WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/06/07)

Looking at the latest PES2008 videos, I'm struggling to see what has changed since PES6. It looks like an embarassing port oF PES6 from PS2 to PS3, which is ironic as most people agree that the only place that PES6 should be ported to is the BIN.

Oh well, enjoy your shitty script....sorry, shitty game. There's something quite endearing about seeing the worst game ever released being converted, warts and all, to a next-gen platform. The beauty for Konami is that they didn't even have to make any improvements at all in the knowledge that their fanboys will buy it without question.

yeah, and y**r m***er s***s c**k in h**l

Looking at the latest PES2008 videos, I'm struggling to see what has changed since PES6. It looks like an embarassing port oF PES6 from PS2 to PS3, which is ironic as most people agree that the only place that PES6 should be ported to is the BIN.

Oh well, enjoy your shitty script....sorry, shitty game. There's something quite endearing about seeing the worst game ever released being converted, warts and all, to a next-gen platform. The beauty for Konami is that they didn't even have to make any improvements at all in the knowledge that their fanboys will buy it without question.

you never played the game \\:o/

That was a waste of a read, its not the worst game ever released for starters and its hardly a straight port either, fair enough the game engine hasnt been re-constructed rather manipulated... but still the PS2 engine was superb for gameplay so I dont mind at the moment, so its hardly a crap game, infact I would say, if its a straight port of PS2 the gameplay should be much better than the 360 PES6 version, which wouldnt be too bad.

Also all this script rubbish, most game has scripts, Pro Evo doesnt have much well I dont notice much as I dont really care, add a power bar for passing, I dont care I just play it :D but as people rage on about deflected balls always go to the computer, which isnt true, well what I have seen from the game anyway.

Also key thing, you are struggling to see, then obviously you wont see much change :D I can say im impressed with the facials of the new PES that alone is a nice change, the grass looks better, and the kits look a lot nicer overall too! But I havent seen it in HD on my own screen, so cant go into too much detail.

Then you say most people say to the bin, hard to believe, not many say that tbh, its easy to see you just hate the game, because you prefer an other, shame.

truth is,i gladly spend my money for a game that gives me hundreds of hours of entertainment.
if you talk about value for money it cant be beaten.
there is always room for improvement,but thats evolution.
there is no such thing as a perfect game.
if you dont like it dont buy it,easy .
thats the truth cactuz.

Yep, exactly. Buy what you want, don't buy what you don't want. No need for insults, flamewars or anything else. Do whatever makes you happy.

Although I believe the only reason he posted is because ThomasGOAL came into the FIFA 08 thread spouting how "scripted" it is. From a video. Without playing it. Which is easily going to wind some people up.

But is there any need to stoop to the same level? If its blatantly a retaliation?

Of course not. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I'm just a naturally understanding person. :p

Well atleast some do :D

*Edit* I really wanna see the edit mode, why isnt there any more info or pictures about, what are the templates how much can you do, the boots, the ball editor, surely if its new and amazing, you would want to show off some things you can do :(

Last edited:

But is there any need to stoop to the same level? If its blatantly a retaliation?

Of course there is no "need" to.

However, when the "respected Thomas" can spout forth with his biggoted, trolling arse-fodder in the FIFA thread and go unpunished, it is certainly worth seeing if anyone can reciprocate in his beloved WE/PES thread and also go unpunished.

Is it really worth it though?

I just realised watching the Pro Evo trailer, the ball movement/physics are absolutely astonishing, the ball looks perfect, the lighting, the roundness, and the texture, and the way it moves is as god, infact better as its more important, watch how when he taps the ball through his legs, the ball slightly leaves the ground, due to the force, rather than taking on the full friction of the gras to cause it to spin, it slightly skids across the grass, then on the second slight bounce, it starts to roll = perfection :D Very small detail but Konami have nailed that, which in my opinion, if the ball moves realistically then the game should play that good, well I hope haha :D

Yep, exactly. Buy what you want, don't buy what you don't want. No need for insults, flamewars or anything else. Do whatever makes you happy.

Although I believe the only reason he posted is because ThomasGOAL came into the FIFA 08 thread spouting how "scripted" it is. From a video. Without playing it. Which is easily going to wind some people up.

ThomasGoal did what? surely that can't be right, he is as level headed as they come

9/9/2007 and still no official release date WTF

I red on tiscali that Aston Villa, Arsenal and Barcelona are not included in the game ,is it correct ?

of course they are, do you believe everything you read?

I am asking, but its from the man that has got promo version of the game, and he says those teams are not included.

barcelona is even included in the trailer,so no way.
i noticed that the not licensed manchester united teamlogo was on the shirt(see playerfaces),those could always be edited,so maybe whe can edit them almost like the real ones.
its not much, but always better to see on online mode.

the spain vs brazil video on wenb really looks bad. what is the referee doing? giving someone red what should be yellow, giving them a penalty when he plays the ball... :/

the spain vs brazil video on wenb really looks bad. what is the referee doing? giving someone red what should be yellow, giving them a penalty when he plays the ball... :/

Well that's fantastic...referreeing errors happen IRL too....and by the way ...HUP SLAVIA....

Good I always hated when your running on a counter, past the 2nd from last defender, and great scoring chance, but you get cut down on purpose for a yellow, always annoyed me somewhat, but lived with it, might be a mistake, but hopefully the deliberate slide from behind, anywhere on the pitch should more than often result in a red than a yellow like ie has previously.

The penalty was a bit dodgy, but varies, like on PES6 rarely it is given, more or often its a corner, and then theres a slight chance of a goal kick :D

Guys should we expect new licenses except those announce by Konami?
I mean AEK Athens etc?

the new licenced teams so far are on the first page of this thread,aek athens is among them.
perhaps they can make more deals,more german teams would be most welcome.

Hey! Its not just his 'stupid' game, its mine aswell :D

...well, will be mine that is :)

If people here don't play PES or aren't interested in PES then why are they here other than to advertise FIFA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom