WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/14/07)

Soon you will have Demo Released check this

fond_dl_pes2008.jpg

they say :soon download the pes 2008 demo

Hopefully I am permitted to ask a PES-question between all these FIFA-themes :roll:

Where is this page from? Please give us the link :)

A football game shouldn't need a super-cancel button in the first place. If I pass a through ball, and I then point the stick towards the ball, the game should understand that I want to meet the ball and not wait for it. Super-cancel is just a bad excuse for not making the game more intelligent.

Exactly what I think.

It's what I suggest.

Can't wait for the demo... damn...
Great to see you again Jack, thinking twice about not buying PES2008? :lmao:

It would be a very hard thing to put into the game, the full control, when recieving a pass, because then if you aim, the transistion from one player to another, could cause you to either run in the direction you was passing, or if you try to switch to soon, the pass goes opposite direction. Imagine headers, you would be free roaming, you could move your player wherever you want, but how would you recieve it, and for it to understand the ball is under the players control? As if there wasnt a code to recieve the ball, hence the staying still or original runs, the player may run and miss the ball etc?

For now I think super cancel is amazing, I mean what can you complain about it, it cancels pretty much anything, hold it, and you can put your player wherever you want? Why do people complain! It is an amazing feature to have. PES or not!

Can't wait for the demo... damn...
Great to see you again Jack, thinking twice about not buying PES2008? :lmao:
Just trying to help out the community. Every time I get PES news from my contact I'm the first to post it.

Just because you like one game doesn't mean you have to shit on the other you know...

Please make the 1st time shot less powerful Seabass.
Alot of people online shoot with first time shots exclusively because of their power and accuracy.

It would be a very hard thing to put into the game, the full control, when recieving a pass, because then if you aim, the transistion from one player to another, could cause you to either run in the direction you was passing, or if you try to switch to soon, the pass goes opposite direction. Imagine headers, you would be free roaming, you could move your player wherever you want, but how would you recieve it, and for it to understand the ball is under the players control? As if there wasnt a code to recieve the ball, hence the staying still or original runs, the player may run and miss the ball etc?

For now I think super cancel is amazing, I mean what can you complain about it, it cancels pretty much anything, hold it, and you can put your player wherever you want? Why do people complain! It is an amazing feature to have. PES or not!

Some guidance is good. See at it as some kind of magnetic guidance you can break out of if you want to (without having to press several buttons). Small changes in direction will let you finetune the way the player runs, but he will still be guided, while bigger changes will eventually move you out of the trail.

At least the most obvoius direction changes should break you out of the script. If I make a pass, and then move my stick in 180 degrees to meet the pass, it should understand what I'm trying to do.

Exactly in PES you have that, you can move a bit, hold R2 its more than normal, but not as huge as super cancel, mainly noticed for high balls etc, and then theres super cancel, free roam, I always use them, both to amazing effect, probably why I dont see the computer 'cheating'.

That's a jab and a common jab at PES. FIFA has scripts, or else all the players would stand still, doing nothing.

Stop the clichés. :)

No, It wasn't a jab at all, really. All games have scripts, and I was meaning and stating that supercancel is cancellation of scripts regardless of what game we are talking about. Yes, It was ironic, but not against PES.

I am quite sure you have read some of my posts here and you know that I am a PES fan no matter what and I want it to be the best possible game this year. But I do have the right to like other games as well, unlike others here who just close their minds to other possibilities (not talking 'bout you at all).

Maybe you are a bit jealous after all those praises to the "other game" demo... ;)

Oh, and I agree with Seraphs21 as well, supercancel is a great thing to have... Only thing is that it should be improved to work without pressing buttons like It has already been said.

Last edited:

As you can see by my new avatar, I'm not jealous at all. ;)

And the fact of the matter is FIFA needs a SC exactly like the one in PES.

PES will always be a step ahead in gameplay for me, because of super cancel alone, be it a small function, but it is perfected in the game, there are a lot of other aspects I love, but thats one of the easiest things to point out :D Also one of the easiest to defend and explain haha! Easy job for me then :)

You got to realise, the broad minded people here, infact you got to see past the ones that act the good, the ones that supposedly convert from PES to FIFA, and then slag PES of those type of people, they are also ones that do it craftly, they close their minds, most have made their minds up without even playing PES, infact the same Fifa lot, have a go at some of the PES lot because they dont like FIFA, they have tried it, but dont geniunely dont like it, but all they get is, you got to be crazy, not to see how amazing it is or something, I mean you can defend certain things.

But it seems, if you have played the Fifa 08 demos, the only bad things you can say are what have been mentioned by the fifa fans, otherwise only good posts, or you get moaned at etc, its like your not aloud to, dislike, or hate the game :S

infact the same Fifa lot, have a go at some of the PES lot because they dont like FIFA, they have tried it, but dont geniunely dont like it, but all they get is, you got to be crazy, not to see how amazing it is or something, I mean you can defend certain things.
So if you like FIFA you're a fanboy, if you like PES you're not (despite the fact that, as you have said about FIFA, you can't defend everything)... :)

Sorry mate but it works both ways. Everyone in the FIFA 08 thread who loves the game has come up with some flaws as far as I know, in-fact most posts are about what needs to be improved - supercancel needs to be like PES, goalkeeper AI needs improving, etc. In here you mention CPU cheating and it's "what are you talking about, the game is perfect". Constructive criticism, since the start of Evo-Web Forums, has earned you a barrage of "go and play FIFA". But that's to be expected.

I was chatting to another member of the forums a few nights ago and he said to me that you find the FIFA fans in the PES forums and the PES fans in the FIFA forums as the most "realistic" people, and I'd have to agree with that. If a site is totally based on one game then your vast majority of visitors are going to be people who love that game, otherwise why would they bother visiting? But the people who visit AND are vocal about their problems with the game are, to me, the people with the most sense; they can accept the game's good points but also acknowledge the areas that need improvement, rather than walk around saying "the game is great, shut up" like an abusive robot (or "the game is great, I don't see that problem you're seeing" like an annoying robot).

Up until a few years ago, I did that. With every new version I'd play against a mate and they'd say "how come the ball goes out every time you tackle by the sideline" or "how come deflections always favour the computer" or "is it just me, or is the game deciding before each match whether you're going to win or lose?" and every time I'd say "you're imagining it, shut up". But with it being a good game (and I'm not questioning that), I played it almost every day, and with the same things happening all the time, it just got to a point where you couldn't keep sticking up for it. There were problems, there are problems, and some of them haven't been addressed for years upon years.

Years ago I played the CPU in the ML, and in the 89th minute they scored by putting the ball through my goalkeeper's chest. I posted the vid on various Pro Evo forums, hoping to encourage a few more "perhaps the game does need a rewrite rather than constant tweaking" posts, but in the end I had people suggesting I was some kind of graphics wizard who was being paid by EA. A year later I played FIFA and the same thing happened in one of my first few games of it; I posted that too, and do you know what the first comment was? "You wouldn't see that in Pro Evo."

I love this community and even though I'm leaning towards FIFA this year I still post whatever PES news I get hold of through the people I know. I answer every quick PES-related question that I see and I have time to answer. But you still get bashed; there's a particular member of this forum who has been singling me out for abuse for a couple of months. It feels like a large portion of the forum are here purely to get their frustrations out of their system, calling people fanboys, faggots, whatever. And that's why the people who have loved this community for years are starting to leave. I will stay here for as long as I can stand, and I will help people out as often as I can, but there's only so much you can take before you think "why am I spending an hour a day at a place where everyone talks to you like shit because you want to see big changes in a game you've bought for the last eight years?"

Anyway, my point is, nobody is forcing anyone to like anything, apart from the odd dickhead who will say "your game is shit, you are stupid". And the dickheads don't matter, so until the place is nothing but dickheads, it's all good (as I believe the young people say these days). If you're a PES fan, life is sweet for you. Look at the post below this one, people can't help themselves. They might as well have an automatic FIFA insult generator in their sig, "if you play FIFA you are a *random insult*". I know it works both ways but if I had a quid every time someone took a swipe at FIFA, and the people who play it (as if they're some kind of lower life form), I would be writing this from a beach on the other side of the planet. I've hated FIFA every year between 2000 and 2006, but I've never said "all FIFA fans need to be shot". I've read posts that say that, and worse, and it's not human, to me. But that's another post entirely...

Last edited:

Soon you will have Demo Released check this

fond_dl_pes2008.jpg

they say :soon download the pes 2008 demo

demo! demo! demo! demo! demo! demo!

\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/

i've seen some fifa avatars here and there, some people here are really easy to buy!:rolleyes:

PES will always be a step ahead in gameplay for me, because of super cancel alone, be it a small function, but it is perfected in the game, there are a lot of other aspects I love, but thats one of the easiest things to point out :D Also one of the easiest to defend and explain haha! Easy job for me then :)

You got to realise, the broad minded people here, infact you got to see past the ones that act the good, the ones that supposedly convert from PES to FIFA, and then slag PES of those type of people, they are also ones that do it craftly, they close their minds, most have made their minds up without even playing PES, infact the same Fifa lot, have a go at some of the PES lot because they dont like FIFA, they have tried it, but dont geniunely dont like it, but all they get is, you got to be crazy, not to see how amazing it is or something, I mean you can defend certain things.

But it seems, if you have played the Fifa 08 demos, the only bad things you can say are what have been mentioned by the fifa fans, otherwise only good posts, or you get moaned at etc, its like your not aloud to, dislike, or hate the game :S
dude i love pro evo and winnning eleven, and i have never used super cancel, ever.... and if you hate fifa its not that you can, its how can you? its like people who find football or soccer boring, how can you say its boring? Not that im saying you cant... Im just saying its that same attitude. Different strokes for different folks. Im playing the demo now for fifa and I dont understand how some people can say it sucks and its the same old fifa, I HATED UEFA CL, I HATED 07, but i like fifa 08 demo and im sure i will like fifa 08. But know fucking way am I playing MLB(major league baseball) 2k8, I cant stand baseball, but some people do like it.... get my point... whatever floats your boat man... and im sure alot baseball fans cant understand how i hate baseball... everyone is different and when someone is different or thinks different humans first reaction is to try and understand why, well sometimes there is no answer... so i think people get defensive by nature of that which they dont understand, its only human my man

So if you like FIFA you're a fanboy, if you like PES you're not (despite the fact that, as you have said about FIFA, you can't defend everything)... :)

Sorry mate but it works both ways. Everyone in the FIFA 08 thread who loves the game has come up with some flaws as far as I know, in-fact most posts are about what needs to be improved - supercancel needs to be like PES, goalkeeper AI needs improving, etc. In here you mention CPU cheating and it's "what are you talking about, the game is perfect". Constructive criticism, since the start of Evo-Web Forums, has earned you a barrage of "go and play FIFA". But that's to be expected.

I was chatting to another member of the forums a few nights ago and he said to me that you find the FIFA fans in the PES forums and the PES fans in the FIFA forums as the most "realistic" people, and I'd have to agree with that. If a site is totally based on one game then your vast majority of visitors are going to be people who love that game, otherwise why would they bother visiting? But the people who visit AND are vocal about their problems with the game are, to me, the people with the most sense; they can accept the game's good points but also acknowledge the areas that need improvement, rather than walk around saying "the game is great, shut up" like an abusive robot (or "the game is great, I don't see that problem you're seeing" like an annoying robot).

Up until a few years ago, I did that. With every new version I'd play against a mate and they'd say "how come the ball goes out every time you tackle by the sideline" or "how come deflections always favour the computer" or "is it just me, or is the game deciding before each match whether you're going to win or lose?" and every time I'd say "you're imagining it, shut up". But with it being a good game (and I'm not questioning that), I played it almost every day, and with the same things happening all the time, it just got to a point where you couldn't keep sticking up for it. There were problems, there are problems, and some of them haven't been addressed for years upon years.

Years ago I played the CPU in the ML, and in the 89th minute they scored by putting the ball through my goalkeeper's chest. I posted the vid on various Pro Evo forums, hoping to encourage a few more "perhaps the game does need a rewrite rather than constant tweaking" posts, but in the end I had people suggesting I was some kind of graphics wizard who was being paid by EA. A year later I played FIFA and the same thing happened in one of my first few games of it; I posted that too, and do you know what the first comment was? "You wouldn't see that in Pro Evo."

I love this community and even though I'm leaning towards FIFA this year I still post whatever PES news I get hold of through the people I know. I answer every quick PES-related question that I see and I have time to answer. But you still get bashed; there's a particular member of this forum who has been singling me out for abuse for a couple of months. It feels like a large portion of the forum are here purely to get their frustrations out of their system, calling people fanboys, faggots, whatever. And that's why the people who have loved this community for years are starting to leave. I will stay here for as long as I can stand, and I will help people out as often as I can, but there's only so much you can take before you think "why am I spending an hour a day at a place where everyone talks to you like shit because you want to see big changes in a game you've bought for the last eight years?"

Anyway, my point is, nobody is forcing anyone to like anything, apart from the odd dickhead who will say "your game is shit, you are stupid". And the dickheads don't matter, so until the place is nothing but dickheads, it's all good (as I believe the young people say these days). Wicky wah.
dude i was totally doing the "your imagining it" the other night whilst playing WEJLCC... but the guy kept saying he wasnt kicking the ball when his player did it. I took his controller and it never did what it was doing to him.. wierd... man i need to stop drinking wine, later boys off to play some NHL2k8(great game)

demo! demo! demo! demo! demo! demo!

\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/

i've seen some fifa avatars here and there, some people here are really easy to buy!:rolleyes:

Some people here really enjoy some significant changes in a game!

evo-web is beginning to suck all kinds of dick.
the word "fanboy" appears every second post.
especially if you say you don't enjoy the FIFA demo.
I'll return in a few weeks to see if the site returns to normal.

Anyway, my point is, nobody is forcing anyone to like anything, apart from the odd dickhead who will say "your game is shit, you are stupid". And the dickheads don't matter, so until the place is nothing but dickheads, it's all good (as I believe the young people say these days). If you're a PES fan, life is sweet for you. Look at the post below this one, people can't help themselves. They might as well have an automatic FIFA insult generator in their sig, "if you play FIFA you are a *random insult*". I know it works both ways but if I had a quid every time someone took a swipe at FIFA, and the people who play it (as if they're some kind of lower life form), I would be writing this from a beach on the other side of the planet. I've hated FIFA every year between 2000 and 2006, but I've never said "all FIFA fans need to be shot". I've read posts that say that, and worse, and it's not human, to me. But that's another post entirely...

My sig says it all about this post. :8):

I seem to be a JB fanboy :lmao:

Anyhow I guess the average age of members also plays a role at the current situation.

Winning Eleven 11 is the best title for any game period!

:8):

IGN
TGS 2007: Konami Press Conference

3:53 PM: Mr. Takahashi leaves the stage. Next, Winning Eleven Productions executive producer Shinji Enomoto. Today, they'll explain Winning Eleven for the PS3, 360, Wii and mobile.

3:55 PM: He's talking about sales of the Winning Eleven series, and how they've risen. Wii and PS3 will join the winning eleven family this year. Now he's showing the new logo for the series. First, he'll talk about Wining Eleven 2008 for PS3 and 360. First, a video.

3:58 PM: He says they're trying to do expressions with soccer that could not be done on past systems. You can take a picture now (a picture with a USB camera) and map it to your player. COming out in Europe 10.25/2007, Japan 11/22/2007, and America in Spring, 2008

4:00 PM: Next, World Soccer Winning Eleven Wii (temporary name). A different team is making the game -- not Shingo. First screenshots shown. It looks like Winning Eleven. the game will be released worldwide spring 2008.

4:02 PM: Next, mobile. Winning Eleven Mobile 2. they talked about this earlier. (I THINK I SAW HIDEO KOJIMA!!!!!!!!!) This game will support horizontal screen 3D. Set for release on 11/22.

Its a bit of a slap in the face by Konami releasing the US version in Spring, Even regional differences shouldn't warrant the game to be released in Spring.

Sorry, that wasnt my point, some people are gloating the fact, that there are a lot of PES converts, but it in turn, some of them, not all, are genuinely just as bad as the ones who call people fanboys etc, I never said at all about if you like fifa your a fanboy, or pes your not, I was talking purely about the converts or whatever they are. Not the actual being fans of what not, some people are following the idea of them, when some of them, are thinking irrational, that is what I was getting at. If I did mean that, then I would myself be a fanboy, I like Fifa, its the best one yet, I agree, but I am definately not blown out of the water. Nonetheless its something different so I dont mind.

Its just some of the Fifa lot are making out asif some arent as bad as the PES, but when in turn they actually are, there are your cool lot for both parties, and middle parties (like both etc) and then your dickheads as you say for both parties. But you cant defend somethings, how can you defend against someone not liking the game, because its not their type of game, gomito, you can hate a game, its like saying to a woman how can you hate football, its not their type of thing for most etc, and same goes for PES and FIFA, but some things can be defended, things why they dont like it, or like it, like you said about the CPU cheating, I dont see that in PES, I see poor players, or good players, I have rarely let in a last minute goal, but that was my own fault, I can admit it was me that let it happen, gave Scholes (arghhh) too much room, and bang goal, but I can do it too, and have done it many times, hat to think what the CPU is like, must be going crazy :D

Also gomito you have never used supercancel? Airjoca, might agree, but you have only played half the game haha, if you was to play a player that uses it well, you probably would find it very difficult to win, as it makes the game soo much better, and used correctly can be very dangerous.

Now about the new PES, I wish in edit, you could select the texture of a piece, so normal like materia, then you have that like air hole texture thing, also different types of colour, from normal, matte bold colours, to shiny type, like tottenhams kits are quite shiny, man u's is quite shiny, but chelsea blue is bold etc. Yeah its not gameplay element, but would be cool :)

Last edited:

I think many poeple can't just accept the basic fact that pes is not the king anymore. They devoted too much time to that game, they can't take that is not a number 1 anymore.

But if any of you wants some real next gen sport game, get nba 2k8 or the very good ea nhl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom