WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/04/07)

Why the auto side stepping is in the game?
Why still only 8 direction movement?
Why no more international teams?
Why no 2vs2 online?
Why same old master league?
why konami sucks?

Is it official there is auto side step? Because I can't tell from the vids. It doesn't really look like it.

I don't know why but I've completely forgotten how the build ups have been like for the previous games.

For some reason I think people were much more expectant for PES3, 4 and 5 than they have been for 2008.

Perhaps my brain's a bit melted but it seems as if a lot of people are somewhat passive, myself included to a certain extent, to the game. Oh I dunno. I've previously tried to keep my finger on the pulse to a certain extent without entering the circle of evo-web discussion thread posters. I already knew that places like these are like bad brothels but I got dragged in anyway.

AND NOW LOOK

you have infected me with your std's of not being all that bothered over little PES foibles, your general apathy for all things living or john stead.

Oh well, roll on tomorrow. Another sun, another smile : )

if its pes 6 with high res textures and better models is ok for me.

but please, no auto-sidesteping.

I don't know why but I've completely forgotten how the build ups have been like for the previous games.

For some reason I think people were much more expectant for PES3, 4 and 5 than they have been for 2008.

Perhaps my brain's a bit melted but it seems as if a lot of people are somewhat passive, myself included to a certain extent, to the game. Oh I dunno. I've previously tried to keep my finger on the pulse to a certain extent without entering the circle of evo-web discussion thread posters. I already knew that places like these are like bad brothels but I got dragged in anyway.

AND NOW LOOK

you have infected me with your std's of not being all that bothered over little PES foibles, your general apathy for all things living or john stead.

Oh well, roll on tomorrow. Another sun, another smile : )

Er....yeah

I have only two things to blame konami...two small details...

it's too hard to put a coin toss at the begining so we can select field or kick off?? (even iss from snes had this feature.. it's not so real always to start as p1 at the left , with the kick off and p2 starting at the right side )

and penalties are the same crap..

apart from these .. pes2008 will rock!!
cheers

Also for anyone who's played it

What are fouls like? I've seen a few in the vids that make it seem the refs are too strict like in previous versions. What do you think?

Er....yeah

yus?

/_
__

It all makes sense.

Much more than the millions of letters and gobble de gook written so far that no one will remember this time next year. We are contributing to a black hole. Our thoughts and feelings will be recorded but not viewed by anyone, ever.

How depressing

:'[

what i want to know is if we edit stadium or players for example are we able to use that online? or does it go back to default? anyone know if we can edit the nets? cheers

IM BACK! tho im sure no-one remembers me, just read on a plethora of news from WENB and ive gotta say pes2008 is shaping up nicely, a huge vote of praise for the WENB team for great work!

Because im not going to read 50 pages of evo-web (because ive a feeling 49 of those are bitching) could someone answer me 1 question, are people happy with evo or am i alone in feeling really really excited?

IM BACK! tho im sure no-one remembers me, just read on a plethora of news from WENB and ive gotta say pes2008 is shaping up nicely, a huge vote of praise for the WENB team for great work!

Because im not going to read 50 pages of evo-web (because ive a feeling 49 of those are bitching) could someone answer me 1 question, are people happy with evo or am i alone in feeling really really excited?

some are happy but a lot are dissapointed, more than usual

I see, just listened to the WENB podcast, they seem pretty upbeat, at least about the versions they have seen which the public havent thats a positive at least

Why no 2vs2 online?
why konami sucks?

Is it official there is auto side step? Because I can't tell from the vids. It doesn't really look like it.

No, it's not the same as PES5. You can see players turning normally 90 degrees alot aswell. The sidestepping occurs sometimes automatically when appropriate to the situation, or when you hold R2 and turn. This eas one of my fears aswell but it seems the animations when turning are less robitic and more versatile, players sidestepping slightly sometimes but most times doing normal turns.

Why no 2vs2 online?
why konami sucks?

Why is your post so extremely boring????
It's people's right to be disappointed or to be negative...but why does it always have to be in a such boring way???? Don't take it personal, there are zillions of boring posts like the one i quote in this thread...

Why does it seem impossible to moan without a litle bit of style (or arguments without having a post that is tirelessly long and even more boring)???

Sure enough be critical about Konami and the upcoming game, they deserve it (just think about the virtually unchanged ML...) but why does it have to be dull and boring...it's only a game...don't sound like some fucking spoiled brat...

And once again, don't take it personally unevilized...no hard feelings but an immense sense of boredom. All those wasted words...

If people could be this passionate about poverty and starvation...ah well...i'm an old man and becoming as dull and boring as...cheerio!!!!

Seabass for president...in San Marino!!!!!

I loved auto-sidesteping in PES5. One of the things i missed in PES6. But I can live with both...

Hehe, well, since you can do it manually with R2 + Sidestep, I prefer having the choise myself. if you like sidestepping, you can just use R2 all the time. ;)

I'm looking forward to this game.

I know I've been harking on about multiplayer master league.
but I'm sure konami will get round to doing this.

At the end of the day this is the best football game to play.
I'm keen on the 360 version at the moment due to being used to the 360 controller. (B:lmao:ig Hands)

About animations...

When I look at the players running I see them like ostrich (struthio camelus)

:D

Hehe, well, since you can do it manually with R2 + Sidestep, I prefer having the choise myself. if you like sidestepping, you can just use R2 all the time. ;)

Well, yeah, but I have always played with a original xbox controller, and using black button all the time for sidestepping is a little awkward. But now I will play with xbox 360 controller, so I guess it will feel much better then. Finally I can use the R2+shoot also (black button + shoot is damn difficult!).

Well, yeah, but I have always played with a original xbox controller, and using black button all the time for sidestepping is a little awkward. But now I will play with xbox 360 controller, so I guess it will feel much better then. Finally I can use the R2+shoot also (black button + shoot is damn difficult!).

Cool, I also play with the Original Xbox controller on my PC. Yeah, the black button is a little awkward, but I have equal problems with a PS2 layout since I am not confortable using two fingers on R1 and R2 (I usually juist use my index finger to work both buttons at the same time, but if they are spaced far apart it can get tricky aswell.

Also, PES6 had a Longpass + R2 function for making longpasses higher and potentially longer. Also hard to use like controlled shot. I could use it on the Xbox controller, but it required some finger dexterity. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom