WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

I am back from GC and I played them both FIFA and PES.

- PES2008 looks identical to PES6.
- The shooting system is the same. Who the hell talked about stronger
shots? There are none.
- FIFA graphics and animations are two generations further than PES
- PES Game Speed is ok. Its better in real than in the vids.

PES2008 is just PES6. If you like PES and dont mind the same old shitty ML , old graphics and PS2 animations then you will get PES2008. If you are sick ob the mentioned points in PES like myself you should take a serious look at the incoming FIFA demo.

what about gameplay?

shots? There are none.

PES2008 is just PES6. If you like PES and dont mind the same old shitty ML , old graphics and PS2 animations then you will get PES2008. If you are sick ob the mentioned points in PES like myself you should take a serious look at the incoming FIFA demo.

And how does it play?

2 genertions behind is a joke also. Simple really Konami have ther style & Ea have theres.

shots? There are none.

I heared from many sites that FIFA08 is NOT better than PES 2008.
I did read the report from some very good Dutch players and they said that the game feels better and more fluent than PES 6. So different opinions about that.
I know your stance towards ( against ) PES, so I know how I should value it ;)

Then your opinion may be different... I think the bottom line is, if you liked PES6, you will like PES2008 (and I know that includes you because you are the opposite of Tank0r), but if you were expecting a lot of things to be "fixed" (not tweaked, "fixed") or added, if you expected a "new" game, then you won't be. So a lot of people will be happy, a lot of people won't. But it's never "fact".

Then your opinion may be different... I think the bottom line is, if you liked PES6, you will like PES2008 (and I know that includes you because you are the opposite of Tank0r), but if you were expecting a lot of things to be "fixed" (not tweaked, "fixed") or added, if you expected a "new" game, then you won't be. So a lot of people will be happy, a lot of people won't. But it's never "fact".
I never talked about a 'fact' my friend.. I have read a PES/FIFA head-to-head and PES 2008 was considered as still the best of the two.
I read from people who played both games in Leipzig and they prefered PES 2008 as well. The common conclusion was that PES just felt better than FIFA.
There is some negativeness around this forum that isn't on others. Why is that?

But it's never "fact".

He never said it was 'fact', he just said alot of sites say that Fifa isnt better.

Tank0r comment that Fifa08 is better isnt fact either, its his opinion. Its all subjective.

Its interesting that MOST people that have played PES2008 and fifa, say fifa looks better, PES plays better. Again, not fact, but majority opinion, we wont really know ourselves until we play the full versions of either games.

Last edited:

i hope they dont change the gameplay to much,the balance in the game is just fine in pes6(on ps2).
the news about the good editmode,the new commentary,the fans involvement ,and the new animations ,the new liscensed teams reasure me .
the unlicensed teams can be edited almost to perfection,but it would be a shame if for the onlinemode the unliscenced teams dont have more simular kits as the real teams,also the pesteamlogos should be on the shirts,its always better than empty kits,unlimited empty team-playerslots for customising so you can make your own leagues.

You can see Henry do the Drogba move (damm the player with France are so bad !!)

i think that us pro evo fans need to accept that fifa has become the better game, im starting to accept this

i think that us pro evo fans need to accept that fifa has become the better game, im starting to accept this

:lol: You need to accept that fifa is looking better but the pes 2008 gamplay is better. EA shows you every year nice vids and you believe in these vids and all they say about new KI and so on. Dont believe the hype. Play the game!

I would play it first before jumping to conclusions... Both have their faults...

Better than what? Better than the previous FIFA's? Even that seems to be doubtfull, according to the opinions on Leipzig.
They may come slightly closer, but that's all.
I just saw on post #9656 that in Winning Eleven 11 the Master League has been re-made and if that will happen for PES 2009 I think FIFA will not come much closer.

Last edited:

I'm not a fan of any of those games and it's way too early to make conclusions.PES2008=crap animations with good (i'm not saying great) gameplay,FIFA08=good animations and unknown gameplay so it's let's be patient.

Better than what? Better than the previous FIFA's? Even that seems to be doubtfull, according to the opinions on Leipzig.
Seriously mate, you talk about negativity and then you come out with something like that... The last FIFA was the best they've ever done, and FIFA 08 has more features, 27 leagues and fixed shooting, so how can it be worse? Who has said it's worse? People have said they prefer PES but I've not read anything that says "it's worse than the last one", don't make stuff up as you go along.

You guys are unbelievable, you really are. I'm sure you'll love PES2008, I'm sure it will be a better game, but you really have to question what some people come out with.

yes , those movies look real good ,and also people who played it say the gamespeed is perfect,watching the movies you have the perception its to fast.

Have you just ignored the rather large amount of positive comments that have come from people trying FIFA at the games convention and made note of the negative ones?

AI stronger movement really
"WINNING ELEVEN 11"
• exhaustive test report
• brand-new MASTER LEAGUE (first exposure)
Do you have this magazine? Would be nice to see what the new Master-League consists of....

After coming back from a weeks holiday and watching as many pes and fifa videos as possible.

My conclusion is, how can anyone say the new PES looks realistic? :lol: what a joke

this is the year where fifa will be better than pro evo, mark my words, it was bound to happen, im not paying for pro evo that is the same as last years version, konami can fuck off

this is the year where fifa will be better than pro evo, mark my words, it was bound to happen, im not paying for pro evo that is the same as last years version, konami can fuck off

read the hands on little fifafanboy!

...i only read here Fifa looks better/ more realistic. All fifa games looks better than pes but pes gameplay are much better....and this year it will be the same!

From winningelevenblog:

Just got some notification on the GC conventions best game awards.

Heres a full list:

Best 360 Game: BIOSHOCK
Best PS3 Game: PES 2008
Best Wii Game: MARIO & SONIC OLYMPICS
Best PC Game: CRYSIS
Best PS2 Game: PES 2008
Best PSP Game: GOD Of WAR - CHAINS OF OLYMPUS
Best DS Game: EYE TRAINING
Best Online Game: AGE OF CONAN - HYBORIAN ADVENTURES
Best Hardware: Wii BALANCE BOARD

Quite a big thing winning best PS3 game of the show, with games like Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Unreal Tournament 3, Singstar, Haze, Gran Turismo 5, Devil May Cry 4 etc all having strong showings. Goes to show how popular PES really is as a series.

I also want to take this opportunity to address a difference of opinion from other websites regarding PES 2008. Ive been made aware many website have been describing the PS3 version better visually than the 360 version. I was talking to PC Action editor Lukasz before and it seemed like many of the media have been making their judgement on builds that arent at the show. For example many people in the industry were actually unaware that the demo had only 6 teams in it.

In my opinion its a clear indication that the PS3 version looks like being both the best to play and best to look at in its most recent build, but the demo on the show floor doesnt show that. Time will tell.

Thanks for all your support guys!

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom