WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/06/07)

Been reading the Q & A thread over at pesfan and along with PSM3's preview its gives me more satisfaction about the game.

Whats the facination from boots, well lets start with the fact we was talking about the pictures, so we cant really talk about gameplay or what not from an image, and as far as I am concerned boots are in the game and part of it, so we have every right to discuss if they are templates etc. Quit moaning, you can choose to carry on the discussion or but out.

That was for Deja Vu. :D

Been reading the Q & A thread over at pesfan and along with PSM3's preview its gives me more satisfaction about the game.

Q&A thread, I'm reading too.

@ Han:

Mate, what about penalties aren't they a flaw?
Can you imagine anything more arcade than PES penalties? I'm not...:-k...maybe Super Sidekick :D

This time, with PES2008, they had been the right chance IMO. Last year was too early (even if I'd appreciate), next year will be a little late...

Maybe. Somebody else on the w.e.n.b. blog's- comments wrote that PES and it's predecessors were made to play with the d-pad. That's why it never changed, I guess. It is a matter of how things growed historically. Don't get me wrong, I also hoped for a change towards 360-control. :)

Q&A thread, I'm reading too.

@ Han:

Mate, what about penalties aren't they a flaw?
Can you imagine anything more arcade than PES penalties? I'm not...:-k...maybe Super Sidekick :D
Well, I don't like the way they programmed it either ( I guess you are talking about the new ones in PES 2008 ). I am not sure why they did it this way....

Seabass has posted a new blog post.

Whats the facination from boots, well lets start with the fact we was talking about the pictures, so we cant really talk about gameplay or what not from an image, and as far as I am concerned boots are in the game and part of it, so we have every right to discuss if they are templates etc. Quit moaning, you can choose to carry on the discussion or but out.

That was for Deja Vu. :D

Obviously you can talk about the pictures and you have every right to discuss if they are templates etc... how long can you keep at it? :)

You have a lot of videos. People has long awaited this videos.
Gameplay is there, ok, probably it'll be slightly better, but you already know which features it surely has or hasn't.

I'm not moaning. I'm talking about our game. ;)

Well, I don't like the way they programmed it either ( I guess you are talking about the new ones in PES 2008 ). I am not sure why they did it this way....

I remembered penalties cause I read on Q&A pesfan thread.
I'm talking about penalties in PES6 and PES2008 since Rob McLean wrote there is no change (except for the "penis" cam)...

About 360 control, we both would glad it, some people is afraid of changes... so be sticked on the D-pad :)

What a waste of time that blog is, I could have written that much myself. "Everyone is working on the game, bye"

Wow a hundred staffs.. what the hell are they all doing... Can you get two staffs to spend a couple of months next time and put in all leagues and a whole bunch of editable team spaces, a full cup and champions league. Thanks Seamonkey.

I bet nobody is short of tea and biscuits there...

What a waste of time that blog is, I could have written that much myself. "Everyone is working on the game, bye"

Totally agree with you my friend... another proof that Konami need to fire a couple of people in their PR-department...maybe there is no PR anymore, they are all making crazy heads for PES...

Totally agree with you my friend... another proof that Konami need to fire a couple of people in their PR-department...maybe there is no PR anymore, they are all making crazy heads for PES...

LOL

I just imagined Seabass going to some of his stuff asking "hey, how are the new next-gen horse heads doing?"

Art Guy: Bad news, I think we're going to have to delay the game for a few weeks. The horse heads don't head the ball realistically, it looks totally wrong. We need to get the horses in for motion capture again.

Seabass: DAMNIT, you've been working on these horse heads for three months, what have you been doing all day?!

Art Guy: Hey, Seahorse, calm down. Why the long face?

Seabass: You're fired, that's why.

Last edited:

Art Guy: Bad news, I think we're going to have to delay the game for a few weeks. The horse heads don't head the ball realistically, it looks totally wrong. We need to get the horses in for motion capture again.

Seabass: DAMNIT, you've been working on these horse heads for three months, what have you been doing all day?!

:lol:

Not so far from the true...

I seriously laughed out loud at that!

I don't see why Konami can't announce a release date, October is very soon and still nothing. Halo 3's release was announced in May.

Been doing the same...well all the people who actually played the game seem genuinely impressed by the gameplay...that's good.

And now something outrageously optimistic: if it's true that there will be a "better" ML in the WE, maybe this feature can be included in the downloadable content in the Playstation Store (or XBox equivalent)...that would be the decent thing to do for Konami...

Been doing the same...well all the people who actually played the game seem genuinely impressed by the gameplay...that's good.

And now something outrageously optimistic: if it's true that there will be a "better" ML in the WE, maybe this feature can be included in the downloadable content in the Playstation Store (or XBox equivalent)...that would be the decent thing to do for Konami...

;) ahh...
that last bit would make Seatrout chuckle as he banks his massive cheque...

Last edited:

Exactly that WOULD be a decent thing for Konami to do...

...hence why we know we WONT get it :(

I need a demo of this game as I am thinking of downloading the fifa08 demo and that's just wrong.

Not wrong, its taking the oppurtunity theres three ways it could go, you enjoy fifa, and when you come to pes, you prefer it and keep fifa over pes, second you could enjoy it and also like pes and keep both so you got a mixture of different type of games, or three, it is offputting and makes PES feel soo much better as you prefer it much more.

Take a chance, go on, you know you want to, its some new footy action too cant say no to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom