WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/04/07)

Lmao, you'll probably get booked for that on PESFan. And the thread will be closed.

:p

Lmao, you'll probably get booked for that on PESFan. And the thread will be closed.

:p

Yeah, after all they should spend their time submitting suggestions about how the game can exploit sixaxis to pick up a trophy... ;)

Cool, I also play with the Original Xbox controller on my PC. Yeah, the black button is a little awkward, but I have equal problems with a PS2 layout since I am not confortable using two fingers on R1 and R2 (I usually juist use my index finger to work both buttons at the same time, but if they are spaced far apart it can get tricky aswell.

Also, PES6 had a Longpass + R2 function for making longpasses higher and potentially longer. Also hard to use like controlled shot. I could use it on the Xbox controller, but it required some finger dexterity. :)

I've tried other controllers, but the original xbox controller is what I'm used too. With PES2008 I'm going to convert to xbox 360 controller because I will play it alot on xbox 360 when my friends are over (my PC too often f**** up when having lots of controllers connected).

The xbox 360 controller isn't perfect either, but I guess I will get used to it.

Never used the R2+long pass, but I usually keep my game on the ground anyway. :)

after all this videos, i´m still worried with your teammates AI...
watching this videos only looking at the radar, i see that´s impossible one of the your forwards open for one wing...
this is so unrealistic...
it reminds me the old times in fifa where your player only move forward and back, never around the pitch like in real soccer...
when i remember in WE7 where you strikers all the time trying to open space for a proper pass... it was so much more variaty in the gameplay...
much more fun...

after all this videos, i´m still worried with your teammates AI...
watching this videos only looking at the radar, i see that´s impossible one of the your forwards open for one wing...
this is so unrealistic...
it reminds me the old times in fifa where your player only move forward and back, never around the pitch like in real soccer...
when i remember in WE7 where you strikers all the time trying to open space for a proper pass... it was so much more variaty in the gameplay...
much more fun...

I suppose we could hope that the videos sen so far were mostly teams with formations that didn't try hard to push down the wings or such. Maybe if we setup the formations just right the players will know what to do when a situation comes. Hopefully. :)

Trance Allstar

I agree. If u fix the formation and players' defence and offence attitude, things should improve

still.... mcruz made an important point. WE7 was an absolute masterpiece in terms of fantasy of gameplay that seems lost forever. and that's a real shame. I remember back in 2003 when WE7 came out u could find plenty of people on this forum at any time, even at 3-4am. we were just crazy about that game. that magic of "pure simulation" seems lost unfortunately since then, even if for the first time in 4 years there is some light out there with this new episode

Trance Allstar

I agree. If u fix the formation and players' defence and offence attitude, things should improve

still.... mcruz made an important point. WE7 was an absolute masterpiece in terms of fantasy of gameplay that seems lost forever. and that's a real shame. I remember back in 2003 when WE7 came out u could find plenty of people on this forum at any time, even at 3-4am. we were just crazy about that game. that magic of "pure simulation" seems lost unfortunately since then, even if for the first time in 4 years there is some light out there with this new episode

i remember that!!!
WE7 was magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
amazing simulation game....
i agree that using the formation options things get veeeeery better...
i always use the 3 formations...
always moving the offensive players in different positions!!
this give me much more realism and fun in the game...
but i admit that i would like to see more variety in moviment of the players without the ball in this videos...

For those who are used to the old xbox controller you will find the 360 pad a lot easier and nicer to use.

sry but thats totaly BS,the 360 pad is extreemly bad with PES
I get cramp in my hands

WE7 is not the version where you dribble a player with Shevchenko and 10 meters ahead you have the same player reaching at you? That is realism... oh yeah...
Also, is that the version when you tackle a player from a side and you get red card? Pure realism...
That does not mean it was terrible, but all the games have flaws...

I've noticed that Konami are appearing at the Games Convention Asia 2007 in Singapore, from 6-9 September.It's possible we'll see some more pes 2008 info come our way during the event.

sry but thats totaly BS,the 360 pad is extreemly bad with PES
I get cramp in my hands
The PS3 controller is the same for me, it cripples my fingers.

I'll have to get used to it though, I'll spend a lot of time playing PES with that controller.

It's funny because I was fine with the PS2 controller and they are almost the same. :roll:

Great...On that Ronaldo video in the WENB site, his feet doesn't even touch the ball when he executes that move. In fact, it never touches his feet in that whole video. Also, at 00:23, he skates to the ball.

Oh well, good thing it's only a half finished demo. Sure, we won't see this in the final copy.

Why is your post so extremely boring????
It's people's right to be disappointed or to be negative...but why does it always have to be in a such boring way????

Why is it supposed not to be boring, I don’t understand, dose it really fucking matter that much for you? Sorry but you are so lame and stupid, if you don’t like my posts don’t fucking read it, it’s that simple retard

I've noticed that Konami are appearing at the Games Convention Asia 2007 in Singapore, from 6-9 September.It's possible we'll see some more pes 2008 info come our way during the event.

I'm going to that either tomorrow or Saturday :)

445.jpg

WINNING ELEVEN PES 2008
• brand-new propaganda fragment exposure
• the Austria cloud, brightly takes the pasture slave ball to be able to be comparable to

Why is it supposed not to be boring, I don’t understand, dose it really fucking matter that much for you? Sorry but you are so lame and stupid, if you don’t like my posts don’t fucking read it, it’s that simple retard
its obvious you dont understand

I'll try to explain myself...
Coming on an internet forum is supposed to be fun (or isn't it...you can contradict me).
Keeping that in mind it's always positive if you can put your arguments in a funny or at least attractive way...i took you post as an example of how not to bring an attractive message...i wasn't trying condemn you or making fun of you (i mentioned that it wasn't meant to be personal...if it was i'm very sorry).
And then there is your kind suggestion to "don't fucking read" your posts...i'm afraid that is impossible:

1 i have nothing against you
2 like i said it wasn't directed at you personally or at your postings...i was just saying that there are much more boring posts in general (this is also a fairly boring post, so i'm guilty myself too)...
3 you don't know if a post is boring or not unless you read it.

Furthermore i shall ignore the unpleasant undertone of your reply...i guess everybody has the rigth to have a bad day...

Like i already said: no hard feelings.

And to the rest of the forum: sorry to be off-topic and also sorry to have caused this unpleasant postings...

So the Japanese version is called Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2008?

Seems similar to what they did in America for PES6 (WEPES2007) before they removed the "Winning Eleven" bit completely.

So the Japanese version is called Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2008?

Seems similar to what they did in America for PES6 (WEPES2007) before they removed the "Winning Eleven" bit completely.

Sounds like a bridge to the unification

Forget GmeStation, it's just a copy past of internet informations

WINNING ELEVEN PES 2008
• brand-new propaganda fragment exposure
• the Austria cloud, brightly takes the pasture slave ball to be able to be comparable to
I'm presuming the first line ("propaganda fragment exposure") means details of rumours (i.e. they don't have any actual information), and the second line... Well, fuck knows. As Thomas says, they just copy and paste from the internet.

Gutted that they're still making two versions though, I thought it was going to be one per year from now on (meaning more gameplay developments rather than having to stop and start each year to accomodate for different titles). I'm not buying PES2008 if a better game is a few months around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom