WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

Prem = 20
La Liga = 20
Bundes(slots) = 20
SerieA = 20
Lique1 = 20
Ere = 18
best of the rest = 2 x 20 = 40
= 160 odd club teams +58 international teams = 220 odd.

Maybe they have added a league? Or have they added the jleague teams to winningeleven11 to make one version?

Prem = 20
La Liga = 20
Bundes(slots) = 20
SerieA = 20
Lique1 = 20
Ere = 18
best of the rest = 2 x 20 = 40
= 160 odd club teams +58 international teams = 220 odd.

Maybe they have added a league? Or have they added the jleague teams to winningeleven11 to make one version?

250 teams on "PES2008" so i don't think Konami add J.League

Last edited:

Well the slots as you say for the german league in PES6 they werent in the game, and the teams you could edit there wasnt 20 there were 18, and also best of the rest there isnt 40 I think its more like 23 as there is only two pages, one with 18 one with 5 including WE and PES united :D I think we counted all the teams alreaady in this thread or another.

None the less, there are alot more teams, who though? Cause it says 250+ so could be more, but lets just say 250 :)

Konami have sure kept hush hush quite a lot this year, no big words or shows about edit mode, not really much about ML, pretty much nothing about online, and now we cant even figure out the teams :D Better be a good surprise.

In regard to the CPU cheating - all games cheat. AI isn't good enough to replicate a human player so they have to find other ways of beating you. Its just some games make it more obvious than others!

kakamb3.jpg

Kaka with adidas predator shoes ;)

:D @ Adriano on that pic.

A lot of FIFA avatars popping as been mentioned, but not all of them "converts".

I'm enjoying the demo, will buy the game for online and single player career modes, but I'm guessing that I'll still play PES a lot more with mates than FIFA.

I don't agree with A.I. cheating, I think a lot of people simply aren't good enough at the game and complain. The only real gripe I have with PES is wing - cutback - first time strikes are so effective and every noob uses it.

Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/14/07)

I think many poeple can't just accept the basic fact that pes is not the king anymore. They devoted too much time to that game, they can't take that is not a number 1 anymore.

But if any of you wants some real next gen sport game, get nba 2k8 or the very good ea nhl.

Dude... please how can you state that with only a demo of Fifa 2008 released?

It could be true what you think... but saying "PES is not the king anymore" when even a demo of PES is expect to be released and just a bunch of guys have played at Leipzig... sorry, but it is a rushed opinion with no real arguments.

The last screenshots are very nice. Also, is good to know that the Japan/Europe versions are the same. At least that seems to be...

If first time strikes are just as powerful it's back to SWOS for me.

Dude... please how can you state that with only a demo of Fifa 2008 released?

It could be true what you think... but saying "PES is not the king anymore" when even a demo of PES is expect to be released and just a bunch of guys have played at Leipzig... sorry, but it is a rushed opinion with no real arguments.

The last screenshots are very nice. Also, is good to know that the Japan/Europe versions are the same. At least that seems to be...

just ignore people like that.
why does he come to this thread?

The only real gripe I have with PES is wing - cutback - first time strikes are so effective and every noob uses it.

I am also tired of reading this argument (it is not a personal attack, just have read it so many times, I agree with a lot of your posts). I know very good players that concede a goal like that sometimes, but try to make them the same gaol every single match. You will lose your time.

A good player learn how to counter tactics. If a tactic have good results with somebody, why don't go on using it?

@Seraphs21: Thx mate ;)

CPU cheating is not limited to playing against the CPU.

It's for instance when your shot powerbar goes sky high all times you shoot during a whole match to prevent you from scoring.

It's when your opponent's goalie saves each and every well-directed, correctly-powered shot and your own keeper fails miserably at soft and centered shots.

It's when all your short passes are slow and inaccurate and your opponent's are fast and targeted.

It's when you through balls are always intercepted and the rival's always get a scoring change due to your player NOT responding to your directions.

It's when you are controlling a defender and the opponent closes in and suddenly your player stops obeying your controller to allow the striker to get past you.

These are just some examples of CPU cheating. It is the game who dictactes if it's going to allow you to win and to what extent. It is the game who decides if your defender is going to stop responding for a fraction of a second...

Please leave my PES playing abilities out of the math if any of you is trying to explain all this by saying I am too bad at PES. No need to offend and pretend I am a fool or stupid or that I have not played it enough... I have already heard this weak explanation before and I think being on XBL D1 with over a 50% of victories could be considered enough to know what I am talking about.

...And to claim that this all happens in real life and as such, it is implemented on PES on purpose, is just as childish an argument as the whole "your game is pants and mine rules" debate.

Let's wait for PES 2008, especially about CPU-cheating. Some people who played the game said the cheating has gone with the arrival of TeamVision.
So if that is an argument not to play PES anymore, you can remove that argument.

just ignore people like that.
why does he come to this thread?

Maybe you should open a "PES2008 fairy tales" thread in which only members who promise to say lovely things about PES are welcome...:lmao:

..Or maybe you could just, as in your sig, please deal with the fact that some people may not like PES even after playing it and being fans of previous versions (hence why we come here, there you have it), and that by having such preferences they are not less than you and should not be ignored. I don't see him insulting or offending, just making an opinion, be it realistic or not. Same as you.

I agree Han, I haven't said I am not waiting, I will buy the game and test it to death... :)

Maybe you should open a "PES2008 fairy tales" thread in which only members who promise to say lovely things about PES are welcome...:lmao:

..Or maybe you could just, as in your sig, please deal with the fact that some people may not like PES even after playing it and being fans of previous versions (hence why we come here, there you have it), and that by having such preferences they are not less than you and should not be ignored. I don't see him insulting or offending, just making an opinion, be it realistic or not. Same as you.
Very sad post.... very immature.

I am also tired of reading this argument (it is not a personal attack, just have read it so many times, I agree with a lot of your posts). I know very good players that concede a goal like that sometimes, but try to make them the same gaol every single match. You will lose your time.

A good player learn how to counter tactics. If a tactic have good results with somebody, why don't go on using it?

Of course I can counter that, to an extent. But not as I'd wish. It is too effective. In real life, first time shots like that hit the goal 2 times out of 10 or something, on PES they hit the goal 9 out of 10.

Hope it's fixed in PES2008.

if you read my last few posts sunwong you would see I crticised PES so you are making yourself appear very foolish indeed.
If you can't see the difference between what I and chalievano wrote then that's another reason to believe you are stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom