WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/14/07)

Sound is awful, crowd "noise" just as bad as ever, could be the quality of the video, but it's just noise.. hardly any change when attacking. And to be honest just looked the same to me, PES6 a bit cleaner... nets looked good though, eh.. jflores

Still looking forward to final build but I'm still just expecting tweaks and cut scene city..

Well it looks good to me, I hope it plays like the PS2 version of PES6, that was quality, much much much better than the 360 version, well with it being improved offcourse, also the graphics look much nicer to me, the faces are amazing, and the pitch looks a much nicer green, and grass looks nice, this is definately next gen graphics, not amazing, amazing yet, well the faces are, the textures of the kits arent, the pitch and stadiums look luvly, its just the crowd that spoil it, and maybe a little touch up on the lighting and we would have a brilliant life like looking game imo.

Cant wait to play the game now :D The crowds should be better in final build I hope, same as the Fifa demo, with is crowd, which will be better in final game, there is time :D It does look similar to PES6 but isnt that expected seriously? Its like saying PES2 looked so much different to PES1 and PES6 looks totally different to PES5. In theory next year it should change the for the better in graphics, by quite a bit, like the transition from PES2 to PES3 :) Well we hope, but I dont really care tbh. I want to play a good game!

Last edited:

yes, this last vid shows good skill,the gameplay is solid.
indeed the gameplay looks simular to ps2 version of pes6,wich is good for me.
i think playing the game a long time unveals the depth of the game,teamvision is something you find out by playing the game yourself.
i hope they do something about the cheating for online play,in normal competition sometimes your faced with masterleagueteams with the best of the legends teams,try beating those.
and the deliberate lagging is sometimes so bad you cant even touch the ball and your players run over the sidelines,so frustrating.

Yeah they should really follow the roots of the PS2 online system, it has a great online feature, with online competition, groups, guests for 2 vs 2 aswell as the feature to play as 2 from different consoles vs another 2, that would be sweet if they put that on for the next gen, but they dont, WHY! The master league teams were annoying, because you could only buy good players as the stats used was that of the original data, they should let you use your best eleven to have the updated stats, would be fairer!

Well atleast for the PS2 version they should add online leagues, as they have cups already, and then hopefully the next gen games, follow suite and add it to the game, but I really doubt they will for PES2008 sadly :(

Really hope they add fanatasia mode to the next gen and even PS2 version :D Cause no one is sure thats in the PS2 one yet are they?

The same 2 goly deflections we have been having for years, gameplay is identical to pes6, and tell me how many times in real life a player passes the ball to the opposition midfiled just outside the box???????? In pes it happens a lot, it is part of the cheating AI system.

Usual scripting with green grass and nice faces.

I gave the ball away many times playing the fifa demo last night, does that make it unrealistic? Don't think so.

I'm talking about animations and running style ,pitches looks and stuff like that .Sorry if I seemed to "attack" you :mrgreen::mrgreen: ,the animations aren't life like enough for me ,the gameplay could still be great .Me too I meant no insult ;)

I'm telling ya those're just a bunch of low res videos which show nothing compared to game's real animations IMO, we better just wait at least until we play the demo (final version could be even better though). to prejudge anything before you have experienced it is not good in anyway, mate. (I felt no insult from your post anyway :))
peace.

Anyone watching match of the day or the game on saturday, chelsea vs blackburn that is, the goal that was a goal but was dissallowed, surely it shouldnt count, it was a cutback, thats like cheating, the defence couldnt stop it, what a cheap goal, it shouldnt exist, and not be in games aswell.

:D Quit moaning, sorry but I mean just in general haha! To all those who keep saying it.

If your passes are going to other players, pass it correctly, people bore e about scripts, it happens in fifa, pes anything, but I find it more annoying in fifa, as you cant supercancel to move a player to get the ball, or they run away from the ball.

Last edited:

What I feel is we have 3 groups of people here:

1. Soft users/fans
People loving licenses, boots, shirts, stadiums, etc. They love this stuff over any other aspect of the game, and they are well satisfied when the game
is colorated enough and you can edit shoelace. If CPU can aid with scripting, so a lot better.
This kind of people are mostly brand oriented. They love a brand and hate the other.

2. Hard users
People who loves control the game on field. If there is licenses better, if it's not, dont mind.
This people enjoy the game a lot also if they shoot with "Galfano" or "Batustita" as they can, if they will, edit names.
This people want to say WOW when they realize they actually have the control of the player and that shot has gone out because of my fault in aiming. Also, if I'm on my box and I shoot toward my goal, the ball must go toward my goal.
This people want to say obscenities to the game because they hasn't been able to score cause they have to understand well how full control works and need to try and try again...
This kind of people are mostly brand-free. They love football games disregarding who produce it.
A good company curriculum is welcome but they look at ideas.

3. Optimists
Optimist is a particular type of audience.
They need to have hopes at any cost. For this people the best footy game has to be a good game.
This people is able to enjoy the game the market give them.
I envy they for this.
Optimist are enthusiast people. They believe games companys make their best to offer the best game they can.

Respect to all people, of course.

Sorry for my shitty ENG.

Last edited:

What I feel is we have 3 groups of people here:

1. Soft users/fans
People loving licenses, boots, shirts, stadiums, etc. They love this stuff over any other aspect of the game, and they are well satisfied when the game
is colorated enough and you can edit shoelace. If CPU can aid with scripting, so a lot better.
This kind of people are mostly brand oriented. They love a brand and hate the other.

2. Hard users
People who loves control the game on field. If there is licenses better, if it's not, dont mind.
This people enjoy the game a lot also if they shoot with "Galfano" or "Batustita" as they can, if they will, edit names.
This people want to say WOW when they realize they actually have the control of the player and that shot has gone out because of my fault in aiming. Also, if I'm on my box and I shoot toward my goal the ball must go toward my goal.
This people want to say obscenities to the game because they hasn't been able to score cause they have to understand well how full control works and need to try and try again...
This kind of people are mostly brand-free. They love football games disregarding who produce it.
A good company curriculum is welcome but they look at ideas.

3. Optimists
Optimist is a particular type of audience.
They need to have hopes at any cost. For this people the best footy game has to be a good game.
This people is able to enjoy the game the market give them.
I envy they for this.
Optimist are enthusiast people. They believe games companys make their best to offer the best game they can.

Respect to all people, of course.

Sorry for my shitty ENG.

You forget one catogory:

People who love PES/WE.

No no...

These are on first. Branded fans.

You can look at first cat. like politicians, and second cat. like technicals.

Politicians are linked with a party.

Last edited:

Well I dont believe in groups, as its tough to brand people, so many people here, have similar thoughts, but then are set individual by the key things they like.

For example, some may be a hard fan as you state, but really like the fact there is licenses etc, or really wants a high edit function, some just want a game for fun, so what happens to the casual gamer group.

I am a huge mixture, I want the most realistic gameplay, one that will respond as soon as I press a button, that I feel is complete control, a game that will allow me to spoon the ball miles over, from 2 yards or 40 realistically, because you didnt take your time, a game where headers are 50-50 for a change in attack and defence, a game allows you to cancel the games actions, so you can move your player freely, then on top of that, some good player faces so I kno who they are, then on top, some nice flowing animations, good keepers, realistic anyway, a edit mode, so I can literally do whatever I want with the game, and alright graphics, licenses wont matter, if edit mode is good, but more licenses the better. To top it all off a game that is enjoyable and a great experience playing with mates!

So what would that be classed as! I like to call that the Personal Preference group :)

You forgot the bitchers. those who complain for the sake of complaining.
Apart from that, some people ( like myself ) belong in more than one catagory.

But I don't like to put people into catagories...

You forgot the bitchers. those who complain for the sake of complaining.
Apart from that, some people ( like myself ) belong in more than one catagory.

But I don't like to put people into catagories...

Probably you dont like but categories (not mine) exists.
Games developers plash with categories.

Well I dont believe in groups, as its tough to brand people, so many people here, have similar thoughts, but then are set individual by the key things they like.

For example, some may be a hard fan as you state, but really like the fact there is licenses etc, or really wants a high edit function, some just want a game for fun, so what happens to the casual gamer group.

I am a huge mixture, I want the most realistic gameplay, one that will respond as soon as I press a button, that I feel is complete control, a game that will allow me to spoon the ball miles over, from 2 yards or 40 realistically, because you didnt take your time, a game where headers are 50-50 for a change in attack and defence, a game allows you to cancel the games actions, so you can move your player freely, then on top of that, some good player faces so I kno who they are, then on top, some nice flowing animations, good keepers, realistic anyway, a edit mode, so I can literally do whatever I want with the game, and alright graphics, licenses wont matter, if edit mode is good, but more licenses the better. To top it all off a game that is enjoyable and a great experience playing with mates!

So what would that be classed as! I like to call that the Personal Preference group :)

Suppose you can't have all.

I'm telling ya those're just a bunch of low res videos which show nothing compared to game's real animations IMO, we better just wait at least until we play the demo (final version could be even better though). to prejudge anything before you have experienced it is not good in anyway, mate. (I felt no insult from your post anyway :))
peace.

I get your point perfectly mate but I don't agree with it .We can still see the same unrealistic animations for trapping the ball ,the same old unrealistic Zidane roulette .If you have watched a game like NBA 2K7 ,it's a very good example of the most realistic sports movements you'll see (IMHO).Dribbling ,bodies movements and stuff like that seem spot on .In PES ,I'm not saying they're 100% unrealistic ,however they are some animations which could do improvements.It's funny because if you pay attention ,how can you do the Zidane roulette with both foot on the ball at the same time unless you're a circus guy :mrgreen::mrgreen: .I'm sure the gameplay will be better than PES6 which on the XBOX 360 was bad TBH.
Nets physics are really impressive and add some special feeling after scoring a good goal (for some people ,not for me because i don't care) .Keepers look very much improved ,the rest as you said will have to be seen.
As you also said I'm maybe wrong ,I'd honestly love to be wrong about PES2008 because as you guys I've been playing this game for like the past 5-6 years.
Peace

Last edited:

guys .. PES 2008 Demo will release , now on 29-09-07 ??? :shock: Is it true ???

dejavu 1976 i bet that you are convinced that you are a hard user????

Well convince me that you are one....

A hard optimistic fan who don't cares about licenses, is a soft user of meat a hard user of chocolate and and optimistic about Spurs (what category i'm in dejavu 1976????).

And my mum (73 year old never played a video game). Is she a hard user, a soft user or an optimistist.

Gerd is your 73 year old mum a forum member?

I guess that question is as rhetorical as mine...

If not: i'm not 100% sure but i don't think she's a regular...you know she at least has a life Nick...

I'm off listening to the Weeping Song...

Sound is awful, crowd "noise" just as bad as ever, could be the quality of the video, but it's just noise.. hardly any change when attacking. And to be honest just looked the same to me, PES6 a bit cleaner... nets looked good though, eh.. jflores

Indeed, the nets look Ace!:thumbup:

However, I am very disappointed with the animations, or lack there of. Kaka looks like he's dancing to the beat of samba when he runs with the ball. The pathetic automatic side-step is still there. Players look very stiff and robotic. Only tall lumbering defenders should look and move like this in the game.

Some positive things, but all in all, it looks like the same old PES game. Mind you, I haven't played this game yet and therefore cannot draw a conclusion that it is in fact the same old PES game. The jury is still out on this game.

I for one, can't wait to try the demo and the finished copy. After all, Winning Eleven is Winning Eleven. I'm sure the game will surprise us when we play it. I certainly hope so.

;-)

Well the Tokyo Games Show starts soon and Microsoft will start their Bringing it Home campaign. So who knows. Maybe the demo will appear soon on both Xbox LIVE and the Playstation Network.

totally off topic, but anyone willing to handle a Pes2008 for ps3 for my bday? :)

Hello my fellow forum members, ive been away because this place was getting rediculous but it seems that it's calming down a little and so I return.

Personaly im still very much looking forward to PES this year as it will be my first next-gen pes experience. I think konami and seabass' team are clearly trying to focus in the short term to create a game with the quality of PES6 ps2. Now while alot of memers were clearly expecting the quantum leap I certainly wasn't.

What I am happy about are the implementations of a few key areas which help define a next-gen experience.

Firstly the Teamvision whilst a corny title is a great addition the the core gameplay which will make us adapt as players and ultimatley make us think about the way in which we both attack and defend. Pehaps soon cheap goals will be a thing of the past.

Secondly is the implementation of the inverse kinnetics system. allowing the ball to become a seperate entity. The benefits of this are quite self-explanitory.

I believe we will see an overhaul in animations next year but for now we will have to settle with seemingly last gen animations. Not great but with the advancements in the editing modes and at least slightly refreshed ML mode its all looking rather good to me.

Call me an optimist but hey life is too short to get agrovated about somthing as trivial as a video game.

totally off topic, but anyone willing to handle a Pes2008 for ps3 for my bday? :)

Damn dude, I am out of money, but I will be happy to collaborate with... 10 dollars? :lmao: probably some others want to add money so you can have PES2008 :lmao:

Hello my fellow forum members, ive been away because this place was getting rediculous but it seems that it's calming down a little and so I return.

Personaly im still very much looking forward to PES this year as it will be my first next-gen pes experience. I think konami and seabass' team are clearly trying to focus in the short term to create a game with the quality of PES6 ps2. Now while alot of memers were clearly expecting the quantum leap I certainly wasn't.

What I am happy about are the implementations of a few key areas which help define a next-gen experience.

Firstly the Teamvision whilst a corny title is a great addition the the core gameplay which will make us adapt as players and ultimatley make us think about the way in which we both attack and defend. Pehaps soon cheap goals will be a thing of the past.

Secondly is the implementation of the inverse kinnetics system. allowing the ball to become a seperate entity. The benefits of this are quite self-explanitory.

I believe we will see an overhaul in animations next year but for now we will have to settle with seemingly last gen animations. Not great but with the advancements in the editing modes and at least slightly refreshed ML mode its all looking rather good to me.

Call me an optimist but hey life is too short to get agrovated about somthing as trivial as a video game.

Optimist ;)

It's loyal fans like you that make Konami very happy... I just wish I felt the same... I'd be happy with the on pitch changes and there is a call for 'not broken don't fix'. But I can't accept the total lack of development off field, non of this is due to licences!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom