo over 200 halves (100 full matches) and scored three times. I played ten games of this PES2008 demo, on top player, and scored in every game. So I don't see any defensive improvement at all, if anything they run away from you now instead of closing you down. One goal I scored was with a defender who ran the length of the pitch to score, not one man closed him down.

I see no AI differences whatsoever in the demo but perhaps Teamvision is only there for ML games, as people have said.

Maybe we want the game to go back to how it used to be? Just because we want improvements doesn't mean we should get a life. The more of us that give constructive criticism the more the game may change (that's a good thing you know).

mybe u make some constructive criticism, but most just talk negative about pes.

I'm starting to get pissed off - been downloading this demo since 12 and I still haven't reached 30%. Microsoft need to sort their shitty servers out pronto

maybe then i have my ps3 demo earlier then you...

Placebo, then i think the difference between me and you is me always playing 1 vs 1 human or 2 vs 2 human, then i love pes the most and happy to see that it's every year better than it's procedor. further on: no offence.

None taken and I hope none given :) Even if it's sometimes not clear in my posts I don't care which game people play, if they are happy I'm happy, life's too short and too precious to not do things that make you happy :)

You have to make the speed unrealistic to gain realistic stats, or you have to make the speed realistic and have fewer shots per game (and less excitement if you see it like that, which you do because you call FIFA boring). Without playing a 90-minute match you can't have both (whether you're Seabass or not), and I prefer FIFA's approach. You prefer PES's. Respect to you.

I too want realism. If one can't commit to longer than 10 minute games, then why even bother playing the game? You want a game of football, yet you aren't intrested in spending the time setting up plays and such.

KONAMI should rather introduce longer playing times so we have that option.

And I am of the belief that when you are dealing with any recreations of human beings, you need realism in every sense. Every time something is off, it is so obvious (let's face it, it there is one thing we humans know it is how the movements of other humans look).

I wish they would stop catering to "instant-gratification" people that want exciting 5-5 matches when plying for 10 minutes.

Also, someone said they haven't seen any real 90 minute matches with 1-2 shots? I'm sure theres plenty, though most matches probably muster atleast 3-4 shots total for both teams.

The point is, KONAMI imho should customize the game for absolute realism. You base everything on a 90 minute match, and balance after that.

I'm sure there are people who want to score 2 goals in a 30-second match, but it isn't going to happen. If you sacrifice the playing time, you will sacrifice events. If you want to play a game of football, atleast 20 minute matches.

I've played the FIFA 08 demo over 200 halves (100 full matches) and scored three times. I played ten games of this PES2008 demo, on top player, and scored in every game. So I don't see any defensive improvement at all, if anything they run away from you now instead of closing you down. One goal I scored was with a defender who ran the length of the pitch to score, not one man closed him down.

I see no AI differences whatsoever in the demo but perhaps Teamvision is only there for ML games, as people have said.

Maybe we want the game to go back to how it used to be? Just because we want improvements doesn't mean we should get a life. The more of us that give constructive criticism the more the game may change (that's a good thing you know).

Maybe because PES is more intuitive and keep the same gameplay?

Maybe Because FIFA every change its gameplay?

I think for the first time since FIFA98 I'm gonna buy both games !
FIFA to play alone and PES for the multiplayer.
Both look good this year ! Both are the 'very first' real next gen football games.

That tells you all you need to know about how poor PES has become in the last few years. What do you think attracted these FIFA fans to this site in the first place?

one thing is 4 sure, u wont see me posting on a forum of a game that i dont like.... i have better things to do.

Let's all hold hands for a moment and think about Halle Berry hoovering our appartment with only an untucked Brazil shirt on, please........

one thing is 4 sure, u wont see me posting on a forum of a game that i dont like.... i have better things to do.

But in that same theme, don't you also have better things to do than to worry or care if someone has an opinion that you don't like? I mean why care if someone only has negative things to say about PES? Do you like it? Do you want to play it? If the answer is yes and yes then isn't that all that matters and all you should care about? :)

I really don't understand people loving a brand not a footy game.

All fucking talking about PES demo and i am sitting here with my bling bling ps3 without a demo!

So you would prefer a forum where everyone has only positive things to say? What an interesting place that would be.

I'm staring to think PES fans are not used to anyone criticising their beloved game.

My biggest problem with PES, and it fits into what Polakis said, is that Konami have tried to create a 10 minute experience that perfectly maps stats to a 90 minute one. To start with, an actual prem game only has about 40/50 minutes of 'in play' time, so that's roughly a 1 to 4 ratio, lets say. There's also about 10 minutes of random back passing, which wouldn't translate great into a game, so maybe its a bit lower.

Anyway, the point is, Konami have clearly decided that they'd like to have 15/20 shots in an end to end match. To do so, they've made it artificually quick to get from one end of the pitch to the other, and to fashion chances. Of course, chances are the exciting bits of football for most fans, so it makes sense. I had games in PES6 where I would, on the top difficulty level, take some 30 shots in a 10 minute match. The CPU player wouldn't even venture into my half (except to score their obligatory injury time winner, with their 1 shot all match).

The problem is, the chances you create are so good, that konami had to come up wiht a way to stop matches being 10-1 blowouts. So they were forced to destroy the shooting/chance taking system. Essentially they have to regulate how often you score your chances, regardless of how good those chances are. And that's really really annoying.

See playing PES is a joy. Players do just what you want them to (when CPU isn't cheating), they control the ball great, they pass great, they dribble great, so of course its too damn easy. Unlike Fifa, so i've heard (haven't played yet) when it's a bit more like real football, you f-up a whole bunch.

So it depends what you want. Just be happy with what we have, which are hopefully two great games, which should cater to all audiences :)

But in that same theme, don't you also have better things to do than to worry or care if someone has an opinion that you don't like? I mean why care if someone only has negative things to say about PES? Do you like it? Do you want to play it? If the answer is yes and yes then isn't that all that matters and all you should care about? :)

thats not my problem.

u guys are free to have ur own opinions, what makes me confused, is that u guys spend here more time then the "pes fans" we already know ur opinions u dont have to say it every 5min. and most of u havent even played the game, and the guys who were already talking shi** about the game when they'll play it its probable that they wont like it, because they already had a negative opinion about the game. if someone already has a opinion made about something before they try it, when they try it its hard for them to change opinion, cos they see it with negative eyes.

thats not my problem.

u guys are free to have ur own opinions, what makes me confused, is that u guys spend here more time then the "pes fans" we already know ur opinions u dont have to say it every 5min. and most of u havent even played the game, and the guys who were already talking shi** about the game when they'll play it its probable that they wont like it, because they already had a negative opinion about the game. if someone already has a opinion made about something before they try it, when they try it its hard for them to change opinion, cos they see it with negative eyes.

Someone's getting touchy :shock:

It amazes me how the PES fans get pissed of after a little criticism. As someone said, it's all about brands these days isn't it. Not which is the better football game.

the guys who were already talking shi** about the game when they'll play it its probable that they wont like it, because they already had a negative opinion about the game. if someone already has a opinion made about something before they try it, when they try it its hard for them to change opinion, cos they see it with negative eyes.

But aren't I the perfect example of that? I had an extremely negative opinion of it based on previous PES' + the footage we've seen so far, and I enjoyed playing the demo, if it weren't for me enjoying Fifa more, and the fact Fifa offers more to what I want (namely single player manager mode) I would get PES when it's released.

just played demo, i have to say, im really dissapointed, if the final game is same as demo i wont bother with pro evo this year, fifa miles ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom