WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

Holy shit, I've always liked PES for some things, but I really hate this demo. It's WAY too fast. It's fast enough with the old players, but you get Cristiano Ronaldo and when he runs it's literally like watching a cartoon. The speed is absolutely ridiculous. All my control issues from the previous games are still there, I've had players walk to the ball and let the CPU intercept (despite using supercancel) and... I won't go on. I'm really shocked, I thought I might buy it to play online occasionally, but no way. Seabass is obviously aiming for the "arcade" crowd now. The PES fans won't listen to me because I have a FIFA avatar and that's fair enough, I don't blame you, but I'm hoping most people realise I'm always honest in my assessments. In my personal opinion, this is the worst PES I've played. I really hope Adonis plays it and confirms he's played something better.

For those interested in the resolution I was playing it in, 1080i (and widescreen).

EDIT: Oh my shit. I just did the slowest shot in the world, it was going out by a mile, and the keeper touched it out for a corner. This has to be a really early build.

EDIT 2: The faces are amazing for most players, and the crowd is excellent as well.

EDIT 3: And the referees are good. Tackle from behind, straight red, no messing.

Last edited:

Sounds like it's running at the pace of the past PS2 versions finally. Last years 360 version made the PS2 one we knew and love look arcadey too.

This sounds good to me.

Also, last years's 360 version met a lot of angry views, but after time it started to click.. well for me anyway.

Plus you fail to have this game in your wishlist ;)

Last edited:

Oh Christ, seriously, I can't do a review in this thread. I think it's really bad. Wayyy too fast compared to real life, ball physics are ridiculous, it's like an arcade game (the ball moves across the grass perfectly, like a marble on glass), the graphics are great on the faces but otherwise exactly the same. I won't say anything else in here because I will get flamed to within an inch of my life but I definitely won't be buying it.

As expected

so ps3 owners have to wait until next week for demo,thats to bad.
belgian psn has no fifa demo , i dont hive a damn about that.
but if the pes demo is not there next week,that would be unexeptable.

animations great!!!
players look amazing!!!
the crowd looks great!!!
ref and assistents on the game!!!
face animations cool!!!

some slowdowns in diffrent situations-
radar still cant be removed-
some strange flickering some times-

Last edited:

can someone without a gay soldier avatar give us some thoughts on pes? l0ol

But personly i think it wil suck on 360..... maybe alsow a bit on ps3
but like always...the JAP versions PWNZ on playstation,so my mony is still on Winning eleven...and NO its not the same game as the EU version.

Last edited:

Sure thing.

It's shit, looks shit, plays shit, too fast, too arcade :lmao:

Now don't start complaining that this forum isn't what it used to be....i don't care if the game (or games) are shit or not, but this is a provocation in already disgusting thread...

I'm gonna report you to a mod....how old are you????

I would actually laugh if Han really likes it... Each to their own, I know, but honestly, I have no idea how someone can like this. I didn't like PES6 but I did play it online occasionally. But this... I honestly don't believe it. I really can't. I've lost respect for Seabass over time, but even this doesn't feel like a Seabass game. If you don't like FIFA 08 then I can understand why, it has bugs. I even understand if you HATE FIFA 08, and I bear no grudge. But if you like this, I can't understand.

Hey that's not a gay soldier, that's me dressed as a soldier!

Oh Gerd, I'd tell you to grow up but we all know you're already grown up, so get a sense of humour please love ;)

If this is your idea of humour, then i seriously pity you...what pleasure can you possibly have coming here gloating about something you didn't even experienced...
What kind of thing can be that important???? Surely not a bloody game, no matter how good or bad that is...
Besides that it's bloody weak defence to speak about humour....

I could understand this sort of reaction from a 16 year old, but you...

I'm convinced this is an early version. There's some really weird flickering across the whole screen sometimes, it seems to be random. And I've seen goalkeepers palm out shots that they've had to run down the sideline to punch, they were going miles wide and posed no threat whatsoever. No way is this based on anything near the final code, I may not like the game but PES is never this buggy, ever. That's the best thing PES has ever had going for it, that there's little (if any) bugs.

first quick impression

animations great!!!
players look amazing!!!
the crowd looks great!!!
ref and assistents on the game!!!
face animations cool!!!

some slowdowns in diffrent situations-
radar still cant be removed-
some strange flickering some times-

played on a samsung hd tv

Great. Pes2008 is too fast. FIFA08 gameplay in general sucks. That means no GOOD football game for this year..

where the F*ck are the pics,or is everybody waiting for me?

If it sucks I won't know what to do, because I didn't like Fifa 08 either! Guess it'll come down to which sucks the least because I can't do without a new footy game for the year!

Konami should recieve some credit for releasing the demo nearly a month before the release. Usually its been a day before or 2 months later. I remember never actually bothering with the pes ps2 demo's because i would always already have the game. Although by the sound of it (early version/bugs/flicker) they might have been better off polishing it up a bit more. Especially if they have released it to combat the general positive response to fifa. A buggy version wont help a week before fifa's release.

Just played the 1st half as me Brazil v Turkey, I'm shocked, I actually enjoyed it, winning 1-0, cross to Kaka, chest down (well actually he missed his header but we'll pretend!) and poked in as it dropped, Dudu was sent off for a late lunging tackle, the way the ref walks up and shows the red card before switching to the closeup (ie no black screen) is great :)

Edit: It's not of course "all that" I think graphically it's poor, looks like I'm playing a PS2.5 game, no way is this next gen visually :( And yes the music is awful.....

But personly i think it wil suck on 360..... maybe alsow a bit on ps3
but like always...the JAP versions PWNZ on playstation,so my mony is still on Winning eleven...and NO its not the same game as the EU version.

Junka I hope your right but honestly none of us know if there will be major differences. it is just speculation at the moment..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom