WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/14/07)

Samba2 its that unnecessary need to impose your ideals on others.
Why do people come onto a WE/PES thread and say PES sucks the nets are...the shirts are...konami are...fifa is... over and over again and its the same fuckers with the same thing all the time. Please if any of you are like that, get a life. I'm not saying dont complain I'm saying dont whinge and try to get a reaction.

Samba2 its that unnecessary need to impose your ideals on others.
Why do people come onto a WE/PES thread and say PES sucks the nets are...the shirts are...konami are...fifa is... over and over again and its the same fuckers with the same thing all the time. Please if any of you are like that, get a life. I'm not saying dont complain I'm saying dont whinge and try to get a reaction.

Yup i know and agree.

Just some Sick puppies that have nothing better to do than to rant and rave and spoil what was once a great forum and is now degrading into a complete mess.

BUT DON'T POST ANY OPTION FILES WITH PREMIERSHIP KITS

ohohoh that did make me larf.

Pesfan, the MOST conservative Pro Evo site (to the point where they frown upon WE talk) having to be warned about editing.

f u prem league though.

Hey, PES2008 is only Konami's second soccer game on Xbox360 so basically PES08 iss PES6v2. Fifa on the other hand has had more time with the xbox360 and im still surprised they can't get it right.So basically Konami just havent gotten used to next-gen yet so thats why PES08 looks like PES6, next year though PES2009 will be Next-Gen.

Hey, PES2008 is only Konami's second soccer game on Xbox360 so basically PES08 iss PES6v2. Fifa on the other hand has had more time with the xbox360 and im still surprised they can't get it right.So basically Konami just havent gotten used to next-gen yet so thats why PES08 looks like PES6, next year though PES2009 will be Next-Gen.

You cannot be serious with this excuse ,Konami had a huge amount of time in order to make PES 2008 "next gen" as you say but they haven't (maybe they have a very precise plan on what to add/delete each year ).You could used this excuse for PES6 on the XBOX 360 but not this time around I'm afraid which is a shame when you now the power both PS3 and XBOX360 can deliver.

You made that thread for "us kids" then you came into the Fifa thread to slag off Fifa, if you're going to be condescending you do it from a loftier place if you haven't lowered yourself to the standard of us "kids" ;)

Ring a bell? kids today eh? :lmao:
I don't compare with PES, i just speak about FIFA08

NOW STOP FIFA SPEAKING IN THIS THREAD, THANKS

Last edited:

Konami annonced 250 teams in PES2008, that mean alot of more teams ?
How many teams PES6 ?

It certainly wasn't 250.

Right, PES6 for the 360 was shambles, but I think if they actually ported the gameplay from the PS2 version, and made tweaks to that, aswell as the new animations, improved graphics, edit mode etc, it will be no doubt MUCH better than the current 360 version now, and thats just little things like that, so I for one, believe it will be great, it looks very nice, the animations are luvly, the faces are amazing! I like the graphics, may not be real life over dramatic lighting style grpahics, but it looks nice, and edit mode sounds amazing, I like editing :)

Just because PES6 was crap doesnt mean that PES2008 will be!

*edit* I think its 122 club teams including WE and PES United and 57 national teams without classic teams, and then without the editable teams, like Team A, Team B from PES6, so in total without classic and team a, b etc there were 177 teams or there abouts, with classic teams I think it would be an added 6? so 183 :D

Also checked on the Credits on PES6 for 360 and it only has 3 people for Mode: Master League :) Haha!

Last edited:

Konami annonced 250 teams in PES2008, that mean alot of more teams ?
How many teams PES6 ?

Well... here we go...

57 national teams
7 classic national teams
122 club teams and
18 free spaces

so… we got 204 teams in PES 6… that means… we have 46 new teams… that’s nice… anyway… were do you get that news from Thomas?

Well... here we go...

57 national teams
7 classic national teams
122 club teams and
18 free spaces

so… we got 204 teams in PES 6… that means… we have 46 new teams… that’s nice… anyway… were do you get that news from Thomas?
From marketing of Konami

Pes 2008 Signs Up New Talent

2007 September 6 - Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has released further details regarding the eagerly-awaited PES 2008, due for release later in the year for PLAYSTATION3, Xbox 360, PC-DVD, PlayStation2, PSP (PlayStationPortable) and Nintendo DS.

Following the announcement of Cristiano Ronaldo as the European face of the new game, Konami has also extended the number of officially licensed national and club teams in the game. PES 2008 will boast more licenses than ever before, with Brazil, Portugal, Greece, Scotland and Ireland amongst the new officially licensed National teams on offer. Similarly, the roster of licensed club teams has also been bolstered, with Newcastle, Tottenham, RSC Anderlecht, HJK Helsinki, IFK Goteborg, Panathinaicos, Spartak Moscow, Fenerbache, NK Dinamo Zagreb and FC Basel amongst those added to the ranks.

The new licensed club sides join the likes of Juventus Turin, AC Milan, Celtic, Porto and more, and demonstrate Konami's commitment to adding the world's greatest teams to what is regarded as the most realistic football game for any system. The new teams also combine to ensure PES 2008 has over 3000 licensed players realistically replicated within the game, and over 250 teams.

PES 2008 will mark a quantum leap forward for the Pro Evolution Soccer series. An all-new AI system entitled Teamvision has been designed to actively monitor the player's onscreen movements and adapt accordingly. This means players cannot resort to overly-familiar tactics, and forces them to change their movements if they are to pose offensive threats. New set pieces have also been implemented, with players selecting key players to receive free kicks, and tailoring defensive walls to their specific needs. Coupled with a massively enhanced aesthetic upgrade that includes facial animation and shirts creasing, plus an extensive edit mode, and PES 2008 is already shaping up to retain its footballing crown.

"Konami has worked hard to bolster the number of licensed clubs in PES 2008, and the new additions represent a huge step forward for the series," commented Jon Murphy, Pro Evolution Soccer Team Leader for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. "We listen very closely to what people want from the series, and hope these new additions further extend PES 2008's reputation within both die-hard football fans and newcomers alike."

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/sports/pes2008/news.html?sid=6178296&mode=recent&print=1

Interesting...

Oh I was so close with the classic teams haha one off, I never buy them so cant remember haha! And didnt add the 18 free spaces, cause I was going by the 360 version, sure some of those extra teams wont be filled with more free spaces, maybe possibility to add a whole new league of teams, say 24 spaces, and make the championship :D

christ..........what is happening to the evo web forums???

Why cant people just accept that Fifa08 is pretty good from the demo so far, but we havent played the final version and also accept that PES 2008 is not looking like the quantum leap we hoped for..........
But again we have only seen an early PES demo and no-one here has played the final version it is likely to be ALSO damn good.

Why cant people accept that it is very probably that we have the choice of 2 good footy games this year???
totally agree

i guess we will have some big suprises within the next days/weeks.

looking forward to it. :)

What leagues out there could they add that will total 250 teams?

Portugese League, Swedish League, Turkish League? Brazilian or Argentinian League, I suppose they could have the American League or Mexican, maybe the Japan League, or a division 2 to one of the ones we have already, or maybe more national teams haha, or like I said, more spare teams :D

Forgot the Scottish League, they could indeed be in it :)

portugal - 18 teams
scotland - 10 teams
sweden - ? teams
turkey - 18/20 teams

More national teams, some Mexican teams...

i think we wont have turkish league but i would really appreciate argentinian league instead.

fifa win this time ,, and remember konami every one work hard will get something wonderful so EA worked hard this time at last they tried their best to give their fans what they ask for but konami ignore us for along time and after all of this waiting they give us PES6,1 with a far away relase date ,,

Well fifa didnt give me what I wanted did they, I wanted an amazing edit mode! Personally that is what I wanted, so does fifa win for me?

People these days, you cannot say something has won till both have been played by the majority of consumers, fifa has been played with the demo, give PES a chance to even come out, demo or full game, jeese!

PES2008 will be better then Fifa08 thats for sure!!

i played fifa08 demo and the game sucks! not even the graphics look good, horrible player faces, slow and boring gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom