WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/06/07)

Will be the demo out after midnight on that side where is that countdown ?

No, that is just a countdown to the site opening.

No, that is just a countdown to the site opening.

At which point there will a further countdown to the press release to the announcement of the date of the demo..

...accompanied by an animated GIF of Drogba playing a range of musical instruments while
Christiano dances a portugese folk dance.

Excuse me Thomas, but where can I find this demo everybody is talking about...Is it for 360 or for Ps3??? Is there any video ??? I'm too curious :(

There is no demo out or announced. If you have read otherwise it is probably someone who took the opportunity to be funny.

Though I read the announcement for the releease date is "imminent", so there might also be info on a possible demo immminently swell.

Your Signature is very interseting but you left out PES 2008 and one of your games:shock:
Also what's Banjoe Kazooi comning out on? is it VC
I've left PES2008 out because I've already got it... Oh wait no, it says PES6 on the box, sorry. :) APOLOGIES, WAS A JOKE, DON'T RIP ME TO PIECES ANYBODY.

Banjo Kazooie is coming out on Xbox 360 apparently, according to ShopTo.net (UK site, usually quite reliable, Stranglehold isn't due out here til Friday and I received my pre-order from them this morning, love it :)).

EDIT: Just searched the site for it again and it's not there, must have been cancelled or something. :(

Last edited:

I don't know why but that sounds like rapping lyrics to me. That's going through my head now like crazy with a Beastie Boys spin.

YO! SEABASSSSSSSS!

Yooou sure-ly quick-ly AQUIRE, theee sick-ly undeniable DESIRE, tooo throw yourself into a FIRE

I always knew there's a rapper in you..

I've left PES2008 out because I've already got it... Oh wait no, it says PES6 on the box, sorry. :) APOLOGIES, WAS A JOKE, DON'T RIP ME TO PIECES ANYBODY.

Banjo Kazooie is coming out on Xbox 360 apparently, according to ShopTo.net (UK site, usually quite reliable, Stranglehold isn't due out here til Friday and I received my pre-order from them this morning, love it :)).

EDIT: Just searched the site for it again and it's not there, must have been cancelled or something. :(
No worries.

Put your PC clock on to midnight and that thisismygame.net countdown turns into "Released"

Hmmmmm........

Put your PC clock on to midnight and that thisismygame.net countdown turns into "Released"

Hmmmmm........

the flash plugin get the hour from the pc.

but nothing changes apart of the word 'released' ...

well 26th october is the date that most people have it down as but that may change as fifa is coming out a month before.

I hope to god they don't adjust the release date to match FIFA. The release date should be set so that the game is as finished as it should be.

I would be happier if they set the date back a month, because then I would know they aren't releasing the game until it is done.

Just sold pes6. Why? Two days ago i bought pes4. A distressing experience. Why? Because i'd forgotten just how much "fun" pes used to be. Suddenly i'm doing things by accident that i'd forgotten pes could do i.e. chipped through balls, sprinting away from players and lobbing the goalie. Oh, and turning with the ball without waiting for the sail to come round!

I feel like i've been fooled in to thinking pes5 and 6 were actual advancements. No, they were just different, but not better. Whereas now i feel like i'm playing a fun game, before, when playing pes6, it seems like i was doing some sort of data input summer job. I never really understood what people meant when they said it was scripted - now i know.

So in short, Konami, can i please have my £70 back (oh and the £35 for the 360 thing i bought). YOu were supposed to inspire me, to entertain me. Now i feel like you've stolen from me.

Sorry all - just had to get that off my chest.

so FIFA08 DEMO on PSN and Marketplace tomorow.....sjees KONAMI needs to rls there DEMO asap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Review of the game in a Playstation magazine 28th September according to the blog

so FIFA08(gay) DEMO on PSN and Marketplace tomorow.....sjees KONAMI needs to rls there DEMO asap.
If Konami uses the same time-table as EA, we can still wait for a month. Don't forget PES 2008 will be released a month later as FIFA08...

Something different: Seabass says on the Konami-blog that there are 100 people ( 'staff' as he calls them ) working at the game. He says they are working very hard to finish the game off. Some 'staffs' are even working without sleeping.
I think people at Konami do really follow our discussions here, as we wondered how many people are working at PES. Even saying they are lazy is something he tries to counter, by saying that some of them are even not sleeping... ;)

Buffon in the Spanish cover

Yeah but Han, they do have 5 different versions to finish (nextgen/ps2/wii/ds/psp) so thats still only 20 odd per version ;) I think ea has 250 just for the nextgen version only (and even that is only on 2 platforms, pes8 is across 3 (360/ps3/pc).

Spanish Cover

ps2fz7.jpg

ps3pq3.jpg

It says "Modo Online Incluido" (spanish) when it should be "Con Gioco in Rete" (Italian) so its Spanish

that must be a joke... buffon??? juventus??? yo no entender...

Buffon and Christiano Ronaldo have at least one thing in common, they're both excellent divers...

What the hell? Why's Buffon on a spanish cover? There must be something wrong

What the hell? Why's Buffon on a spanish cover? There must be something wrong

It couldn't be that that is the Italian Cover? Spanish and Italian have some words in common, though I don't know much Italian so I might be way off here and the "modo online incluido" text couldn't be Italian.

Just sold pes6. Why? Two days ago i bought pes4. A distressing experience. Why? Because i'd forgotten just how much "fun" pes used to be. Suddenly i'm doing things by accident that i'd forgotten pes could do i.e. chipped through balls, sprinting away from players and lobbing the goalie. Oh, and turning with the ball without waiting for the sail to come round!

I feel like i've been fooled in to thinking pes5 and 6 were actual advancements. No, they were just different, but not better. Whereas now i feel like i'm playing a fun game, before, when playing pes6, it seems like i was doing some sort of data input summer job. I never really understood what people meant when they said it was scripted - now i know.

So in short, Konami, can i please have my £70 back (oh and the £35 for the 360 thing i bought). YOu were supposed to inspire me, to entertain me. Now i feel like you've stolen from me.

Sorry all - just had to get that off my chest.

To be honest, I felt PES4 -> PES5 was a big step towards a game that is more realistic. More realistic pace, animations, the way players carry themselves etc.

BUT, I also wholeheartedly agree that PES6 was a step down in many aspects, and PES4 is a fun game to play. If that fun comes from it simply being more easy to control (more "arcadey" if you will, or atleast more responsive than real humans usually are) or if there are some other hard-to-gauge factors, I'm not sure.

But I do miss being able to outrun defenders. :)

For me PES5 is the worst WE/PES that I have played, along with WE9. What a terrible game, the players behaved like robots.

PES 4 was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom