WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/03/07)

"Un mode ONLINE encore plus palpitant

A mode ONLINE even more palpitating"

Well so far Konami haven't announced ANYTHING about online play.

Perhaps new modes?

Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

The must be a lot of trash talk in here, but i am glad to see freedom of expression is respected and the administrator does no delete messages easily.

I LEFT A CRITICAL COMMENT ON THE WENB BLOG WHICH WAS DELETED BY THE ADMINISTRATOR ONLY BECAUSE I SAID THEY PRAISE KONAMI TOO MUCH AND I EXPECTED THEM TO BE MORE CRITICAL.

WELL DONE WENB.....DELETING CRITICAL MESSAGES IS VERY MATURE

Only disrespectful or offensive posts get deleted. Yours must of upset someone thats why it was deleted.

Saying we praise Konami too much is laughable, do you even listen to our podcasts or read our stuff? Suff mentioned how he wanted to attack Konami after seeing the game for the first time at Leipzig!

Luckily enough Ive played the final version, if we're praising the game then its for a reason. I know 99% of people appreciate us talking about the later version as it makes them realise a better version is coming.

We'll critisize them when they do something wrong, and praise them when they do something right. Sounds fair to me.

What are you guys going to do when it comes out and everyone has it? Are you gonna let the site go for a while then return in the new year when news of the next game starts leaking?

Only disrespectful or offensive posts get deleted. Yours must of upset someone thats why it was deleted.

Saying we praise Konami too much is laughable, do you even listen to our podcasts or read our stuff? Suff mentioned how he wanted to attack Konami after seeing the game for the first time at Leipzig!

Luckily enough Ive played the final version, if we're praising the game then its for a reason. I know 99% of people appreciate us talking about the later version as it makes them realise a better version is coming.

We'll critisize them when they do something wrong, and praise them when they do something right. Sounds fair to me.

I listened to the podcast and found it to be a fair assessment of PES2008.

First impressions were ARGGHHHHHHH what is this glossy 360 port, but the more it was played the better it has become.

I thought the coverage from WENB of Leipzig was first class, really enjoyed the vids and info coming out of that site.

One thing made me laugh on the podcast, when they were discussing the PS3 mag, the guy said we are looking forward to it coming to fruitition:lol: made me laugh.

Any way to get it to English. I wish these sorts of sites were in English, it is the major language after all. Also, this isn't official for PES2008 right?

6.jpg

Haha, what on earth is this site!

Looks like a french community site. May be its being developed by french people and the placeholder art is in french?

Last edited:

nice vid, not trying to be a fanboy or anything, (as i am not)
but we already knew that Terry, Lampard, A.Cole & few other players at chelsea play pes turnament, Henry also mention that they play turnament when he was at Arsenal (but that could be coz he was a cover boy for pes at that time anyways)
but why always great football players play we/pes games, thats says alot, coz no one understand football more then they do, so they not stupit to play a game that doesn't feel like football.

i think that we sometimes are very critical with pes, & we don't enjoy the game for what it is, i know we all want this game to be as preffect as it can get, but no game is preefect right.
as excited i am for fifa08 this year, i know deep down me that it will get boring like any othet fifa game, after a while, but we all know that pes will be the only game that will keep as coming back throw the year, more then any other game.
can't fucking wait any more

(i hope i am not gonna die before the game comes out lol)

Hehehe, you said you did not want to sound like a fan boy but you have managed to sound like one

The must be a lot of trash talk in here, but i am glad to see freedom of expression is respected and the administrator does no delete messages easily.

I LEFT A CRITICAL COMMENT ON THE WENB BLOG WHICH WAS DELETED BY THE ADMINISTRATOR ONLY BECAUSE I SAID THEY PRAISE KONAMI TOO MUCH AND I EXPECTED THEM TO BE MORE CRITICAL.

WELL DONE WENB.....DELETING CRITICAL MESSAGES IS VERY MATURE

After reading some of your posts here, I am sure why your post get deleted.

Some people needs to grow up, but that won't happen...

Originally Posted by Chi
I played PES2008 in HMV today! It was the demo version, first day in HMV. Played it loads today, I played it on the xbox360 and omg it was good. I hated the PES6 on xbox360 but loved it this time round imagine it on the PS3 Cant wait.

The first thing I noticed about this version was the passing and dribbling, the passing was slick and movement was great - takes much more accuracy to pass the ball; it feels so much more realistic. The dribbling was very nice, its harder to dribble as in my opinion it was slower than PES6 so it was hard to get use to.

They fixed up the L1 through balls in this version, they are much more accurate in this version than in PES6 but one thing I saw that was quite a let down was the strength of the through balls and shots, they were suprisingly weak at times but Im sure that will be fixed when the completed version comes out.

The AI seems much better in this version to, I was playing with Argentina and I gave the ball away with Henize and he just started going mad because he gave the ball away There is a lines man in this game too and the referee was a good addition.

Other new things that I discovered and tried was Ronaldo's cut in skills The fake shot while without changing direction And the of course the legendary diving!!!! I was laughing so much when I was diving with everyone, the referee wasnt having none of it he just dished out yellow to everyone that dived but I got away with ONE dive out of like 20. I like the addition of diving as it adds realism to the game, its part of football (I dont think there is an option to turn it off). The dive buttons are L1+L2+R1

Overall it was a very very very good game and I cant wait till this comes out!

Off PES-FAN.

How can you say i play " i played X360 version and the dive buttons are L1+L2+R1 ????

Seems that Drogba is working extra hours @Sesame Street... That song is sooo childish :)

@Badgerman: thx for your explanations re: language and all... Will think about that proposal to "join" you and TG and let you know my decission hahaha :)

lol man I wonder how much drogba did get payed for all that shit. jeez

I refer to the buttons on 360 as L1, L2, R1 and R2. I think the "LB, LT, RB and RT" names are stupid. Don't know why, just can't get used to saying "press right trigger" rather than "press R2", sounds ridiculous (and long-arsed) to me. Doesn't mean he's a liar, he could have made some outrageous statements if he was.

I even refer to the buttons as :triangle:, :circle:, :x: and :square: actually, which confuses my colour-blind nephew. "QUICK PRESS RED, I MEAN CIRCLE, I MEAN... Shit, I have no idea what the letter is, sorry, you're dead now anyway."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom