WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/06/07)

hopefully their will be a good editor to fix the little problem with the danish national team kit. Great pictures!!!

Malo.... who are you to dictate what people can and cant post? if cammey wants to talk about untucked shirts let him...its a forum is it not?

Plus when someone bigs up the PS3 over a PC (which in my opinion is ridiculous!) im entitled to say what I think. If you dont like it hit the ignore button.

Malo.... who are you to dictate what people can and cant post? if cammey wants to talk about untucked shirts let him...its a forum is it not?
Malo was merely reiterating my post, thus he agrees, so technically I was the one "dictating" whether or not cammeyboy can talk about it. I'm not saying he can't talk about shirts - just requesting that he stops posting identical comments about the subject.

Plus when someone bigs up the PS3 over a PC (which in my opinion is ridiculous!) im entitled to say what I think. If you dont like it hit the ignore button.
What part of thinking a PS3 or 360 is better than a PC is ridiculous? In terms of the all-round package, then yes. As a format for playing games, not at all. Of course you are entitled to your opinion but you continually refer to someone as a fanboy.

"Oh, I prefer McDonald's to Wimpy". "FANBOY!".

You see this is 1 of the reasons why I dislike this forum. I again get warned for things and told off yet others do things like that or give me a hard time about nothing and they get away with it?

Perhaps CW should delete my account and ill follow Kenny M out of the exit door?

You see this is 1 of the reasons why I dislike this forum. I again get warned for things and told off yet others do things like that or give me a hard time about nothing and they get away with it?

Perhaps CW should delete my account and ill follow Kenny M out of the exit door?

I'm not gonna warn you about anything you've said so, within reason, you can say what you like to me.

BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!!!

Sorry I got inspired to save the world by defeating evil with good.

I'll get my coat.

I can't believe they've got a real face for Craig Gordon. That's madness! But I suppose they will have faces for most of the players in the licenced national teams. Hope that means they've got Eduardo da Silva :D

Hang about I was only asking because in all the latest shots there is no sign of them. (Shirts untucked).

I'm not on the wind up I just wanted some proof. :(

I have to say that I fully support Jack, djdoc, nick and others who are not afraid of raising a critic point of view even though they do know it will get them flamed.

These men all talk truth and sense, and ironically, this makes many feel uncomfortable and angry. Same as when I said that IMO the 2008 version would be similar to the x360 and that in terms of gameplay, it was the best version to date.... All flaming and hard feelings.

Well I'm not gonna stop posting my thoughts about a game even though I know I will upset many people here who just prefer to swallow all of Konami's stu*idities just because it's Konami, god and maker of their beloved game, which is at the same time full of weirdnesses and stu*idities to complain about OR swallow and defend against all reason principles.

...And yes, I know, "I have to go out and buy FIFA" this year as many others who show a critic point of view, thanks.

Last edited:

Everyone's a critic on here, it's just annoying that djdoc bangs on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about the same bloody points!

I have to say that I fully support Jack, djdoc, nick and others who are not afraid of raising a critic point of view even though they do know it will get them flamed.

These men all talk truth and sense, and ironically, this makes many feel uncomfortable and angry. Same as when I said that IMO the 2008 version would be similar to the x360 and that in terms of gameplay, it was the best version to date.... All flaming and hard feelings.

Well I'm not gonna stop posting my thoughts about a game even though I know I will upset many people here who just prefer to swallow all of Konami's stu*idities just because it's Konami, god and maker of their beloved game, which is at the same time full of weirdnesses and stu*idities to complain about OR swallow and defend against all reason principles.

...And yes, I know, "I have to go out and buy FIFA" this year as many others who show a critic point of view, thanks.

Free your mind my friend! Free it!

We can agree to disagree.

My take is that if PES2008 makes some folks happy, HALLELUYAH!
And if it makes others unhappy, WOE to them.

My point is, you can and will never be able to please everyone.

I will be buying both games, and will enjoy each of them for what they bring to the table.

I'm going to GCA tomorrow, sadly Konami are not showing PES, they're only showing Wii games :(

At least I get to try Fifa08 though, yay :)

Can't remember if I posted that in here or not......

jflores, I will of course be buying both games mate, besides the fact that I like them both in their respective areas, having both games is the only thing that may make you unbiased. But to be more precise with your post, my point is: I respect people who are happy with whatever Konami throws at them... Why can't I have the same right to show my unhappiness and why do I only deserve a good ol' flaming?

re:nick's comment, I agree with you that it is maybe bangin' on the same bloody points, but there was someone before that stated the xxx version is much better than the YYY version... If this is not provoking yet another console war, then what?

Plus, It is much more off-topic to speak about platform differences than making comparisons with other football games if you ask me, but I have seen little or no efforts to stop some biased posts on the subject in this thread.

I'm really impressed with the pictures of Michael Owen and Craig Gordon, the likeness and facial expressions are bang on!

I definately don't agree with flaming or calling people fanboys.

But certain posters have a tendency to really annoy because they seem to not read what others write.

We have seen untucked shirts in Leipzig videos. I don't know what is "dogdy" about them, they are untucked.

Obviously we can't just magically present new pictures that show the untucked shirts. But since the latest pictures show untucked shirts in the game, why would you continue to claim "they won't be in", and also put your hands over your ears when again and again someone points out that untucked shirts were visible.

Unless you have insider info, why would you assume they won't be in the final version. At the very least it is 50-50 (in reality it is hugely in favor of being in since we have seen pictures of it already). Why act like you are sure about it? It just seems bitchy and defiant for the sake of acting like a child.

No disrespect, but from my point of view it is understandable that people get upset, and I would be surprised if the reason for that has completely escaped the poster aswell.

Last edited:

I can't believe they've got a real face for Craig Gordon. That's madness! But I suppose they will have faces for most of the players in the licenced national teams. Hope that means they've got Eduardo da Silva :D

It doesn't look like Gordon at all :-s
Plus he always wears short sleeves.

Everyone's a critic on here, it's just annoying that djdoc bangs on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about the same bloody points!

Exactly. You can said it louder, but not clearer... thanks for explaining what I feel also.

sunwong, all people here has the right to complain but please base your complaints around something solid, like Jack does, for an example. He does not need to flame or bash if anyone likes the game, although he probably won't buy it. DJ goes around the same all over again (fanboyism, etc.). I think that at this point all the forum already know that he has an X360 and he wants all the versions the same.

And about cammeyboy :lmao: I think he is bored and want to mess the thread a bit :lol: :lmao: because even if we had not seen videos of players with untucked shirts, who cares anyway? :lmao:

Its getting worse and worse, but fanboy this fan boy that, its a joke, you claim you dont like this forum anymore, I dont really care, but tbh I love this forum, its got good banter good info, and great people, but you go on, was it you who said what is the scotland keeper doing out that far? Common sense someone already mentioned triangle allows you to bring the keeper out that far duh! Trying to stir something with the PES AI probably.

Untucked shirts are in the game, and about he guy who wears short sleeves all the time, just edit it, I really doubt the konami researches spend a full season watch that many players to see if they wear long socks, short socks, tape, gloves when its cold, long sleeves blah blah.

And finally the pictures are absolutely lovely cant wait, i think the cartoony look comes from the vibrant cartoony colours actually, the greece pic looks real because of the duller lifelike colours, but we wanted more vibrant colour palette and we got that, maybe it should be like less bright, but similar colour, cant explain it, looks amazing still, and the ball I believe looks perfect.

Who on earth is the Spurs player in the background?

Could be Bale I guess, but it looks nothing like him

The spurs player in the background looks a lot like Berbatov me.

Nice to meet you guys. I sense extra tension in the posts this year! Everybody is anxious for te game. If you ask me, Winning Eleven 5(first WE for PS2) had a lot of problems in it and I hope since this is the first(or technically second game for 360) PES on Next Generation that history does not repeat itself. However, I have a feeling that PES 2009 will be the game were they really get it together.

Who on earth is the Spurs player in the background?

Could be Bale I guess, but it looks nothing like him

The spurs player in the background looks a lot like Berbatov me.

Nice to meet you guys. I sense extra tension in the posts this year! Everybody is anxious for te game. If you ask me, Winning Eleven 5(first WE for PS2) had a lot of problems in it and I hope since this is the first(or technically second game for 360) PES on Next Generation that history does not repeat itself. However, I have a feeling that PES 2009 will be the game were they really get it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom