WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/14/07)

I think many poeple can't just accept the basic fact that pes is not the king anymore. They devoted too much time to that game, they can't take that is not a number 1 anymore.

But if any of you wants some real next gen sport game, get nba 2k8 or the very good ea nhl.

Who says its not the king? I still think the PC version of PES6 is better than the demo of FIFA 08. Why shouldnt PES 2008 be even better?

Pes6 is the most aracadish game released by konami in 5 years. If u like running on the wing and scoring the same cutback gols, well then it is indeed the game for you.

Konami just announced their TGS lineup which includes Winning Eleven.

Konami's TGS 2007 game titles

Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) (PLAYABLE)
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops + (PSP)
Metal Gear Solid Online 2.0
Metal Gear Solid 2 Bande Desinee
Pilates (Nintendo DS)
Yoga (Nintendo DS)
Skin Basic (Nintendo DS)
Wii Fitness (Wii)
Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party (Wii)
Big Head Baseball and Big Head MLB (Wii)
Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 and Winning Eleven 11
Time Hollow (Nintendo DS)
Silent Hill Origins: Zero (PSP)

The key thing here is that Winning Eleven 11 is also shown there. So hopefully we will see if there are any major differences between PES 2008 and WE11.

Source: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=20913

:)

A lot of PES' people are narrow minded now as much as other FIFA's people was a few years ago.

Last edited:

@Bilal Ayub

winning eleven 11 is the name for the new we on x360/ps3 and wepes2008 is the name for the new we on ps2!!!

Konami just announced their TGS lineup which includes Winning Eleven.

Konami's TGS 2007 game titles

Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) (PLAYABLE)
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops + (PSP)
Metal Gear Solid Online 2.0
Metal Gear Solid 2 Bande Desinee
Pilates (Nintendo DS)
Yoga (Nintendo DS)
Skin Basic (Nintendo DS)
Wii Fitness (Wii)
Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party (Wii)
Big Head Baseball and Big Head MLB (Wii)
Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 and Winning Eleven 11
Time Hollow (Nintendo DS)
Silent Hill Origins: Zero (PSP)

The key thing here is that Winning Eleven 11 is also shown there. So hopefully we will see if there are any major differences between PES 2008 and WE11.

Source: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=20913

:)

As per WENB.com, Winning Eleven 11 is the name for 360 and PS3, Winning Eleven 2008 is for the PS2 version. :)

So WE11 may not actually be any different from the European PES2008 360/PS3/PC game?

Who says its not the king? I still think the PC version of PES6 is better than the demo of FIFA 08. Why shouldnt PES 2008 be even better?

CPU cheating is SO obvious in PES that I won't comment on that one anymore, Jack has already and very well said that there will always be people that gets upset when you state that pure fact alone about PES... But It is not arguable.

About that new word that is being used now, "converts", well I am not very comfortable with it because It is being used as something bad in THIS thread. I DO have the right and freedom to play and like FIFA and PES, and that, IMO, shows I have no prejudices at any of both of the games. Just like you. You are not a convert, aren't you? Well most of people who have said that FIFA is better this year as a whole experience aren't converts either. One only converts from one religion to another. One PREFERS some things to others. My impression is that what you are using that word for is to avoid "fanboy", and if that is the case, then use it for the individuals who actually act like that and not in general terms..

In the end, Seraphs21, what is going on here is that people that have liked FIFA in the past (not me, i bought 07 and put it aside immediately), have been seriously laughed at by much more than a minority of us PES fans, followers or whatever you may call them (not fanboys but unrespectful guys). It is expectable, at the very least, that the most temperamental of those individuals come with a revenge desire and overreact to how good the 08 game is, neglecting some flaws and understating others. Some people have really deserved that counter attack and I can understand, though not share at all, that some fifa fans have been patiently waiting and standing for their chance of slapping on the face of that irrespectful part of the PES community. That lack of respect and making fun of FIFA fans is something I am TIRED of seeing here regarding PES and I don't share it at all.

Havling a look at the other side of the fence, I have not seen yet anyone bashed with trivial and childish arguments like "go buy PES if you don't like FIFA" on the FIFA thread because of exposing flaws and problems of the demo. And that is just an example.

So ironically, irrational thinking as you say is a distinctive attribute of the PES community, and It is the only thing that sometimes make me ashamed of being part of it. It is funny at the very least that now the PES community in general is asking people to avoid jabbing or overreacting, I find it very difficult to understand after years of disrespect to FIFA fans.

Just the 0.02 from an elder PES fan and at the same time a newcomer at the FIFA fan base, whomever I may upset.

Didn't do it as elegantly as you Jack, but I did my best... ;)

A lot of PES' people are narrow minded now as much as other FIFA's people was a few years ago.

I agree completely and am ashamed that PES' community has become exactly in the very same that has hated so much in the past.

I don't know if it was posted or not...

http://www.konami.jp/we/we2008/
This is the offical website of Worls Soccer Winning Eleven 2008 (The JAP ver of PES2008). And there are 11 stars on the logo, that means this version is Winning Eleven 11.
It will be released on 22/11/2007 (Thu).

Also, there are some screenshots that we have never seen.

Last edited:

At lot of Fifa avatars appearing. Is there some site feature that enables people to make them or something?

Demo news is the best thing i've heard in ages. Hopefully a substantial time will be given before the full game to release the demo. Lets say.. next week? :P

CPU cheating is SO obvious in PES that I won't comment on that one anymore, Jack has already and very well said that there will always be people that gets upset when you state that pure fact alone about PES... But It is not arguable.

I never play vs the CPU. Playing football vs CPU is something I stopped doing 10 years ago. I haven't noticed any cheating in the few matches I have played against CPU. I usually win anyway... I have asked people several times to post videos of the CPU cheating. Never seen one yet.

I don't know if it was posted or not...

This is the offical website of Worls Soccer Winning Eleven 2008 (The JAP ver of PES2008). And there are 11 stars on the logo, that means this version is Winning Eleven 11.
It will be released on 22/11/2007 (Thu).

Also, there are some screenshots that we have never seen.

check out the footwork of long sleeve ronaldo

It is more than obvious that pro2008 and we11 will be the same game except game region. The one is out 26 October and the other 22 November. Not much time between them to make a difference...

cronaldoco0.jpg

celebrationax7.jpg

cupyd7.jpg

dragaozi3.jpg

drogbakf6.jpg

dualaj3.jpg

fanshh6.jpg

interkc0.jpg

interviewbi4.jpg

kakamb3.jpg

kollertp7.jpg

ronaldinhokv6.jpg

Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

I wonder why Winning Eleven is being released a month later than PES, i dont think they both would be the same!

ooo white boots :D

They look like puma. Dont worry, i'm not a weirdo who gets off on seeing new boots being in the game or what not

That Miranda doesn't half like to frown. Steven Gerrard eat your heart out

Show me a real life pic of Ronnie with his shirt tucked in.

Yet more evidence of no untucked shirts.

The third and especially the fourth screenshots look really good.

I like that first Konami Cup shot (shame that the second one has a big K for Konami everywhere, they're learning from EA I suppose). And the facial expressions really are very good.

Since the press release stated over 250 teams, should we be expecting more teams maybe even more leagues?

About that new word that is being used now, "converts", well I am not very comfortable with it because It is being used as something bad in THIS thread. I DO have the right and freedom to play and like FIFA and PES, and that, IMO, shows I have no prejudices at any of both of the games. Just like you. You are not a convert, aren't you? Well most of people who have said that FIFA is better this year as a whole experience aren't converts either. One only converts from one religion to another. One PREFERS some things to others. My impression is that what you are using that word for is to avoid "fanboy", and if that is the case, then use it for the individuals who actually act like that and not in general terms..

In the end, Seraphs21, what is going on here is that people that have liked FIFA in the past (not me, i bought 07 and put it aside immediately), have been seriously laughed at by much more than a minority of us PES fans, followers or whatever you may call them (not fanboys but unrespectful guys). It is expectable, at the very least, that the most temperamental of those individuals come with a revenge desire and overreact to how good the 08 game is, neglecting some flaws and understating others. Some people have really deserved that counter attack and I can understand, though not share at all, that some fifa fans have been patiently waiting and standing for their chance of slapping on the face of that irrespectful part of the PES community. That lack of respect and making fun of FIFA fans is something I am TIRED of seeing here regarding PES and I don't share it at all.

Havling a look at the other side of the fence, I have not seen yet anyone bashed with trivial and childish arguments like "go buy PES if you don't like FIFA" on the FIFA thread because of exposing flaws and problems of the demo. And that is just an example.

So ironically, irrational thinking as you say is a distinctive attribute of the PES community, and It is the only thing that sometimes make me ashamed of being part of it. It is funny at the very least that now the PES community in general is asking people to avoid jabbing or overreacting, I find it very difficult to understand after years of disrespect to FIFA fans.

Just the 0.02 from an elder PES fan and at the same time a newcomer at the FIFA fan base, whomever I may upset.

Didn't do it as elegantly as you Jack, but I did my best... ;)

Nice post, doesnt need to be elegant to make sense, I use the word convert, as that is what they call themselves :D They said something like, I have been a PES fan but now converted to FIFA etc, not to mean bad nor good, just the action, some words are taken out of reference, I just mean the whole phase, not people being grouped as a certain breed as you wish. :)

See I would say CPU cheating in PES is not there, I dont notice it, but its to owns experience, I dunno how they cheat so I cant comment, obviously you have reasons for it...

Fifa 08 has improved a lot, but for me its only in the more leagues and game modes, the rest seems similar to me, but thats me, but that improvement, is resulting me in getting the game, based on the pure fact, I want a new football game :D Who cares what the name is.

Right now back the the WE/PES discussions those screens look excellent, the animation in the drogba screen is beauitful, cant wait to see it in HD and in motion on my screen :D In the top screen with Ronaldo, th body positions are beautiful, the jockeying player looks so realistic, Ronaldos face aswell :D The cup presentation looks much better, and the crowds in that picture look quite nice, the grass is straight aswell :D Wooooo. Also the animations challenging for the ball in the australia vs croatia picture look amazing, the faces are suitable for it aswell. The crowd faces look good, and should add something, not much, but is a nice touch, similar to fifas behind the fans heads thing before games, wouldbe amazing, showing varying emotions with the fans though, if they lost, all angry and stuff, leaving early, winning, estatic etc.

The goalkeeper in the next screen is questionable, I dunno if he has fluffed it or what, but the facial animations in this screen are beautiful, materazzi looks excellent, and header animations look luvly. The interview screen, you reckon that will be animated or just a picture, hope its animated, cause looks quite interesting, the others look nice aswell. Looking at these screens have got me quite excited again :D Looks very nice, the player proportions look lifelike and realistic, and you can see the difference, and hopefully you can play and feel the difference.

The inter kit, on Fifa 08 demo, is the keeper kit, black and blue? Cause in this PES screen its like black, and bluey grey, which is probably the real kit, im not sure.

Last edited:

Since the press release stated over 250 teams, should we be expecting more teams maybe even more leagues?

You'd think so wouldn't you. Lets wait and see. We won't know until people review the game. Knowing Konami they'll find some way to screw this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom