WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/04/07)

I also want this ball in PES:

adidastelstar1974synthezm7.jpg

They have had it in WE a couple of times I think, but I love the look of it. I don't understand why they can't put 100 balls in the game, it's not like they take up that much space. Just throw as many Adidas, Nike and other balls in there as they can. Especially now that we might not be able to use Kitserver.

If they won't even put blank teams in, never mind blank leagues, then they won't put more than ten or twenty balls in.

Perhaps the disc-printing factories in Japan charge them per megabyte used. :mryellow:

isnt there confirmation that the edit mode will alow to customise balls? Or am i just imagining things?

btw - not sure if i like that ball trance, as that design will make the bal just look like a black bowling ball in wide view!!!

The only picture of a nike ball in the teaser video was with Barca and Valencia (i think) - La Liga, so it may not be likely we get nike balls to use freely :(

All biggest brands are in the game for the balls, Adidas, Nike, Reebok and Puma for sure

ive read it here more then once. i bet thomas knows about it.

There has been so many rumours, like stadium editors, being able to customize stadiums during ML with different nets, stands etc. I can't even remember what is official and not anymore, and I have no idea if the balleditor was official or just BS. :)

If they won't even put blank teams in, never mind blank leagues, then they won't put more than ten or twenty balls in.

Perhaps the disc-printing factories in Japan charge them per megabyte used. :mryellow:

Yeah, they should blame that. Sounds kind of plausible actually. ;)

There has been so many rumours, like stadium editors, being able to customize stadiums during ML with different nets, stands etc. I can't even remember what is official and not anymore, and I have no idea if the balleditor was official or just BS. :)

true.

alot of BS was said. those " my contact said....":lmao:

The outside of the foot passing in that tevez goal looks so bad. And the ice skating or sliding that Crespo does is unrealistic. Not to mention the pathetic side step making it's return again. When will they tweak or remove this move. Another thing that I have yet to see on this videos are facial smiles. I seen players scream after they score, but I have yet to see a player smile after a goal. Some of them have that dull stoned look in their faces. Players smile all the time after they score goals in real life. Not all of them, but a fairly good number. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have yet to see this in the videos released. I really hope that the finished version that adam and the others played is as they said, much better.

This is the first time in many years where I am not excited about PES. Which is good, because I will not be dissappointed more than I already have been.

Last edited:

on pes-x.de someone said the demo would probably arrive 15.9, but he hasn't posted any source... :eh:

Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/03/07)

thks a lot TG for that

this is by far the best video out there on PES both in terms of image quality and gameplay

how people can keep on bitching about it is beyond me. it looks to me konami has finally done a good job for the first time since 2003 (yes, I'm still playing with Winning Eleven 7 patched, which so far remains by far the best simulation ever created by Konami)

I think we are back in business (i.e. a real simulation), no more arcady games like PES 4 and 6 even if I still have some doubts about goalkeepers skills

I only wish gameplay was a little bit slower (we will probably see that with WE11) and the option back in to play with no f@cking radar around. Am I asking too much???

thks a lot TG for that

this is by far the best video out there on PES both in terms of image quality and gameplay

how people can keep on bitching about it is beyond me. it looks to me konami has finally done a good job for the first time since 2003 (yes, I'm still playing with Winning Eleven 7 patched, which so far remains by far the best simulation ever created by Konami)

I think we are back in business (i.e. a real simulation), no more arcady games like PES 4 and 6 even if I still have some doubts about goalkeepers skills

I only wish gameplay was a little bit slower (we will probably see that with WE11) and the option back in to play with no f@cking radar around. Am I asking too much???

It's ironic that your pointing out the "bitching" of others when you yourself are doing just that, in a nicer way. ;-)

Very contradicting I might add.

The outside of the foot passing in that tevez goal looks so bad. And the ice skating or sliding that Crespo does is unrealistic. Not to mention the pathetic side step making it's return again. When will they tweak or remove this move.

Totally agree with you. How much of this will actually be fixed for the final release though? When will we see this "later build" that the guys at WENB and others talk about.

It's ironic that your pointing out the "bitching" of others when you yourself are doing just that, in a nicer way. ;-)

Very contradicting I might add.

jflores, the tone of your previous post was quite negative on the game. mine was very positive except for 2 small remarks in the end. there is a big difference

I understand your frustration. I've been very frustrated myself with konamy for 4 years (since 2003) but I think this time around they are back on the right track (i.e. a realistic simulation. for instance, look at how many passes it takes before u can have a clear chance to score. no more "3 passes and shoot" as in PES6) and I'm pleased with that. the issues u mention (e.g. outside foot passing) are all minor problems to me vs the fact we finally have again a simulation

Is it just me or does anybody else also think that the way the players turn just looks totally wrong. This has been IMO a problem in the WE series for a long time. Guess I was hoping they'd fix it for this game.

jflores, the tone of your previous post was quite negative on the game. mine was very positive except for 2 small remarks in the end. there is a big difference

I understand your frustration. I've been very frustrated myself with konamy for 4 years (since 2003) but I think this time around they are back on the right track (i.e. a realistic simulation. for instance, look at how many passes it takes before u can have a clear chance to score. no more "3 passes and shoot" as in PES6) and I'm pleased with that. the issues u mention (e.g. outside foot passing) are all minor problems to me vs the fact we finally have again a simulation

Fair enough. Understand your frustrations as well. I will give the game a shot and play it for what it's worth, and hopefully the goods will outweigh the bads and make my purchase justice.

I'll see you online?

I'll see you online?

of course

I'm sure we will all like the game in the end. Probably expectations were too high, as most people were already expecting a full Next Gen game with all the bugs fixed.... it will take a couple of years for that as it was with PS2

still.... from the videos I cannot see FIFA having any chance of competing with WE in terms of gameplay (I still have to see a TRUE-REAL dribbling in FIFA videos, not to mention those ridicolous floating crosses)

That does not look good. I am probably going to skip this one and wait for Winning Eleven 11, or maybe till next year. Just venting my personal disappointment here. This is how I feel. Perhaps someone else can get a kick out of it, and if it turns out to be better then expected..after all this is from an unfinished product.. then perhaps I will change my mind.

Why do I feel like this? Animations look dull and stiff. Some are rather good, but most seems to be worse then last gen, especially the running animation. Gameplay seems boring and predictable if you've played this game to death. And there is a lack of sensation when scoring a goal. The crowd starts cheering two second after it hits the net instead of louder and louder starting from the point Tevez has a go at it. Those are just a few points.

I don't know what to think, I'm very confused, when I see the gameplay vids of PES2008 it looks horrible and arcadey, but when I watch the official movie(XBL one) it looks so awesome. Gonna have to wait and play it for myself before I pass judgement. That's the only way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom