WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/06/07)

I repeat myself: Please no FIFA demo talk in here, use the threads in our "Other Games Discussion" board area for that. Thank you.

this is nearly bringing tears to my eyes hearing all these people praising FIFA 08 demo, not that I have played it and don't agree with them, but after all these years of PES, it's so hard to see your favorite player kneeling down, before this crap shit you have always recalled...

Some people just don't listen :lol:

Fifa 08 to me at the moment hasnt changed much, and I will be hard to convice otherwise, infact I would say its Fifa 07 with added creases, tricks and more teams, and more modes. Gameplay isnt very good as people are making out, the way players are different is a load of tripe, teams play differently know they dont, they all played the same, america, barca, man u, inter, bayern, wings mainly sometimes centre, look for the cross, all the time.

And there is 8 directions in FIFA as well, people were saying yeah but doesnt feel like it, it bloody does haha, I dont care what they look like how they turn, you still play in the 8 directions NO MATTER WHAT!

Anyway, its still pretty decent, quite entertaining laughed at something but cant remember what, I got a great vid, of the amazing keepers aswell! Ill upload tomorrow, bed for me.

Any more news on the confirmed release date of PES2008? Also any new words on online, well any more?

I've played a demo of a football game that will be released this month and it is still sluggish and floaty. I personally don't think PES has anything to worry about as its GAMEPLAY will prevail again.

I've played a demo of a football game that will be released this month and it is still sluggish and floaty. I personally don't think PES has anything to worry about as its GAMEPLAY will prevail again.

Exactly how i felt after playing the demo. EA still cant get it right!

Jeez!!

PS2 version ported to PS3?????

You have proof???

Konami prefer the machine that gave them the success, other developers do it but you single out Konami??

WHY???

Have you seen the game it looks exactly like the last gen game.
Compare it to JLWE2007CC there clearly the same game except they couldnt even add the last gen elements like Fantista.

Konami have always ported the game from older gens when creating the first Next Gen titles even tho they never admit it.

morning....first of all i almost lapse into the dark side of power....with fifa 08!

but after a couple of halfs....PES ist still better all over...

some facts:

negative;

1. the speed and pace of the game is very lazy. (most importend thing to me...)
2. you allways run with 1 player, the other bunch of players look arround and stand still.
3. you can´t play pressing like we have in PES with square and X
3. the goalies react on high balls very bad, they don´t go in the ball
4. the goalie can´t throw the ball in front of his feet
5. i can´t see a system behind a team...you allways play the same schema.
6. the tactic section in the game is inactive...i allways try to change something with the tactic but without succsess.
7. the camera! tele is to far and dynamic is to close...

pro:

1. the goalie animation...saves looks really good.
2. the game philosophie and "how to play" is copied from konami! for sure! ;-)
3. the controll button are almost the same! (R1 is changed with R2)
4. the tricks are very funny and really really good...you can make some "real life" attacks! (something that is really a big plus for EA this year...)
5. player collision are superb! you can play with bodycontact...messi against rio -> 0:1
6. manuell passing and high balls
7. the graphic details! like cameras allover the place, behind the goals things...and and...

so thats from me...i think i will get the game but i still prefer PES! i think i don´t feel realy home there...but its worth a try for everyone from the konami section...you can really see how EA try to copy the PES serie...its funny, because i played yesterday the game for the first time since fifa RTWC 98 and from the second minute i feel home with the controlls....

i hope konami doesn´t disappoint us...

cheers raffau

Last edited:

According to everyone who's played the Fifa 08 demo, have said EA have thrown down the gauntlet. Now it's Pro Evo's turn. Come on Konami don't let us down!

EA thrown down the funniest version on marketplace, good news are that except supercancel every control si the same as PES, next year they will have supercancel too :-), players look like zombies from wax museum, and are fat, especially Puyol, I havent had such a good laugh for a long time when I saw him for the first time. Only one arena is in the game , its Allianz arena, which is arena for Handball games I suppose. Funny little game, it has some good things , but competition ? only for Fifa 07 .

I repeat myself: Please no FIFA demo talk in here, use the threads in our "Other Games Discussion" board area for that. Thank you.

:lol:

I find funny you cannot compare two games about the same sport in a forum.

it is not that pes is out there on his own, if you need to evaluate properly you surely have to compare it with the rest out there.

This fifa obscurantism seems to hide a basic fact: one game is at least making little progress, the other game is stuck in his old glorious (bit laggy) days.

You can discuss just not in this thread, the game in question does have a dedicated thread after all...

Anyway, can i just highlight the usual konami pr BS on its pes site?

First true next-gen PES titles – PS3 debut

Uuuuh, Seabass has said himself that pes360 was a new engine and the first in a sequence of games ala we7/8/9 - pes3/4/5. Im not in here to comment on the actual game, but this is another reason why a lot of us have grown so tired/frustrated/etc with konami. Not only has the game stiffled in its development, but they blatantly lie in their pr. Anyone remember the pes5 comments? I do; Massively developed master league. The change was a more detailed development sheet!

They really do take the piss........

sound like the BANNED is coming for someone :lol:​

They wont even see it coming :lol:

Fair point tiktiktik but maybe its plain lack of communication between those in Japan and those in Europe, actually thats even worse. They should all having a meeting and sort themselves out regarding how they show off the game and what info they give out because its biting them in the ass saying one thing only for the game to come out and what they say isn't there.

Sorry I talked about the fifa demo in here :(

I really hope that you can have more growth curves in edit mode, I want to be able to select the double curve one, where it goes up, then down then up again, would be cool, not a big deal, but would be nice, also they should have more than 1 running style like they do in PES6 edit mode. I just want the game now :) No new screens yet is there, shouldnt some get a copy of the game, with most options available so they can test them out etc?

Hopefully they bring a bloody demo out aswell, BEFORE release!

on duth gamesite ps3only.nl gaming only forum ,martijn van der kroef says konami anounced the releasedate for pes 2008: october 25,the psp and nintendo ds for november.
hope its true.

I'm looking forward as always to the next Pes, but already knowing the ML will be more or less the same has already guaranteed I'll be giving F**a a damn good try. I've been playing Pes and We for so long and so much it will be a hard change, but I'm so jacked off with Seabreezes smug attitude and Konamis "change as little as we can get away with" and still charge full wack policy, I'll make myself like it.
Don't get me wrong I'm sure the game play will be great and I'm confident the on pitch side will be as good as ever but I need some depth off the pitch and not just an online option.
I just feel I'm buying an update and being charged a full game price... again!!

plus it will be nice to play with lower league teams and not just the stars....

Last edited:

other duth gamesites confirm,konami pressrelease :pes2008 for october 25.

off topic...why konami didn´t open a forum where we can make some points about PES/WE?

i can´t understand that! each devolopment firm has his own forum...but not konami! why?

raffau

the germans say the same,must be true then.
25 october sounds good,cant wait.
thanks tg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom