WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/03/07)

Don't think this has been posted yet, but the direct-feed trailer is online at gametrailers. :) I'd say it looks and sounds amazing, better crowd noises , better looking pitches.

Trailer Standard Def: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24440.html
Trailer High Def: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24439.html

though I still can't understand why Konami is using bad encoded films again. Why make a HD trailer if you're going to compress it...

Don't think this has been posted yet, but the direct-feed trailer is online at gametrailers. :) I'd say it looks and sounds amazing, better crowd noises , better looking pitches.

Trailer Standard Def: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24440.html
Trailer High Def: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24439.html

though I still can't understand why Konami is using bad encoded films again. Why make a HD trailer if you're going to compress it...

That has got me excited again, superb quality throughout.

Sorry to be a pain.

I have asked before but no reply:(

Does anyone know if there are weather effects in PES2008???

I refer to the buttons on 360 as L1, L2, R1 and R2. I think the "LB, LT, RB and RT" names are stupid. Don't know why, just can't get used to saying "press right trigger" rather than "press R2", sounds ridiculous (and long-arsed) to me. Doesn't mean he's a liar, he could have made some outrageous statements if he was.

I even refer to the buttons as :triangle:, :circle:, :x: and :square: actually, which confuses my colour-blind nephew. "QUICK PRESS RED, I MEAN CIRCLE, I MEAN... Shit, I have no idea what the letter is, sorry, you're dead now anyway."

I do the exact same thing. The PS2 controller in inprinted on my brain, I can't change it now. :)

Sorry to be a pain.

I have asked before but no reply:(

Does anyone know if there are weather effects in PES2008???

first page...

- Watermarks from sweat and rain appear on the player as the game continues.

Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

Not in my opinion he doesn't.

In my opinion he does, when one starts off with 'I don't mean to sound like........' guess what that is what they sound like, also he goes on to allude to the fact that becuase professional footballers play PES it must be a good game, because it was they do for a living, well it is a known fact that Ronaldinho plays Fifa so I guess he knows nothing about football, then he says he knows Fifa will not be good this year, erm thats fanboy 101 how can you know PES or Fifa will not be good without playing them? but I guess we have to stay civil as long as we praise PES and bash Fifa, right, mod?

Thomas, thanks for the reply, but do you have any more info about the weather as I have heard from various other peeps that its not in the game?

Thomas, thanks for the reply, but do you have any more info about the weather as I have heard from various other peeps that its not in the game?

you should wait for "pro evolution soccer/weather edition" :D

has anyone here played the final PS3 version yet?

That trailer looks awesome in HD!! I love the bit where Owen is Celebrating with the Subs warming up! that is excellent! cant wait for October now!

Haha the end of the GameTrailer's trailer (:)), theres about 45 players in the wall!

Only disrespectful or offensive posts get deleted. Yours must of upset someone thats why it was deleted.

Saying we praise Konami too much is laughable, do you even listen to our podcasts or read our stuff? Suff mentioned how he wanted to attack Konami after seeing the game for the first time at Leipzig!

Luckily enough Ive played the final version, if we're praising the game then its for a reason. I know 99% of people appreciate us talking about the later version as it makes them realise a better version is coming.

We'll critisize them when they do something wrong, and praise them when they do something right. Sounds fair to me.

PS3 version?

The lyrics themselves are slightly cheesy, i wanna quit my job to kick it if im not mistaken? The song itself is catchy though!

How can anyone have played the final version? It hasn't even gone gold yet!

but I guess we have to stay civil as long as we praise PES and bash Fifa, right, mod?

He seemed objective with his opinions, and stated them appropriately.

As for the comment above...

Nope!!! the other 25% that wasnt apparent at Leipzig :)

360 & PS3 version to be the SAME

Chill out dude.
When somebody mentions PS3, you are there to jump and point the finger with that.

Truth is: we don't know nothing about differences between 360 and PS3. And if the game is created trying to be the same on both consoles, it won't since both are different. That not means PS3 better than Xbox360, just DIFFERENT, specially in the feeling when you play the game. I am a PS fan(boy) :lmao: but I recognize that Xbox360 is a cool gaming console... if only those RROD... :lol:

When we the game is out, we can clear the doubts on this. For now, just chill out dude...

French cover :lmao:

couvfrwa5.jpg

:lol::lol:GENIUS!!!!:lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom