WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

You dont understand somethin people. Think first and then speak: Game speed is very relative to reality. You cant play a game in football for 90 minutes and have only 1-2 shots. Konami has the right thinking about foot speed and realism. So if you play pro2008 in 90 minutes (10 minutes real time) you can make 10-15 shots.
When you play fifa08 a 90 minutes (8 minutes real) game you can only make 1-2 shots. That is no real football you people.

(If you want to play fifa then you must have real 90' games to enjoy this game...)

So pro2008 for foot realism despite the game speed. Think of reality stats of football and you will see what is real and whats not...

Pro2008 all the way...
You have to make the speed unrealistic to gain realistic stats, or you have to make the speed realistic and have fewer shots per game (and less excitement if you see it like that, which you do because you call FIFA boring). Without playing a 90-minute match you can't have both (whether you're Seabass or not), and I prefer FIFA's approach. You prefer PES's. Respect to you.

You cant play a game in football for 90 minutes and have only 1-2 shots. Konami has the right thinking about foot speed and realism. So if you play pro2008 in 90 minutes (10 minutes real time) you can make 10-15 shots.
When you play fifa08 a 90 minutes (8 minutes real) game you can only make 1-2 shots. That is no real football you people.

You're obviously just shit at FIFA, then. You need attempts on goal handed to you on a plate, konami style.

Amazing how all the anti-pes fans downloaded the game first. They must really hate it.
TBH I only expected to hear good things from the fifa avatar owners and the soldier etc I'm really surprised that they dont like it.

Sorry just realised the soldier thinks it's fun in an arcadey way but FIFA is better. I wish he would start a FIFA website so that I could join and be his number 1 fan. I'm now convinced FIFA is better.

I reckon everyone needs to chill out

get your hands on the full retail version of both games, give them a couple of weeks to 'bed in' and then see which title you prefer to play.

the truth will out eventually.

in the mean time the people who think the game is too fast.. take your hand off the run button and knock it about abit. slow the game down.

I think this is one advantage PES has over FIFA the ability to dictate the pace of a game to your own tatse. I feel FIFA can only be played at one pace (which is a bit to slow.)

also I found it hard to gauge which has the most realistic pace because the two games are so differant.I think its probably somewhere in the middle (going off the demos anyway).

The truth will out!

You dont understand somethin people. Think first and then speak: Game speed is very relative to reality. You cant play a game in football for 90 minutes and have only 1-2 shots. Konami has the right thinking about foot speed and realism. So if you play pro2008 in 90 minutes (10 minutes real time) you can make 10-15 shots.

(If you want to play fifa then you must have real 90' games to enjoy this game...)

So pro2008 for foot realism despite the game speed. Think of reality stats of football and you will see what is real and whats not...

Pro2008 all the way...

um the fifa demo is a 4mon half so I dont know where did you get that info about gettign 1-2 shot per 8min half,basicly what your saying is bullshit that come from what you think the game will come out your ridiculous.

and I manager to get 4-5 per demo game wich is pretty good but need to work hard to get those, so stop posting bullshitwhen you have no clue of what your talking about.

Pro2008 all the way...
|

Hahaha omg! 1-2 shots in a whole match!? You really suck :shock:

get your hands on the full retail version of both games, give them a couple of weeks to 'bed in' and then see which title you prefer to play.

in the mean time the people who think the game is too fast.. take your hand off the run button and knock it about abit. slow the game down.

I think this is one advantage PES has over FIFA the ability to dictate the pace of a game to your own tatse. I feel FIFA can only be played at one pace (which is a bit to slow.)

also I found it hard to gauge which has the most realistic pace because the two games are so differant.I think its probably somewhere in the middle (going off the demos anyway).

The truth will out!

:applause:

Amazing how all the anti-pes fans downloaded the game first. They must really hate it.
TBH I only expected to hear good things from the fifa avatar owners and the soldier etc I'm really surprised that they dont like it.

Sorry just realised the soldier thinks it's fun in an arcadey way but FIFA is better. I wish he would start a FIFA website so that I could join and be his number 1 fan. I'm now convinced FIFA is better.

Sarcasm FTW, yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee \\:o/

Bah why do Xbox users get the demo first? I want me PC demo! Monday can't come soon enough

The truth will out!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

That's the way I play. I always have 60-70% possesion and that's why I win lot of games against my friends ;)

The best players online are those who give the tempo.

About the speed: I do agree with polakis; it is slower, not faster. It looks faster if you pass the ball around with one-touch, but if you dribble normal speed ( no dash ) then it is certainly slower. In fact, you can choose if you want a fast or a slow game. If you almost do not dribble and only pass the ball around, it is a fast game. If you dribble around watching for space before you pass or play two-touch football, you get a slower game. All depends on the passing; that can make it faster or slower.
I just played for about 1.5 hours and I can really slow down or speed up at will. So you can play in patches of speed-bursts and than slowing down again, looking for a possible through-pass. Because of this it is a fantastic version :) About teamvision: I think teamvision saves info from you as player and plays the best tactics accordingly. So it needs to save info in your game-profile and I don't think this demo does that.
Still, the AI has improved greatly, so it may use a part from teamvision that not need to be saved...

Last edited:

About the speed: I do agree with polakis; it is slower, not faster. It looks faster if you pass the ball around with one-touch, but if you dribble normal speed ( no dash ) then it is certainly slower. In fact, you can choose if you want a fast or a slow game. If you almost do not dribble and only pass the ball around, it is a fast game. If you dribble around watching for space before you pass or play two-touch football, you get a slower game. All depends on the passing; that can make it faster or slower.
I just played for about 1.5 hours and I can really slow down or speed up at will. So you can play in patches of speed-bursts and than slowing down again, looking for a possible through-pass. Because of this it is a fantastic version :) About teamvision: I think teamvision saves info from you as player and plays the best tactics accordingly. So it needs to save info in your game-profile and I don't think this demo does that.
Still, the AI has improved greatly, so it may use a part from teamvision that not need to be saved...

Someone has the official anouncement of a PS3 demo?

Still, the AI has improved greatly

With all due respect, I'm not seeing that on the demo, as I said I haven't played a PES for at least 12 months, within 3 matches of the demo being downloaded I win on the hardest skill level, if the AI is improved why isn't it beating me?

With all due respect, I'm not seeing that on the demo, as I said I haven't played a PES for at least 12 months, within 3 matches of the demo being downloaded I win on the hardest skill level, if the AI is improved why isn't it beating me?
The part that improved most is the defence. They position your own defenders more intelligently.

Correct. But a let down in every other respect.

Ye. I agree with you there. I was really hoping for a huge improvement when it comes to playing against the CPU. I haven't yet played the game but early suggestions say there hasnt been a major improvement in this respect

why is a PES forum full of Fifa fans? im getting sick already.

if i dont like something i just dont bother with it, u guys dont like pes but u are always here, i dont get it, get a life.

The part that improved most is the defence. They position your own defenders more intelligently.
I've played the FIFA 08 demo over 200 halves (100 full matches) and scored three times. I played ten games of this PES2008 demo, on top player, and scored in every game. So I don't see any defensive improvement at all, if anything they run away from you now instead of closing you down. One goal I scored was with a defender who ran the length of the pitch to score, not one man closed him down.

I see no AI differences whatsoever in the demo but perhaps Teamvision is only there for ML games, as people have said.

if i dont like something i just dont bother with it, u guys dont like pes but u are always here, i dont get it, get a life.
Maybe we want the game to go back to how it used to be? Just because we want improvements doesn't mean we should get a life. The more of us that give constructive criticism the more the game may change (that's a good thing you know).

Last edited:

this mean one of the two things:

-you are a liar or
-you hate footy games

Or I got bored with playing PES' ML over and over and over and over again the same thing every time, winning everything every season on 6*, I only played singleplayer in football games, after Konami stopped giving a toss about the ML since PES3 I finally gave up at PES5 and moved over to Fifa......

As I've played dozens and dozens of football games in the 20+ years I've been playing football games somehow I think I'd have to be a real masochist to hate football games :)

That tells you all you need to know about how poor PES has become in the last few years. What do you think attracted these FIFA fans to this site in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom