WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

Just played the 1st half as me Brazil v Turkey, I'm shocked, I actually enjoyed it, winning 1-0, cross to Kaka, chest down (well actually he missed his header but we'll pretend!) and poked in as it dropped, Dudu was sent off for a late lunging tackle, the way the ref walks up and shows the red card before switching to the closeup (ie no black screen) is great :)

Edit: It's not of course "all that" I think graphically it's poor, looks like I'm playing a PS2.5 game, no way is this next gen visually :( And yes the music is awful.....

Wow, thanks for your impressions mate believe it or not your one person I believe is completley true to how they feel, so this eases my worries a little.

Gonna start again so I have 11 men and try a slightly harder skill level (started with 2nd to easiest) :)

Edit: Oh and maybe it's cos I'm playing only on 28" CRT TV but I think the speed is ok, not too fast, not too slow, it's faster than Fifa but not super fast as seen in some videos :)

Can you start another game straight away or do you have to exit out of the demo and start again?

Can you start another game straight away or do you have to exit out of the demo and start again?

You can just restart a new match right away :) Jumps straight to team select :)

Edit: Stuck with one camera view which is annoying :( You can reconfigure controls if you wish though :)

I am looking forward to downloading this, but it may cloud people's judgement due to the early code.

If Placebo likes it then it must be decent, If Jack dislikes it then it certainly aint all that.

Anyway, I will reserve judgement until I download it, and remember, as long as you like it and enjoy it then it does not matter what anyone else thinks.

PES6 was a bit too arcade for me, if this turns out to be the same then my opinions wont change in that its not moved on enough.

Enjoy people;)

cammeyboy how much does ea pay you?

He's probably into fifa cause everton are liscened not becuase of the gameplay.

first total impression

its not that good arghhh,but its a demo so hope full version will be better

for a pes thread and pes fans you all mention fifa quite a lot. just shut the fuck up the guy is aloud his opinion. I hope pes is good but if it isnt im going to say so. It DOESNT make me a fifa fanboy.

Jumping on peoples thoughts is just plain fuckin ignorant.

cammeyboy how much does ea pay you?

He's probably into fifa cause everton are liscened not becuase of the gameplay.

:D

I'm a football fan I want a good football Simulation.

And FIFA has brought that to the table this year.

I played marbles at school and it was crap then, what seabass is thinking with these physics is beyond me.

I would actually laugh if Han really likes it... Each to their own, I know, but honestly, I have no idea how someone can like this. I didn't like PES6 but I did play it online occasionally. But this... I honestly don't believe it. I really can't. I've lost respect for Seabass over time, but even this doesn't feel like a Seabass game. If you don't like FIFA 08 then I can understand why, it has bugs. I even understand if you HATE FIFA 08, and I bear no grudge. But if you like this, I can't understand.
There was a lot to read after this post, but I first want to answer this one:
The gamespeed is between the speed of PES 5 and PES 6. It is NOT too fast in my opinion. The flow of the game is very smooth, like a Rolls-Royce :)
I like it very much and I have no idea how somebody can dislike it ;)
I played two matches, winning one 2-0 and the other was a draw 0-0. My first goal ever on PES 2008 was a wonderfull lob from 25 meter :)
Tactically the players ar much better, especially the defence is on the right spot, much more than previous versions. I have to admit, two games is too few to make conclusions but sofar I am really happy.
Oh and FIFA08 demo was great too, I don't hate it, but that's all I want to say, just to avoid useless discussions.

first total impression

its not that good arghhh,but its a demo so hope full version will be better

your statement proofs it will be a great game, because with every new good pes it feels like shit in the beginning and ends up best

Before everyone gets carried away, I think Fifa08 pisses on this in every, and yes I do mean every area, I just don't think PES08 is "that" bad, not as bad as I was expecting at least from the videos we've seen, it's fun, it's simple and easy to pick up, but it's nowhere near as deep or as good looking or as "smart" as Fifa08 IMO. To me the difference is like the difference between say Sega Rally (PES) and Gran Turismo (Fifa08), one is a racing game that looks cartoony, is arcade and simple to play, fast and furious and fun, the other looks better, is a simulation and plays like it and has much more depth :)

Now abuse away if you must :)

There was a lot to read after this post, but I first want to answer this one:
The gamespeed is between the speed of PES 5 and PES 6. It is NOT too fast in my opinion. The flow of the game is very smooth, like a Rolls-Royce :)
I like it very much and I have no idea how somebody can dislike it ;)
I played two matches, winning one 2-0 and the other was a draw 0-0. My first goal ever on PES 2008 was a wonderfull lob from 25 meter :)
Tactically the players ar much better, especially the defence is on the right spot, much more than previous versions. I have to admit, two games is too few to make conclusions but sofar I am really happy.
Oh and FIFA08 demo was great too, I don't hate it, but that's all I want to say, just to avoid useless discussions.
Fair enough, I'm honestly (hand on heart) glad that you like it and that you'll be happily playing a football game you enjoy this year.

And he looks so sad:

seabassdw5.jpg

I turned on my 360 and found a update message. Did anyone get that too?

Such a shame to a men which delivers us so much joy over the years..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom