WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/06/07)

No, the only source it came from was a bullshitter who'd wormed his way into several people's trusts (including mine I'm ashamed to say).

If people here don't play PES or aren't interested in PES then why are they here other than to advertise FIFA?

I still come here because it's a good place to keep up with all the latest PES news, even if I don't like what I'm hearing I still want to keep informed, in the hopes that I'll be buying two football games :)

Also because there's a fairly large number of very decent, mature, intelligent people on these forums, sadly unlike the average Fifa forum.

It obviously showed that there's less mature people on here than I believed, what with the whole inability to handle any kind of criticism for Seabass' beloved baby (not aimed at anyone in particular). But at the end of the day this is a great community that I've been part of for years and look forward to things settling down when both games are out and people are happily playing them, I think the anticipation for both games is leading to frayed nerves all round ;)

I've made the effort not to express my feelings about PES/WE in PES/WE threads, shame people like ThomasGoal can't also do the same :)

Nick, why are you trying to make a fight out of this? What are you doing?

Weren't you glad DJdoc was booted out so you could keep threads on-topic?

you know, its totally bizzare that threads turn into an argument, full of accusations and petty comments that just do nothing to discuss each games issue.

I wonder why constructive critisim is taken so harshly as an opportunistic moment to attack somebody else's point of view.

PES= agreat game, not as great as I would lke

FIFA= a great game, not as great as I would like.

The sooner peeps understand that thier chosen game or format is not all that then the less time is spent bickering and the more time is spent discussing what aspects you like, dislike and are most looking forward to.

Enjoy the opportrunities to share with like minded people,help others understand where the improvements are and what has dissapointed the most. Its not about who or what is better.

Move on;)

Atleast I show both praise and criticism for PES, all you EVER show is criticism.

I think you'll find that in 4 years of postings my leaning is about 97% towards favourable PES comments.....

And in that 4 years of postings you'll probably also find more negative postings about Fifa than positive.....

Last edited:

PES= agreat game, not as great as I would like

right, totally agree. A great game with flaws and a lot to improve.

FIFA= a great game, not as great as I would like.

Did I miss something here? When FIFA have been a great game? 1998 version, perhaps? Fifa and great game in the same sentence is something ironic, you know...

I am not a fanboy, I understand the flaws of PES but FIFA is a bad game of football. Not even close to PES. When people says "A mix between eyecandy, licenses and modes of FIFA, plus GAMEPLAY of PES would make a perfect game" means that FIFA is just everything but gameplay.

It is amazing how people expects something more from FIFA, but that is just a hope. Seeing that PES would not fulfill the expectations, FIFA automatically becomes a better game. Totally wrong!

I would LOVE just a good FIFA game, don't expect a great one. But that is unlikely to happen, they have never handle to create a decent game. The gameplay is always horrible... damn... :(

And please The Power, don't be as stupid as djdoc and cut the "fanboy" posts. I agree with some of your posts (not like djdoc who just spreaded BS and negative comments) but sometimes you make dumb comments like that. You seem to be smart, so behave dude...

right, totally agree. A great game with flaws and a lot to improve.

Did I miss something here? When FIFA have been a great game? 1998 version, perhaps? Fifa and great game in the same sentence is something ironic, you know...

I am not a fanboy, I understand the flaws of PES but FIFA is a bad game of football. Not even close to PES. When people says "A mix between eyecandy, licenses and modes of FIFA, plus GAMEPLAY of PES would make a perfect game" means that FIFA is just everything but gameplay.

It is amazing how people expects something more from FIFA, but that is just a hope. Seeing that PES would not fulfill the expectations, FIFA automatically becomes a better game. Totally wrong!

I would LOVE just a good FIFA game, don't expect a great one. But that is unlikely to happen, they have never handle to create a decent game. The gameplay is always horrible... damn... :(

And please The Power, don't be as stupid as djdoc and cut the "fanboy" posts. I agree with some of your posts (not like djdoc who just spreaded BS and negative comments) but sometimes you make dumb comments like that. You seem to be smart, so behave dude...

Hi Putuco

Loved PES since ISS until PES6 and I turned to FIFA07 which was a massive leap to anything gone before it,UCL improved on that and its obvious 08 has gone even further.

So (IMO) great game but with flaws.

I will enjoy it more because I can cope with the flaws as Iknow they are far less than 07 and i liked that game.

PES6 on the 360 was a huge step backwards as far as I am concerned but that does not mean 08 will be the same because clearly its not, however from what I have seen of both games, its clear that FIFA has made the bigger effort, thus i am looking forward to this more.

I have many friends that have exactly the same point of view and we have been playing PES for well over 6 years (iss etc) that must tell us something.

Thanks

Hi Putuco

Loved PES since ISS until PES6 and I turned to FIFA07 which was a massive leap to anything gone before it,UCL improved on that and its obvious 08 has gone even further.

I will enjoy it more because I can cope with the flaws as Iknow they are far less than 07 and i liked that game.

PES6 on the 360 was a huge step backwards as far as I am concerned but that does not mean 08 will be the same because clearly its not, however from what I have seen of both games, its clear that FIFA has made the bigger effort, thus i am looking forward to this more.

I have many friends that have exactly the same point of view and we have been playing PES for well over 6 years (iss etc) that must tell us something.

Thanks

i agree with u in here, fifa has improve more as hole game overall, i have no problem with anybody buying & playing fifa08 especially if u liked fifa07 on next-gen, u should be over the moon with fifa08 improvments this year, which is great for all of u, but for other people like me, that where let down with fifa07, are not sure if they can trust eas gameplay, till they try the demo (oh by the way i am dying waiting to play it).
in the other heand pes08 its the same old enjoyble engine gameplay, it hasn't change mutch, but at list we all know what 2 expect from it. maybe it's not what we all want, (like a brand new engine with next gen graphic & animations, so that it can feel like a proper next-gen pes) but it will be still a great game to play.
but to be honest i been a bit excited with fifa08 from what i have read & see so far;)

Atleast I show both praise and criticism for PES, all you EVER show is criticism.

But you are clearly a PES fanboy, so your pretence at being objective and unbiased is laughable.

But you are clearly a PES fanboy, so your pretence at being objective and unbiased is laughable.
This is the kind of discussion we like to end.
The forum has gone down in quality purely because of this.
Just try to contribute to a good discussion about WE/PES only. That's what the forum-subject is about.

the term fanboy makes me cringe everytime someone types it

i reckon my 4 year old is more grown up than some people on here

But NickSCFC is clearly a fanboy. Let him deny it. His abundant posts count as evidence against him.

i'm looking forward to the tokyo games show later this month, hopefully some more news!

I just hope the game has the gameplay of PES6 PS2 atleast, cause then it would be already miles better than te 360 version :D

only kids argue about which game is better - those who don't are those who are happy in the knowledge that they KNOW which one is better but don't need to shout about it...

Who really cares which is better? Play whichever one you like more, play both!

I'm looking forward to both titles (well actually only PES2008 this year but I only have a PC).

Well I would say, without arguing/debates/opinions there would be no change.

Its just petty arguments that are childish, your a fanboy, no your a fanboy, well your gay, no you are that is childish.

But there are some mature comments and debates that are actually useful, if you like the game you should be able to share opinions why you like it. That is why this is the discussion thread :D

True, but there's a difference between "I prefer the career mode in FIFA" and "AAAAHHHH YOUR GAME IS SHIT FANBOY". I think that's what a lot of people are finding hard to grasp.

But NickSCFC is clearly a fanboy. Let him deny it. His abundant posts count as evidence against him.

So what if he is a fanboy? :lmao:

What about the meaning of fanboy makes someone bad?

They like one game more than another and they wont buy the both games of the same genre? :shock: :eek:

I'll happily admit to my fanboy status then because unless the entire internet goes completely nuts over Fifa08 I ain't buying it.

But I will gladly shell out the $$ for the new PES without even playing it just because of the obvious improvements on the 360 version, of course there are improvements that could be made. But it's still PES, to me, the most fun football game you can get.

:cheers:

So what if he is a fanboy? :lmao:

What about the meaning of fanboy makes someone bad?

They like one game more than another and they wont buy the both games of the same genre? :shock: :eek:

I'll happily admit to my fanboy status then because unless the entire internet goes completely nuts over Fifa08 I ain't buying it.

But I will gladly shell out the $$ for the new PES without even playing it just because of the obvious improvements on the 360 version, of course there are improvements that could be made. But it's still PES, to me, the most fun football game you can get.

:cheers:

most carefree post ive seen. lol

Hi Putuco

Thanks

I think this is about what you like or what you don't. I played UCl 2006-2007 and for me it is a big pile of crap. I accept PES has lot of flaws, but for me FIFA is a complete flaw... that is the difference. Anyway it is ok, it is your right to decide about the games you like/buy. :)

The 8 way movement is becoming more of a standout issue as the fidelity of the game goes up. They need to move it up to analogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom