WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/06/07)

Yes it's fake.

Drogba looks like he's stuck on in the French box. Konami did a much better job with the English and German boxes.

I think so. Just take a detailed look at the logos, they look poor - Konami's logo has a white border and overall the logos are huge.

is this fake?

12408.jpg

http://www.jeuxvideopc.com/news/12408-pes-2008-jaquettes-devoilees.php
Yes it's a fake, look the stadium in the back, no the same (english and german cover), old logo PES2008 etc...

Code:
“Konami has worked hard to bolster the number of licensed clubs in PES 2008, and the new additions represent a huge step forward for the series,” commented Jon Murphy, Pro Evolution Soccer Team Leader for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “We listen very closely to what people want from the series, and hope these new additions further extend PES 2008’s reputation within both die-hard football fans and newcomers alike.”

nice.. will see .. after 15-10-07

Last edited:

Drogba smiling, oh dear. Makes it look like a football training video for the under-13s! :lol: That German fella seems to be pulling a mong-face as well.

Still, it could have been worse, Drogba could have been holding his guitar!!

Packshot.jpg

French and German covers appear genuine.

UK has the best cover, much better background!

Last edited:

Thing is this English pic osn't a cover, I hope they use this image and not the gay blue sky used on the French/German boxes.

1%2BFinal.jpg

Last edited:

because i say so.

the photos are real, but the covers are fake...those arent the images of the oficial covers, those are just promotional images of the game that will be used for magazines and stuff.

New pics look awesome and for the record people should go watch gameplay videos of All Pro, graphically its a disgrace.

Well said!!!

I played it. Its appalling what a crap comparison

mybe it is, mybe it isnt, a promotional image doesnt have to be the final cover image imo.

imo at least the french cover is fake...isnt that photo of drogba the same photo of the french site where hes holding a rose? does anyone has that photo?

Last edited:

The UK shot is a Mag cover, it does look better so we will have to see I wouldn't rule out the crappy blue sky however.

konami should have given beatts the responsibility of making the cover, and if any of were making the cover what style would u go for.

ps: is djdoc banned

Why is DjDoc banned ? I nver liked him anyway but what did he do this time ?

:/

The colours look ok on the official UK cover but I wish they could have kept with the font style and floodlights from MCV magazines cover.

It might be worth noting that the game is 60Hz only (again) and that as far as I know the PS3 only outputs 50Hz in standard definition. I don't know if Konami can include the option to switch in-game.

It might not be much of a problem if they get the conversion right but for people with standard definition TVs it's probably best that they get the 360 version.

None of this matters for people with HDTVs though or anyone in America.

I don't know much about this but can someone with more knowledge let me know if I'm wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom