WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/06/07)

PES2008 finally gets a release date!!

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 will launch for PS3, Xbox 360, PC, PS2 and mobile on 26th October.

PSP and DS versions will follow in November. A Wii version is also planned but dont expect that anytime soon as details on that version are even more rare than rocking horse poo.

Konami made the announcement this afternoon, with president Kunio Neo saying he reckons it's "the greatest football game of all time".

"Demand is massive for what is easily the best Pro Evolution Soccer title to date, and we anticipate record sales as we bring the series to PlayStation 3 for the first time, and unleash stunning versions for all leading formats."

PES 2008's key features include an adaptive AI system (Teamvision), and the usual array of refinements to graphics and gameplay, as well as a proper Edit mode (something 360 owners got short-changed on last time).

Finally we can put an end to the one question that has been asked over and over and over again this last few weeks but we still dont know who the Italian commentators are (Sorry to the one person who keeps asking that one)

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/09/pes2008-finally-gets-release-date.html

I just feel I'm buying an update and being charged a full game price... again!!

plus it will be to play with lower league teams and not just the stars....

I'm with you mate.
I think Konami follows classics marketing rules.
If a very large part of people is going to buy the game despite it's a bit more than an update, why they would give you at the same price more than this? People will buy this, then it's ok.

More, people will buy and will be happy because there's not alternative.

We have "kidnapped" by Konami in fact :)
We have to accept what they give us.

They give us PES iterations that are marketing-compatible progress.

No gift from Konami Corporation.

Last edited:
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/14/07)

hello guys!:D

i'm poddighe, an italian pes-maniac :)

i've some question for you...i'm gonna buying PES2008 on play.com and i'd like to know if the PC game version has the multi-language!

and on the site of play.com thay say that with 27€ they delivered the game at my home...also if i live in italy?

and one last thing... in the PC version...there will be the 2vs2 online mode? becuase i've heard something about he possibility of remove it!

thanks in advance, and congrats for this great forum!

:)

"Demand is massive for what is easily the best Pro Evolution Soccer title to date, and we anticipate record sales as we bring the series to PlayStation 3 for the first time, and unleash stunning versions for all leading formats."

Keep Dreaming Konami

Keep Dreaming Konami

The popularity of Pro Evo is growing all the time - don't think it's too unrealistic an expectation

Good to know finally the official release date.

Probably the game can make a sales record, but for sure not with PS3 sales, probably with Ps2/Xbox360 sales...

And about the same each year with F**a, same crap, different toilet :lmao:

From alot of sources :

The old gen PES2008 is the worst PES (even worse than PES4) and the next gen version the best of all time.

The grass in FIFA 08 looks like small squares from above, very pixelated, I thought they got the grass spot-on in FIFA 07.

Anyone expecting PES2008 grass to be any better than on PES6 will be disappointed.

The grass in FIFA 08 looks like small squares from above, very pixelated, I thought they got the grass spot-on in FIFA 07.

Anyone expecting PES2008 grass to be any better than on PES6 will be disappointed.

PES2008's grass has done with MS Paint.

How about the japanese game? why there are no info at all about it like pics and video or is it going to be released with pes2008? what is the game called in japan?

Did people really expect PES2008 to be like shoo-wow-insane-best game ever?

1. If it aint broken don't fix it.
PES has what it takes to keep a football fan pleased not gamers. (Yes there is a difference)

2.Dont bite off more than you can chew.
There is alot of work involved to change coding to make a game perform from say a ps2 to a ps3 format. Too much too quick means disaster.

3. You cant please everyone.
I wont bother explaining this.

Wow Random, the demo from the eu store doesnt have 3d grass, and the ball is red/orange nike aero, can anyone else confirm this?

BTW. the gameplay is good love the build up play.

The demo I'm now using (and the clip is from) is the UK version, I deleted the Singapore one as Jack convinced me the UK one was different, the fact I can actually win on it might mean that it is ;) Obviously I'm using the 360 version.....

Did people really expect PES2008 to be like shoo-wow-insane-best game ever?

1. If it aint broken don't fix it.
PES has what it takes to keep a football fan pleased not gamers. (Yes there is a difference)

2.Dont bite off more than you can chew.
There is alot of work involved to change coding to make a game perform from say a ps2 to a ps3 format. Too much too quick means disaster.

3. You cant please everyone.
I wont bother explaining this.

Are you Seabream and his staffs PR....
"The game is Fantastic,and the ML is as good as real life, we gave you some horse and dog heads, what more do you want from us... we gave you sweat stains people... sweat stains"

The Konami bashing is growing very tiresome.
We all know it's a Japanese game with all the quirks that entails.
Why do people expect them to change all of a sudden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom