WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/03/07)

dj,

I read somewhere that Konami PR staff stated that a demo will be available prior to release this time...

I bet that It will appear on XBL in a couple weeks.

...I also bet the ball will still be on rails... dammit.

Edit: @WENB team, could u please just confirm if the ball physics have changed since Leipzig on that final version u have already played?

Last edited:

Not perfect but understandable ;).

2.jpg
THIS IS MY GAME !
PES is your game... so show it ! How and why do you like PES ?
Create your own PES film or ad.. and show to the community what's PES for you !
Ideas : How you play, your PES games collection, your formations...

CHANTS AND DANCES
You like dancing or singing ? Alone or with your friens and band ? It's time to reveal the community your dance or song about PES.
Ideas : Songs, Dances, Fans Chants, DJ Mix, Goal celebrations.

FREESTYLE
Besides being a PES champion, you think you're the prince of spectacular juggling and of the most technical dribbles. Show us !
Ideas : Alone or not, with a ball or any other object...

PES MODE
PES is a brand that we like, respect and exhibit !! But will you do it the way we do it in *** ?
Ideas : Tattoo, tag, haircup, makeup, clothes, car tuning...

MISS PES
You are a young girl or woman, a PES or football fan... or you would like to offer a nice gift to your boyfriend ?
A touch of sweetness in the world of football fans... PES is looking for its miss... and the funniest may be the winner.
Ideas : Photo or video, not especially sexy, fun is enough !

PES CORNER
Every year, our retailers and partners organize brillant PES corners, always as spectacular as qualitative... From the opening day, organize the best PES corner, immortalize it by showing it to the community.
Ideas : Every good retaillers selling PES 2008

TOP BUT
After the success of the first contest TOP BUT for PES 6, it will be necessary to be very good and creative in order to stand out from the crowd. From the opening, send your most beautiful goal(s)... and win the console or gift you don't already own.
Ideas : Note that this year, the video quality is a criteria.

PES FAMILY
Your parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, boyfriend or girlfriend know your passion for PES... But do you know that they can help you ? Will you gather a maximum of people for the biggest PES fans photo ??
Ideas : Family photo, PES fans photo, your football team, firemen, referees...

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/pes+2008/video/x2w9vy_pro-evolution-soccer-2008-exclu-gc_news

great video showing :

5:18 new substitution animation

6:23 new penalty kick view

Thanks fozan!

Like the sub animation. nice touch with the hand slapping and hugs!
wonder if the player kicks the water botles if they are not happy or losing when they come off?

Seems to look better in gameplay to previous vids. Maybe the players are not running into each as much other like previous vids and actualy passing more than 2-3 passes at a time etc.

Bit disappointed with the penalty kick view tbh. I thought the camera was going to be behing and above the goal, not actually in the goal to the side.

Last edited:

Thanks fozan!

Like the sub animation. nice touch with the hand slapping and hugs!
wonder if the player kicks the water botles if they are not happy or losing when they come off?

Seems to look better in gameplay to previous vids. Maybe the players are not runing each as much other like previous vids and actualy passing etc.

Bit disappointed with the penalty kick view tbh. I thought the camera was going to be behing and above the goal, not actually in the goal to the side.

Yeah, the view is kinda boring. It has been talked about as something that would atleast constitute a "change", but it doesn't make a difference. The camera obviously still changes to the normal view when the shot is taken.

It would have been better imo to have some cinematic views of the goalkeeper and the penalty takers faces zoomed in to build some tension (like in real life).

Also, a comment on WENB stated a demo might be out within 7 days. Check their site for an official post about it.

Also, a comment on WENB stated a demo might be out within 7 days. Check their site for an official post about it.

Thanks but its fake post! shame!

Trance, looks like PES will be favouring d pad control for at least 1 more year. I keep reading other info that it is best playedf with D pad, but I cant play with d pad!!!
Lets hope Seabass susses out 360 control for PES2009!

Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/04/07)

Isnt that a fake post though?

The substitution cut-scene is fantastic. Small things like that add a lot to the atmosphere in my humble opinion. I really can't wait for this to get released! Roll on October!

Yeah it's fake, I didn't consider that Adam's posts would have his name in blue when he is signed in. Ohh well...

Thanks but its fake post! shame!

Trance, looks like PES will be favouring d pad control for at least 1 more year. I keep reading other info that it is best playedf with D pad, but I cant play with d pad!!!
Lets hope Seabass susses out 360 control for PES2009!

Yeah, I think it is a shame. I play with the analog constantly, and tbh I don't find it to be inferior to the d-pad in most cases. Obviously for the Matthwes Feint it is very tricky, since the tricks neds such a quick movement. If they redesigned the tricks and such to be performed with the analog that would be great.

But I obviously hope they from now till the next release focus entirely on adapting the engine and controls to analog controls, not just try to half-ass it in there like they have with the Manual Pass on the right analog stick.

I like the goalkeeper view could be a bit better but meh, like a more central overhead view but still its not as boring as before, its different :D You actually see the taker and how he is gonna kick it :D Unless you want something like this for penalties only:

I can see it now, the kicker puts the ball down, the sun glimmers of the ball, the camera slowly fades away from the ball and you can see glimpse of the surrounding players, more importantly the penalty taker, you notice his body action is slightly tense, sweat is slowly moving down his head, and he stands awaiting the whistle, the camera moves behind the keeper and shows his movements eagerly awaiting the ball to be struck, camera zooms to kickers face then to keepers, its a duel, eyes deadlocked, ohh the rivalry and anticipation, end it now, whistle blows, normal animation for kicking, shot goes in, kick-off.

Actually that would be pretty cool, overdramatic though, something from Goal 2 or summin lol!

Last edited:

I like the goalkeeper view could be a bit better but meh, like a more central overhead view but still its not as boring as before, its different :D You actually see the taker and how he is gonna kick it :D Unless you want something like this for penalties only:

I can see it now, the kicker puts the ball down, the sun glimmers of the ball, the camera slowly fades away from the ball and you can see glimpse of the surrounding players, more importantly the penalty taker, you notice his body action is slightly tense, sweat is slowly moving down his head, and he stands awaiting the whistle, the camera moves behind the keeper and shows his movements eagerly awaiting the ball to be struck, camera zooms to kickers face then to keepers, its a duel, eyes deadlocked, ohh the rivalry and anticipation, end it now, whistle blows, normal animation for kicking, shot goes in, kick-off.

Actually that would be pretty cool, overdramatic though, something from Goal 2 or summin lol!

Maybe slightly dramatic hehe. Nice tho. ;)

I would just settle for something realistic. Nothing fancy or anything. :)

LOL I agree the penalties atmosphere should heighten especially in important circumstances, as if ur 3-0 down and get a penalty last min, no one really cares, but if its like last min of extra time, there should be major atmosphere, loads of camera work, watching the player put the ball down, then pan out from the player look at the keeper watch him, pace across the line then place himself in the middle, then go to the ref blow his whistle back to the action, and possibly slow mo, while the kicker runs up then slowly speeds up or something, if its a save or goal, celebrations should be wild aswell! Especially for the win!

England if they won on penalty competition for world cup they should all be like this aint real, no way have we won, or the game should crash one of the two :D

In all the videos I have seen the ref is standing completely still for at least 4 or 5 seconds before kick-off which is really annoying. How many refs do that? None. They are busy checking their pockets for the cards, talking to linesmen, pulling up their shorts to ridiculous heights and general faffing about. I hope it's been sorted by the time it gets released.

I just can't believe the games testers didn't react to it. It's so unrealistic.

Would be good if you can move the keeper before the penalty kick is taken like in real life. That would add a lot of realism to the penalty kick department and also you can save more penalties (Palop style).

;) im not really into it because for the goalkeeper its a bit dodgy :S especially given the goalkeeper in that instance was the player not the cpu

I dont really mind about the ref, its not that important and its ok if he is standing there to be fair, cause you can go on and say the players dont just stand still they are talking at the kick off spot, be nice to see the ref check his watch and blow the whistle and thats about it.

And penalties need a power bar, side foot shot, power shot and chip shot then also the keepers should have a feint dive to each side, and be able to move across their line, or wiggle on the line to put off the player etc. I think the goalkeepers should have different stances for penalties aswell!

Did anyone notice in one of the vids, the ref gave Henry a yellow card whilst still in the same view. No cut to a zoom in of the ref and Henry or anything he just has an animation of blowing the whistle and then he ran over to Henry and pulled a card out. Brilliant.

Did anyone notice in one of the vids, the ref gave Henry a yellow card whilst still in the same view. No cut to a zoom in of the ref and Henry or anything he just has an animation of blowing the whistle and then he ran over to Henry and pulled a card out. Brilliant.

Yeah, they reworked the camera system to be more realistic. A good change, feels less like a well-scripted game and more like a real director handling a real broadcast.

Also I agree that penalties need powerbar and different shot types, and goalkeepers need to be movable along the line incase you might want to move early to try and save a shot. There is so much room fro imrpvement there it's not even funny. It would probably take KONAMI 3 years just for those changes.

Last edited:

samba2,

was just an excuse to post that stupid image of Drogba alongside a nike ball... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom