WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

Errr it's the only new feature of this version that's actually pertinent to the onfield game of football in this PES and it's not in the demo? That's really stupid :)

An adaptive AI in a demo? c'mon !! it's impossible because you don't save any game.
In PES5 and PES6 there's already an "adaptive" AI. The CPU don't play on my game as on my friend's one. The CPU on mine copies what i try to do (trying lot of volleys, and far shots) and for my friends lot of tackles :).
In PES you cannot discover all features in 2 or 3 hours of game but 2 or 3 weeks. That's a big difference with FIFA.
But this year I think we're gonna have two good games ! remember, those two are the first EXCLUSIVE Next Gen footy games.
I hope FIFA will be better because of its few AI bugs and PES because its So Close PES6 Gameplay.

"We have received the confirmation from Konami that there will be a PC demo version for Pro Evolution Soccer 2008. The file will be released "very soon". So get your boots on, bitches. As soon as the PES 2008 demo is out, you'll find it here!

We will also share our exclusive high speed download-servers with the community in order to ensure that you can download the demo at any time with full speed."

from http://www.pesnews.com/

Last edited:

"We have received the confirmation from Konami that there will be a PC demo version for Pro Evolution Soccer 2008. The file will be released "very soon". So get your boots on, bitches. As soon as the PES 2008 demo is out, you'll find it here!

We will also share our exclusive high speed download-servers with the community in order to ensure that you can download the demo at any time with full speed."

from http://www.pesnews.com/

thx! That will do untill i can play it on my PS3

Hopefully it'll support ruddy widescreen because the video of the PC version on the PES blog seemed to suggest it was stretched

Basic informations are :
- When you look at it from far it looks like PES6 on the XBOX 360
-When you look at it closely ,players look a lot better than before .
-Gameplay is a lot faster than before
-Better long passes
-Improved AI but he said he doesn't if it was Teamvision or not .
I think that sums it up ,he didn't say anything wrong about but we all know what that means right ;)
Why do people who presents PES or FIFA compare the game to its competitor ?He had some pretty harsh thing said about it ,just presenting PES 2008 would have been fine IMO ,there is no need to bash other games :)

boys no worries, the game is really fun. If you like PES6 then i beleive you will like this. Its not nearly as bad as last years 360 title. Its fun, the controls are way more responsive, a really cool thing i noticed on a goal replay. Aimar is in the left corner and as he is approaching the crowd gets up from a sitting position and they all stand in unison as if they knwo something big is going to happen, quality!

This isn't downloadable at all now - anyone know if its on another country yet? Will create another login if so

Guys the game is slower than pes6 for sure!
It must be your tv...
All the videos I've seen make it look fast, the game plays way too fast in the demo, and lots of people have said it's faster, so if anything I'd say it's your TV making it look slow. :| But either way, I'm not buying a new TV for one game...

Errr it's the only new feature of this version that's actually pertinent to the onfield game of football in this PES and it's not in the demo? That's really stupid :)

Teamvision can't NOT be in the game, as it's the basis of the entire engine but it seems like some people don't notice it much and others do.

boys no worries, the game is really fun. If you like PES6 then i beleive you will like this. Its not nearly as bad as last years 360 title. Its fun, the controls are way more responsive, a really cool thing i noticed on a goal replay. Aimar is in the left corner and as he is approaching the crowd gets up from a sitting position and they all stand in unison as if they knwo something big is going to happen, quality!

They did that on PES4...

Well, after playing a few games and won 4-0 and 5-1 on regular level I would say that the game is far better than PES6 last year. Especially playing with Kaka and Ronaldinho is very enjoyable. FIFA 08 has very good things and PES 2008 have also very good things, so we have 2 good football games this year!

On the hardest level (the laughably named "top player") I can win despite having not played a WE/PES for well over a year, on the Fifa08 demo on the second easiest level I lose or draw most games, I think it's pretty obvious that PES' singleplayer will be as un-fulfilling as previous versions, same old win everything, every season ML, that's what unfortunately made me get so tired with PES so long ago. Obviously multiplayer is the only real attraction for PES.

Im really struggling to find anything realistic about this game

the game is fast, the passes and extra fast and super accurate as are the through balls. the shots are let off like rockets and the graphics are like the simpsons

but with that said its still a good game, not for realsim but for pure fun

The referee/linesmen's movement and actions seem very realistic, sure as hell wish they were in Fifa08 :)

tumbleweed.jpg

Stop moaning and go play your boring and slow fifa08...

Why do you have to knock Fifa?

Dont you understand that all most of us want is a good football game?

some think its Fifa and some thinks its PES, why cant you accept that?

You dont understand somethin people. Think first and then speak: Game speed is very relative to reality. You cant play a game in football for 90 minutes and have only 1-2 shots. Konami has the right thinking about foot speed and realism. So if you play pro2008 in 90 minutes (10 minutes real time) you can make 10-15 shots.
When you play fifa08 a 90 minutes (8 minutes real) game you can only make 1-2 shots. That is no real football you people.

(If you want to play fifa then you must have real 90' games to enjoy this game...)

So pro2008 for foot realism despite the game speed. Think of reality stats of football and you will see what is real and whats not...

Pro2008 all the way...

You dont understand somethin people. Think first and then speak: Game speed is very relative to reality. You cant play a game in football for 90 minutes and have only 1-2 shots. Konami has the right thinking about foot speed and realism. So if you play pro2008 in 90 minutes (10 minutes real time) you can make 10-15 shots.
When you play fifa08 a 90 minutes (8 minutes real) game you can only make 1-2 shots. That is no real football you people.

So pro2008 for foot realism despite the game speed. Think of reality stats of football and you will see what is real and whats not...

Pro2008 all the way...
son your reaching, they are both going to be enjoyablge games, in fact you need fifa to be good, so seabass can get off his lazy ass and make a new engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom