WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/14/07)

Sent the copies of FIFA to my house. I will appreciate it

I don't think it's possible for me to send mail to backwards world where what's good is shunned and what is bad is appreciated.

You can give me your address but I find it so difficult writing backwards

oh i'm feeling so gosh darn shobon

edit: id say this just about warrants a "rack em"

this isn't my A game though.

it's still great though

Last edited:

Yeah, considering the joy that you have brought the community not only at eveo web but across all other forums with your patches/translations, i say lets start a "Buy Fernando PES2008 " campaign with donations gratefuly received in his paypal account.

Well guys whaddyasay? \\:o/

I am in for the proposal.

Also, I will have a US PS3 and I will buy PES2008. I have HDTV so no problem with PAL/NTSC I hope.

Optimist ;)

It's loyal fans like you that make Konami very happy... I just wish I felt the same... I'd be happy with the on pitch changes and there is a call for 'not broken don't fix'. But I can't accept the total lack of development off field, non of this is due to licences!

My respect mate.

Games marketers are plush with categories, alot of developers don't care.

Absolutely, I did mean software houses/publishers, I say developers in a "large" sense, my mistake. Sorry.

@ GERD

Yes, I feel myself an "hard user". That's neither good nor bad, it's just definition I feel for me.

Anyway this joke about categories seems it isn't welcome :lol:
So put aside and forget. :)

About your mum, I think she'd be optimist :)

Last edited:

Rain weather is in pes2008 ?

because i don't see weather option in pes2008 demo in leipzig.

Yes

Hope there is a snow option!

how about MUD if it rains,specialy preforming sliding tackels ( but prolly not afocurse)

About the DEMO....wel it could be true if the TGS07 is over..that the JP PSN can provide us a Winning eleven DEMO :)

I hope the snow option has been cut down to be honest, I'm getting about 6-8 games with snow in the tiny ML season.. In a full 20 - 24 team Season it would be about 4-6. Unless of course you were further North or a northern European team etc... But I would like the rain to effect the ball physics more and pitch degradation real time would be fantastic, again though given Konami and their tweaks, I'd say NEWPES2011 for this kind of innovation..

Rain weather is in pes2008 ?

because i don't see weather option in pes2008 demo in leipzig.

However, the most noticeable improvement PES 2008 will offer over its predecessors (apart from Teamvision of course) is the graphics. Konami promises it will be a true next-gen experience, so there will be proper facial animations, shirt pulling and kits that flow and crease as the players run around. Watermarks from sweat and rain appear as the game continues too, bringing the player that bit closer to the action than ever before. All next-gen versions will feature a fully functional edit mode too -- something that was sorely lacking from last year's 360 version of PES 6 -- so players can create there own team and or edit existing ones. As yet there's no word on which licensed teams will feature or indeed what online modes we can expect.

http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?t=171950

@Seraphs21: Have you really played "the other football game"? Supercancel IS implemented. LT+RT...

I didnt know that LT+RT was able to super cancel, but its hardly super, more of a general cancel, if it cancels only shots and passes, then thats stupid, its like a shot feint or something, on PES you can literally free roam your player, take them off the supposedly rails, NO MATTER what, well for me it does! :D

You can only use it to cancel shots and passes, not to take players out of rails.

Mmmm... Don't agree with that, maybe I am plain wrong though.

What I am sure of is about cancellation of shots. It is done same as PES, X+A (Square+X) and same for passes, B+A.

Plus, RT alone will have the same effect as in PES, It allows the player to run for the ball, which is what most of us are used to and demand (I am not a true supercancel user except for corner kicks anyway.).

All the above assuming "New" control scheme, I know you already know that Airjoca, but for others' to try it just in case.

Ive played Fifa 08 demo, you know haha! RT does not have the same effect, there are rails in fifa, when you pass, the players sometimes run away, like on a run, you cannot cancel their run, and also if the ball is airborne the player walks, to the yellow cross, cannot change player or move them away, hence why super cancel is so useful!

What I am sure of is about cancellation of shots. It is done same as PES, X+A (Square+X) and same for passes, B+A.

That's the shot feint, not the shot cancel. If you're filling up the shot bar and press R1+R2 in PES or LT+RT (new) on FIFA08 it cancels it.

That's the shot feint, not the shot cancel. If you're filling up the shot bar and press R1+R2 in PES or LT+RT (new) on FIFA08 it cancels it.

True, my fault... shot cancel is not the same as a feint, sorry.

Ive played Fifa 08 demo, you know haha! RT does not have the same effect, there are rails in fifa, when you pass, the players sometimes run away, like on a run, you cannot cancel their run, and also if the ball is airborne the player walks, to the yellow cross, cannot change player or move them away, hence why super cancel is so useful!

I see your point Seraphs. Maybe It is something that happens when you play on semi or assisted, have you tried on manual and experienced the same?

On PES 360 supercancel is almost unusable though, at least for me. It is so unresponsive...

Sorry to come like this, but is there any diffrence between the European version and the American one? and is there a Japanese one? if so, what's the diffrence?
And when will the game be out in Jap/US? only winter 2007 on many sites!

Thnks ThomasGOAL!! still working hard! keep it on :D

Soon you will have Demo Released check this

fond_dl_pes2008.jpg

they say :soon download the pes 2008 demo

If they've got any sense they'll release it before Fifa is released

A football game shouldn't need a super-cancel button in the first place. If I pass a through ball, and I then point the stick towards the ball, the game should understand that I want to meet the ball and not wait for it. Super-cancel is just a bad excuse for not making the game more intelligent.

A football game shouldn't need a super-cancel button in the first place. If I pass a through ball, and I then point the stick towards the ball, the game should understand that I want to meet the ball and not wait for it. Super-cancel is just a bad excuse for not making the game more intelligent.

Correction: supercancel is SCRIPTcancel.

This is true. Both games should allow you to control the receiving player as soon as the ball is passed, and you should be able to do whatever you want. But that doesn't happen in either game. PES's supercancel isn't perfect, FIFA needs one.

Of course if you perform a 50m pass, the camera can't show the receiving player right away, so it needs some sort of auto-guidance for a while. That's a tough thing to get to work perfectly I guess.

Get to work Konami and EA, we're giving you millions every year!!! :)

This is true. Both games should allow you to control the receiving player as soon as the ball is passed, and you should be able to do whatever you want. But that doesn't happen in either game. PES's supercancel isn't perfect, FIFA needs one.

Of course if you perform a 50m pass, the camera can't show the receiving player right away, so it needs some sort of auto-guidance for a while. That's a tough thing to get to work perfectly I guess.

Get to work Konami and EA, we're giving you millions every year!!! :)
Probably the most I've ever agreed with any of your posts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom