WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/06/07)

Nick, I totally stole your idea for an avatar. :eek:

I'll be changing it again tomorrow anyway. ;)

Last edited:

The box art that jordan posted looks very nice.

this year's box art is alright. i guess konami is helping to bring Owen back.

i still wish guys like John Terry, Thierry Henry, Totti, and Drogba were still promoting the game.

I don't mind about the cover. I rather have a grey box without any art on it if the game has all I hope for :)

Any cover will be good enough when the game will run smooth on our displays... :8):

I would of thought the game being 60hz only is a disadvantage to standard tv users, because standard tvs have both 60 and 50hz, but like my two in my room they are both 50hz only, so dont work with 60hz, so I would rather use the PS3 for the 50hz output, as otherwise wont work properly, thats what annoyed me with most of the games in 60hz only when I first got te game, they didnt show properly, got a HD one for the PS3 and 360 etc though so doesnt bother me. But then again I dont really know im just going with past experience with my standard tv with dead or alive 4 :( :)

I like the new cover, very cool for me its as good as PES5, the only reason I probably like PES5 a bit more is because its the classig, defender vs attacker, chelsea vs arsenal so theres a derby and the fact its face to face, like a show off, but is that only good for us english peeps, as im sure the other countries just see it as like oh its the premiership great. But I do like this one :D

*Edit* Actually just saw the PES5 box art again and its nice, but the font, well the Pro Evolution Soccer 5 is no where near as good as this logo, think I prefer this one now :D Sorry I do digital media and always been into the cool funky designs haha. The new logo is just more funky looking :)

Last edited:

so, is there a U.S. 360 realise date confirmed by konami so far? or will the euro version possible be free region?

Doubt region free. Why should they?

Pro Evo fans, you'll know what this is about. American fans...imagine if the rights to Madden didn't come in one all-encompassing package. Imagine if each teams kit supplier, each team, each stadium, each league, each national body and even the players association had to be signed on individually. That's an issue Pro Evo's always faced, and one they've slowly improved each season as they add more and more official teams and leagues to their roster. For the 2008 version, Konami have announced a range of new club sides and national teams, which include:

National teams: Brazil, Portugal, Greece, Scotland and Ireland

Club teams: Newcastle, Tottenham, RSC Anderlecht, HJK Helsinki, IFK Goteborg, Panathinaicos, Spartak Moscow, Fenerbache, NK Dinamo Zagreb and FC Basel

That's the good news. Bad news? No Aston Villa. That and they may have lost some teams, too. They list Juventus, AC Milan and Turin as "new licensed clubs", but in previous years the entire Italian Serie A had been licensed. Likewise, the list of copyrighted information at the foot of the press release shows that while Inter Milan, Australia, the Czech Republic, England, Japan, Korea, Argentina and the Netherlands are there, there's no mention of licensed teams from Pro Evo 6 like Barcelona or Arsenal.

Fingers crossed they just left them out, and haven't actually lost them.

Link

Is this just bullshit or are Villa not in the game at all.

I don't mind about the cover. I rather have a grey box without any art on it if the game has all I hope for :)

Yeah, me too! I don't understand why people care about the cover. A plain grey box with "Football game" written on it is enough for me.

Link

Is this just bullshit or are Villa not in the game at all.

Its BS, I was just about to post it, they clearly don't know what there talking about and should have done more research before posting it because they are misleading people.

Are you 100% sure? They seem to know what they're talking about when they say that the whole of Serie A was licensed last year, but now they only see select licenses...?

Konami

The new licensed club sides join the likes of Juventus Turin, AC Milan, Celtic, Porto and more

Kotaku

They list Juventus, AC Milan and Turin as "new licensed clubs"

Turin is not a separate team.

Last edited:

"The new licensed club sides join the likes of Juventus Turin, AC Milan, Celtic, Porto and more..."

In my opinion it means they are in the same category as....
Has nothing to do with exclusion of other Serie A teams.
At least, that is how I read it...

Thank God for that.

Where did they get the Aston Villa thing from??

Maybe dudes a Villa fan?

I don't mind much about the cover art, but there is one WE which is beautiful. The one with all the team jerseys on the cover...much more arty than a superstar....

Why pick out Aston Villa then? They weren't licensed last year, neither were 17 other Premiership clubs. There has to be a reason why he picked them out, I wonder what it is...

He's probably an Aston Villa fan.

Any word about a demo yet? Fifa 08 demo is scheduled for Sep. 13, hope we get something near there.

Last edited:

Looking at the latest PES2008 videos, I'm struggling to see what has changed since PES6. It looks like an embarassing port oF PES6 from PS2 to PS3, which is ironic as most people agree that the only place that PES6 should be ported to is the BIN.

Oh well, enjoy your shitty script....sorry, shitty game. There's something quite endearing about seeing the worst game ever released being converted, warts and all, to a next-gen platform. The beauty for Konami is that they didn't even have to make any improvements at all in the knowledge that their fanboys will buy it without question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom