WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/06/07)

PES5 is the best for me.
PES4 and 6 are too fast.

PES5: slow robots
PES4: weak shots, and I also scored a lot of goals with Ibagaza. Nothing wrong with that, just the fact those goals were headers and Ibagaza is a dwarf :lmao:
PES6: A bit robotic, also, but speed is well balanced. Football is fast, it is not slow

It's actually quite funny, some people were talking about an October 5 release. And now we just got gutted by this November release date on the Konami website.

44113051scot4ra8.jpg

Here ThomasGoal I found this screenshot. PES has really made the grade this year!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Guys in some pages in the french site is says something about 18 November!
What is this?

So its confirmed ? November ? No demo ? I expect high sales of Fifa this year, love is in the air.

This screenshot suggest there'll be square-shaped netting, I hope this wasn't just a rendered net:

16.jpg

This screenshot suggest there'll be square-shaped netting, I hope this wasn't just a rendered net:

16.jpg

No m8, oval netting have been comfirmed on several screenshots

PES2008.jpg

No m8, oval netting have been comfirmed on several screenshots

PES2008.jpg

I know that but obviously I'm after a bit of variety. I asked due to the screens all showing the same red/white hexagonal nets.

16.jpg

I guess it's a rendered net...In all PES2008 pics showed till now there are only exhagonal-shaped netting...I remember that in PES6 for 360 all the stadiums had exhagonal-shaped netting goal...I hope we are going to find square-netting in PES 2008 First because many real stadiums got square-netting (Old Trafford, San Siro etc...) Second because the game would be more variuous....Everything may change if we had editable nets (shape and colour)..It would be a Dream...

According to everyone who's played the Fifa 08 demo, have said EA have thrown down the gauntlet. Now it's Pro Evo's turn. Come on Konami don't let us down!

We must have MORE faith, because FIFA 08 is amazing on the demo. The graphics are fantastics and the gameplay too. PES, don't disappoint me!

Unlike Sonami, EA have used the Xbox 360 to develop their game over the last 3 years and port it to the PS3.

Sonami feel they have to release a Xbox 360 version so they do a poor port of the PS2 version and it is clearly rushed and has no Substance.

Then they work on the the first version of PES on the PS3 which is also ported from the PS2 but they clearly take more time but it still is nothing like Next Gen.

Sonami could have been using the Xbox 360 like EA have for the last 3 years and ported it across the board until their beloved PS3 was ready to work on but instead they ignore it and produce shit.

Again like PES3 on the PS2 and Fifa on the Xbox 360 we will have to wait until the third release probably PES 2010 until they get to grips with the PS3 and stop working on the PS2.

Last edited:

According to everyone who's played the Fifa 08 demo, have said EA have thrown down the gauntlet. Now it's Pro Evo's turn. Come on Konami don't let us down!

Konami are losing the PR battle.

Their marketing is pathetic.

PES5: slow robots
PES4: weak shots, and I also scored a lot of goals with Ibagaza. Nothing wrong with that, just the fact those goals were headers and Ibagaza is a dwarf :lmao:
PES6: A bit robotic, also, but speed is well balanced. Football is fast, it is not slow

football isn't benny hill style pinball.

It is not like pinball, don't exaggerate. It is more balanced, PES5/WE9 was the worst on the entire saga.

tokyo game show from 20 to 23 september has pes 2008 in konamis lineup,maybe they anounce the releasedate then.
hope its october,and when november its the 2nd ,that would be only a week after the much named 26th october.

It is not like pinball, don't exaggerate. It is more balanced, PES5/WE9 was the worst on the entire saga.

you are exaggerating by saying 5 is the worst version.
you prefer fast arcadey attack biased football.
i prefer a more realistic paced game with good defensive ai.

you are exaggerating by saying 5 is the worst version.
you prefer fast arcadey attack biased football.
i prefer a more realistic paced game with good defensive ai.

Totally respect that view and at times i've preferred pes5's more tactical approach.

But now i've realised i just want a fun, exhilarating game, even if it's slightly unrealistic at times. Quite frankly, and i watch about three or four games of football a week, most games are pretty boring so maybe realistic not always best for a game.......

Unlike Sonami, EA have used the Xbox 360 to develop their game over the last 3 years and port it to the PS3.

Sonami feel they have to release a Xbox 360 version so they do a poor port of the PS2 version and it is clearly rushed and has no Substance.

Then they work on the the first version of PES on the PS3 which is also ported from the PS2 but they clearly take more time but it still is nothing like Next Gen.

Sonami could have been using the Xbox 360 like EA have for the last 3 years and ported it across the board until their beloved PS3 was ready to work on but instead they ignore it and produce shit.

Again like PES3 on the PS2 and Fifa on the Xbox 360 we will have to wait until the third release probably PES 2010 until they get to grips with the PS3 and stop working on the PS2.

Jeez!!

PS2 version ported to PS3?????

You have proof???

Konami prefer the machine that gave them the success, other developers do it but you single out Konami??

WHY???

Last edited by a moderator:

Did I miss anything today, I just got in from work...

If you guys want to discuss the FIFA demo, please do it in our "Other Games Discussion" board area and NOT in here. Thanks.

Totally respect that view and at times i've preferred pes5's more tactical approach.

But now i've realised i just want a fun, exhilarating game, even if it's slightly unrealistic at times. Quite frankly, and i watch about three or four games of football a week, most games are pretty boring so maybe realistic not always best for a game.......

Probably you are right. Interesting comment.

But you can have a fun game and it can still be realistic. Those games are boring because the teams play that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom