WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

Nick wtf is your problem? Why are you trying to get me banned? Also he never posts anything 360 related.. its always 360 is shit! Thats blatant Fanboyism... also its ok for him to call me gay?

Who made you judge and jury? if you ask me you should be banned for trying to stir it up!

Last edited by a moderator:

the transferperiod is now over,konami can now make the teamrosters.
i hope they can get more teams liscensed.
no bundesliga ,but they should at least try to get german topteams liscensed,like schalke,bremen,hamburg,stuttgart,dortmund and leverkusen.
online i believe almost same as pes6,but i hope in sted of 9,10 or 12 stars for 3 games in competition, they would have competition with for instence 5 stars for three games.
not always man u and inter but with low ranked teams sometimes.
online i think bayern munich is going to be very popular,what a lineup.

It never fails to amaze me how, intelligent people can be drawn into a slanging match on a forum.
just because opinions differ, it should not lead to such intense feelings.

Its a football sim on various consoles, it will be slightly different but not much, you will enjoy aspects but not all and there may well be a better alternative.

As long as you enjoy what you decide to buy on what ever format then thats great, just try not let it consume you to such an extent that people start to get personal.

I would agree to disagree and move back to the topic of PES next gen.

It never fails to amaze me how, intelligent people can be drawn into a slanging match on a forum.
just because opinions differ, it should not lead to such intense feelings.

Its a football sim on various consoles, it will be slightly different but not much, you will enjoy aspects but not all and there may well be a better alternative.

As long as you enjoy what you decide to buy on what ever format then thats great, just try not let it consume you to such an extent that people start to get personal.

I would agree to disagree and move back to the topic of PES next gen.

:applause::applause:

Get a fucking grip you bunch of soft cunts. FFS what the hell is going on here?!

Any more of this shit and the lot of you who have been drawn into this slanging match will be gone

It's Offical then Konami are the world's laziest developers.

They sit on their assess smoking dope then when the football season starts they awake like a bear in hiberation.
sort out a couple of cut and paste enhancements release b***S***
through the media and in the end people just get a slightly improved game.

So again we have to play masterleague on your lonesome NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! my vision was to take on anybody online or offline in a masterleague and see you wins.

But lazy bastards Konami can't think next gen.
People enjoy Football manager/LMA manager becasue of the player vs player competition you can have with friends/family.

WHY CANT CUNT KONAMI create something like that?

Next Gen? it's now time to really enhance the master league make it MULTIPLAYER.

I got Konami address and Phone numbers I'M COMING FOR YA!!

Last edited:

It's Offical then Konami are the world's laziest developers.

They sit on their assess smoking dope then when the football season starts they awake like a bear in hiberation.
sort out a couple of cut and paste enhancements release b***S***
through the media and in the end people just get a slightly improved game.

So again we have to play masterleague on your lonesome NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! my vision was to take on anybody online or offline in a masterleague and see you wins.

People enjoy Football manager/LMA manager becasue of the player vs player competition you can have with friends/family.

Next Gen? it's now time to really enhance the master league make it MULTIPLAYER.

I got Konami address and Phone numbers I'M COMING FOR YA!!

This topic is going nowhere nomore. I am leaving. Sorry for the hard work moderators, but if you read the last 2 pages.... pure waist of time.

Nick wtf is your problem? Why are you trying to get me banned? Also he never posts anything 360 related.. its always 360 is shit! Thats blatant Fanboyism... also its ok for him to call me gay?

Who made you judge and jury? if you ask me you should be banned for trying to stir it up!

What are you upset about? So far we have no reason to make distinctions from the PS3 and XBox versions, because KONAMI have said they will be the same. Sure, we hear magazines comment on how the PS3 version is shaping up better, but with the amount of ridiculous previews I've read so far that doesn't mean anything. The same previewers rave about things they see as news that were there in PES5 or PES4 even, and they generally seem very casual about it. Unless they make side-by-side comparisons of different versions (played on the same TV with the same gamepad) their opinions are completely worthless as evidence or facts. I have not seen anyone say "This PS3 versions seems better than the Leipzig one, BECAUSE...". They just throw out some word like "more fluid" and call it a day.

I have not see KONAMI make distinctions between the PS3 and X360 versions yet, in pressreleases or such. All they say is "Next-Gen PES" meaning PC, PS3 and X360.

So if ThomasGOAL writes "PS3 will have facemapping", you can just, in your mind, replace PS3 with any next-gen console, and it will be valid untill we hear official confirmation that says otherwise.

As for any of his personal opinions about 360 (I have read none myself) why even care?

Its not time to improve the master league - because the game wouldnt be out until 2010 and then people would be screaming just to play a good PES asking to leave ML for another time.

Believe it or not, they have to do alot of work on the engine just to get it to run on the new systems, let alone write a multiplayer addition to an improved masterleague. I'm glad we're getting a good PES game to play this year on the PS3 (before anyone moans, i've not got a 360).

Once again it comes down the the utopian 'next-gen' people are sold on, with little regard as to how games are made and how much time it takes. You want it all and you want it now, throw your dummy out the pram because its not what you have in mind. Spoilt little so-and-so's :lmao:

Last edited:

Black Sheep, the things I want are possible on PS2, and they were possible for the last five years (realistic ML, more leagues - even blank leagues so that we can add them ourselves). "Next-gen" doesn't even come into it, it's just something that people can use to show exactly (or exaggerate, depending on your views) how lazy (or stupid?) Konami are being.

Once again it comes down the the utopian 'next-gen' people are sold on, with little regard as to how games are made and how much time it takes. You want it all and you want it now, spoilt little so-and-so's :lmao:

A very wise reaction...

Black Sheep, the things I want are possible on PS2, and they were possible for the last five years (realistic ML, more leagues - even blank leagues so that we can add them ourselves). "Next-gen" doesn't even come into it, it's just something that people can use to show exactly (or exaggerate, depending on your views) how lazy (or stupid?) Konami are being.

I understand alot of people including yourself have legitimate greiviences, and I understand there are alot of simple changes, like dummy leagues, dummy teams, players.... theres not an excuse and this could be easily changed, no problem with the sensible suggestions.

However demanding multiplayer online ML ontop of the sensible ML changes ontop of working on the new systems including all the new editing features AND wanting a game to play THIS YEAR... for me, this is a bridge too far.

Last edited:

someone's upset - I did'nt mean to cause offence.
hullybul I'm just making a point that it would be nice to play a multiplayer masterleague with friends and family wether online or offline you could say have a four player masterleague on 360 and eight players on ps3.

I've been requesting this since last year through pesfan.com

at the end of the day hullybul raise your standards high the trouble is people accept anything these days without complaining well I don't.

At least fifa want to hear customers comments and ideas and last years fifa had up to four players could sign in a play a mini-league on 360 com'on konami don't be LAZY

I think the masterleague needs to be multiplayer if people dont agree fine.
I was just getting warmed up because I will be speaking with konami

Last edited:

I understand alot of people including yourself have legitimate greiviences, and I understand there are alot of simple changes, like dummy leagues, dummy teams, players.... theres not an excuse and this could be easily changed, no problem with the sensible suggestions.

However demanding multiplayer online ML ontop of the sensible ML changes ontop of working on the new systems including all the new editing features AND wanting a game to play THIS YEAR... for me, this is a bridge too far.
Well there's a difference between wanting and demanding. I've been accused myself of talking like Konami "owe" me something - but that's not how I feel at all. At the end of the day, if they don't make the changes that I'm looking for I won't buy the game - consumer power is king (not that I believe there will ever be a boycott of PES, there's only two football games out there and if you believe one is even slightly better than the other, chances are you will buy it).

It's just very disappointing and I do find myself thinking "it's not fair". I would love a multiplayer ML as well, but I don't expect it (least of all because it's Seabass we're talking about here), but what annoys the most is that the simple things would add literally months upon months to the longevity of the game. There's nothing to stop them adding unlicensed lower leagues for each country. There's nothing to stop them adding ten blank leagues. But obviously, if you don't care about these things, then the game will always be good on the pitch (and that's all that matters to some people - fair enough, but my view on that is, if the game only contained Man Utd and Lyon, would you still play it non-stop? And that's how the game already feels to me).

I personally don't want to play the game again simply because I've done it all before, I've finished ML seasons, I've finished the leagues, I've finished the cups, I've played versus mates and had a laugh. But things move on. If all I wanted was a laugh I could dig out SWOS, or PES5, and I wouldn't have to pay for it again. People say "what do you expect", but all I expect is a new league or two. I want a multiplayer ML, I want (and personally think the game needs) 360 movement. But all I expect is some new leagues. Without those, I'm not interested (but at least there is a patching community, meaning that if anything comes out at some point which replaces a few leagues with English lower-leagues, I will end up buying the game).

Again, that's not saying Konami owe me that, that's just saying that I don't want the game, regardless of the new animations, diving and commentary (all of which are good additions, don't get me wrong).

Last edited:

I think after a generation of football games doing pretty much the same thing, we are looking for real innovation and something new.

What most cannot see is this in pes and thus its a presumption that its the same old same old when really its not.If you are after the sort of jumps that FIFA has made in a little over 2 years then you will be dissapointed.FIFA has had many releases since the inception of the 360 and has produced games well below average until 07.

PES produced 1 game and it was poor in both depth and quality, however this year we have a full game with an oportunity to enjoy what we used to enjoy on the PS2 with enhanced graphics, more animation and a far deeper edit mode.

so we have the game we should have but its missing that "new game" feel, where you step back and say thats different,not seen that before etc, etc.

Online is massive and integral to a games succes, so 1v1 with no effort for any sort of online competition is poor,no changes to the master league is also a poor effort, but the effort into the gameplay is clear yet IMO not (judging by vids)as good as FIFA.

I will enjoy tinkering with PES, but its not going to get all the time I put into it in past versions, that will come with online competitions and a better ML.

Its not that Konami have been extraordinarily lazy, its due in parts to a lack of programming and artistic talent and in this respect i dont think we will ever see a massive leap from PES until they have a shke up with the dev team, including some european talent to push it forward.

it will still be good though and I am looking forward to it, but not half as much as I am for FIFA;)

Jack Bauer a man after my own heart.
wants wrong with wanting?....all I'm saying is that I've been there done that worn the teeshirt.

and a multiplayer master would enhance the game I would love to take on Jack Bauer online or a few friends round my house on my 42" samnsung with accustic solutions surround sound jacked up loud.

I've no idea what the worldwide annual sales figures are for WE/PES but even taking a very modest estimate (10 million copies), at £40 a go, that's near £0.5Billion. For that sort of money every year, they can get their fingers out of their arses.

I'm with Jack, no money from me this year (not in protest, the game is clearly absolutely terrible). I won't be the only one.

It should be good for consumers in the forthcoming years. FIFA is looking good enough to buy this year. Genuine competition in this market now exists, giving the consumer a choice to buy one or the other. I can see me alternating year on year so I buy a new PES only every second year and a new FIFA every other year. That way, I'll see more genuine progress than buying only the same game year after year.

This thread really is 352 pages of absolute bollocks. Only the first updated post by ThomasGoal is of any use.

Dear, Black Sheep you missed my point I've been talking about mulltiplayer wether online or OFFLINE!!!

Fifa did a up to four player mini league on 360 and your win/losses where registered to your profile no excuses Konami - what have you been doing the this past year?

so what will happen next year - the same old - oh...we've created a new A.I, oh.....we've licenced two new premiership teams Reading and Bolton, oh....we've improved the grahpics, oh.....it is next gen, oh....the edit mode is enhanced etc etc.

at the end of the day all of the news, screenshots etc has'nt truthfully made be say YESSS!!! I want this game.

Last edited:

I really hope somebody can help me out :)

When will WE (Japan Version) be released and is it possible to preorder it anywhere? Does someone know if it will be able to install it to hard drive and to patch it like that last version? Really hope so as I likes WE a lot more than the PES pendant - but I need english text :) So what's the status there.
Can't wait to play the game - As I sold my PS2 and got a PS3, I haven't played WE for way to long now :)

Thanks for the help

Can nobody help me out? THANKS

LOLzor, this is from the gamespot hands-on revieuw

anthony1983
I didn't bother with last years, purely on the basis that it was like a freshly laid turd compared to other versions. I may well be forced to get this one though. The Vision element is exciting too!! I can make my old football team "Waggon & Horses" and use my mate's faces! WOO!

Shame I have the Red Ring Of Death, though and won't get my console back til the next one's out. DAMN YOU MICROSOFT!

Posted Aug 31, 2007 9:32 am PT
Login to rate this comment
/ (+0)

LOLz whut if yah 360 users just got the game....then 3rod pwnz u :)

LOLz whut if yah 360 users just got the game....then 3rod pwnz u :)
Please translate in English? We poor foreigners have already a hard enough time with 'normal' English ;)
EDIT: Oh you are Dutch, like me! What language is that what you used?? :D

December and no, you won't be able to patch it.

Thanks - but that's really bad news :( But at least the OF should be able to be patched, right?
How much longer until PES will be released? Thanks

Please translate in English? We poor foreigners have already a hard enough time with 'normal' English ;)
EDIT: Oh you are Dutch, like me! What language is that what you used?? :D

dont tell me you are not known with the 'ring of death':mrgreen:

3rod=ring of death? Ah never knew that :D
But yes, I have already my 3rd 360 so I know about it :(

PODCAST 013: Too Much To Say

After a hectic two weeks since the Games Convention in Leipzig ended we are finally now able to breathe and stretch out a little bit. Although there are still loads of videos and audio commentary to come we thought it was time for a podcast. The first of many this week where will will attempt to round up our thoughts on the game and what the Konami, the insiders and the viewers think. There is much explanation about the events of Leipzig in here and justification as to why we did certain things. Not because Konami slapped our wrists!

This podcast weighs in at 70 mins CD-Quality and follows a completely different format. Unfortunately no time for Community and Football News this week. The focus was Leipzig, Pro Evo 2008 and Other football games at the show.

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/09/podcast-013-too-much-to-say.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom