WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

Im getting rediculously slow speeds on this download - its been stuck on 30% the last 20 minutes!

And why exactly does every player have a circular shadow between their feet? Anyone know the answer to that?

My Marketplace is still loading and its taking forever and everytime i go into Messages my 360 freezes. :s

i think we will get the pes 2008 demo on PSN today around 6 pm GMT

Looks like an earlier build.

That music is shocking!

That music is shocking!
I know. "HARRRDER, WIIILDER, chase that dream like a child, yeah."

I've got visions now of Seabass chasing small children shouting "HARDER! WILDER!"

Before everyone gets carried away, I think Fifa08 pisses on this in every, and yes I do mean every area, I just don't think PES08 is "that" bad, not as bad as I was expecting at least from the videos we've seen, it's fun, it's simple and easy to pick up, but it's nowhere near as deep or as good looking or as "smart" as Fifa08 IMO. To me the difference is like the difference between say Sega Rally (PES) and Gran Turismo (Fifa08), one is a racing game that looks cartoony, is arcade and simple to play, fast and furious and fun, the other looks better, is a simulation and plays like it and has much more depth :)

Now abuse away if you must :)

I'm not goint to abuse you, but you have to admit; you've played a near finished version of Fifa, and only this demo for PES (which is probably similar to the Leipzig demo which people didn't like too much)

Fair play to you for saying you enjoyed the gameplay in PES 2008 though.

I think people shouldn't jump the gun yet, both FINAL versions will have their merits, although admittedly its as plain as anything that Fifa wins on gameplay modes and amount of improvements since last year's iterations*

*see I put my best word in at the end

you only can play it alone, right? even if the second controller is shown in the choosing menu?

Give us custom soundtracks Konami you guys clearly have no sense of style when its comes to music.

Surely if the speed is the biggest issue, Konami can just tweak the settings in the code to slow it down - if enough people complain?

just finished playing the demo for about 2 hours and found it to be a big improvement on last years 360 effort, graphics are crisp, shooting is class - a lot more realistic than previous versions, the responsivness of the 360 pad was a lot better too as i hated the slow response of pro 6. i found the long passing a a bit harder to do as the players hit the ball with a lot more power, but it feels more realistic. also like the fact that fast players like henry will easily out run defenders when running on to a through ball...i used to hate when sami hyypia would keep up with ronaldo in a through ball race! the only thing i dont really like is the animation of the players when they run with the ball at there feet....looks like there taking mini steps, bit wierd.

all in all though it was very good game

Surely if the speed is the biggest issue, Konami can just tweak the settings in the code to slow it down - if enough people complain?
I really hope so. That has to be the number one priority. I don't even consider the game playable at this speed (fair play to those who do but I disagree strongly if you say this speed is anything like realistic).

Can you change the level (top player etc) or is it fixed?

I am not sure how their animations are setup.

Some things might be motion captured, in which case they ought to be realistic speed unless they have altered the speed of the animation.

SOme animations might be key-frame animations (they have a few set points of animations that the animation will "meet", but between these points the animation is "free"). So, the animation might tell a players leg to move from point "A" to point "B" in a certain speed, and it does it. Skilled players have faster speed of animation and thus move faster.

Though technically I don't see how it could be impossible. They already have an animation scaling system in the stats of players. Making the 99 Topspeed instead be the "70" value, would scale the speed down across the board. same for dribble speed, pass speeds etc.

My brother has a 360, so hopefully I will get to play it tomorrow. I need to see this for myself, if a PC demo doesn't show up today which I hope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom