WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

who knows if they play sometimes online on PC or x-box 360???? this will be great! playig against Kaka or robinho, and we dont know it!!!

i guess they play it on a Playstation as we can see on the video.

Blatant dig at EA, I love it!

:lol:

everything is nice, but the logo sucks

and should be more visible

Haha that is excellent, but what is it for, is it some sort of advertisement or something? Will we see it in magazines or does this justy go to magazine editors and game stores etc to get them to get the game and shizzle?

Also about the PES Fan guy, it seems skeptical as he goes on about he played it on the 360 yet he persists to state controls for the PS, like L1 and Triangle for lob through passes, that isnt 360 controls would be LB and Y wouldnt it, same with dive, not L1+R1+L2 it would be RB+LB+LT.

Sounds promosing though, very promising :D

Originally Posted by Chi
I played PES2008 in HMV today! It was the demo version, first day in HMV. Played it loads today, I played it on the xbox360 and omg it was good. I hated the PES6 on xbox360 but loved it this time round imagine it on the PS3 Cant wait.

The first thing I noticed about this version was the passing and dribbling, the passing was slick and movement was great - takes much more accuracy to pass the ball; it feels so much more realistic. The dribbling was very nice, its harder to dribble as in my opinion it was slower than PES6 so it was hard to get use to.

They fixed up the L1 through balls in this version, they are much more accurate in this version than in PES6 but one thing I saw that was quite a let down was the strength of the through balls and shots, they were suprisingly weak at times but Im sure that will be fixed when the completed version comes out.

The AI seems much better in this version to, I was playing with Argentina and I gave the ball away with Henize and he just started going mad because he gave the ball away There is a lines man in this game too and the referee was a good addition.

Other new things that I discovered and tried was Ronaldo's cut in skills The fake shot while without changing direction And the of course the legendary diving!!!! I was laughing so much when I was diving with everyone, the referee wasnt having none of it he just dished out yellow to everyone that dived but I got away with ONE dive out of like 20. I like the addition of diving as it adds realism to the game, its part of football (I dont think there is an option to turn it off). The dive buttons are L1+L2+R1

Overall it was a very very very good game and I cant wait till this comes out!

Off PES-FAN.

He seemed to of played it. Sounds good

Well, PES6 had terrible shots so why would he expect KONAMI to change them now if they are still weak?

Also, the shotfeint while changing direction was also in PES6 for skilled players so nothing new either.

I am not asking you Dead Man. ;)

Last edited:

Haha that is excellent, but what is it for, is it some sort of advertisement or something? Will we see it in magazines or does this justy go to magazine editors and game stores etc to get them to get the game and shizzle?

The scans were posted by me :D

Working in GAME we get that mag MCV through on a weekly basis to keep us informed of the latest going ons in the industry. It's usually stuff that doesnt make the headlines for one reason or another.

So luckily i was able to grab the cover and post them up.

I believe the mag is distributed to Game retailers both corporate and independent.

The must be a lot of trash talk in here, but i am glad to see freedom of expression is respected and the administrator does no delete messages easily.

I LEFT A CRITICAL COMMENT ON THE WENB BLOG WHICH WAS DELETED BY THE ADMINISTRATOR ONLY BECAUSE I SAID THEY PRAISE KONAMI TOO MUCH AND I EXPECTED THEM TO BE MORE CRITICAL.

WELL DONE WENB.....DELETING CRITICAL MESSAGES IS VERY MATURE

there have been quite a few negative comments left recently for the WENB crew :(

The wenb turned into some sort of unofficial konami PR department, no wonder people are critical

there have been quite a few negative comments left recently for the WENB crew :(
I agree and it is a bit like shooting the messenger. Some of the critics are immature.
The guys work very hard to bring us as much news as they can; they payed a lot of their own to buy a camera and to travel to Leipzig and this is what they get :roll:
VERY immature...

Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/03/07)

My god... :0 what does the counter mean?

Official website from what? I see a clock going back nine days and then? What happens on that date?
The website of the game ;)
http://fr.gs.konami-europe.com/game.do;jsessionid=2FB727CD84197F8E7DD35DA531FB053B.srv01?idGame=173

Final logo
00083515.jpg

Last edited:

PR campagne starts ?
Or did it just started ?

But like big blow out media or something i think,

9 days until the full site launches?

Nice logo, and glad to see a website other than the KONAMI sites that are so poor in info and such.

Prefer the old logo :eh: Simplicity is king!

listening to the podcast now, for the first ten minutes all they are talking is how big and mighty they are, and thanking the "viewers" anyway, its good these guys are doing this (before everyone starts telling me they are doing in their own time) but everyone does everything in their own time, these guys on the blog like talking about how good they are and how much everyone loves them, its getting fucking boring, no bullshit

I expect the logo to be bigger on the actual box. This looks like a promotional poster to me.

couvye2.jpg

Last edited:

Bookmarks official site...

Un mode ONLINE encore plus palpitant

A mode ONLINE even more palpitating

Translation?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom