WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

No weather options is pathetic? No it isn't, because in PES 6 the rainy weather looks like shit...Look at Madden, the rain and snow looks not good either. For FIFA, they want it to look perfect, or don't add it.
That's a croc of shit,why have they had weather in previous games then,and madden weather is ok.Weather change is part of the game unless like certain teams can close the roof.;)

The HD trailer on the blog is very nice but does anyone else feel that Brazil's away kit is too light?

great post with the psm3 scans. thx.

One question that springs to my mind - did PSM3 play a "later version" beta, perhaps a 80-90% finished one, rather than a 75% version as per the limited demo.
Its clear they played a fuller game with all modes, but it must be a later version, as their opinion of the gameplay and animations seems remarkably different to the hands on impresssions from leipzig from WENB, and all the game sites. Anyone else notice that?
That of course is good news if that is the case, and means that Leipzig demo was far from finished version in terms of gameplay and animations! Woo Hoo!!!!!

Last edited:

That's a croc of shit,why have they had weather in previous games then,and madden weather is ok.Weather change is part of the game unless like certain teams can close the roof.;)
What would be even better is weather affecting gameplay like when it rains you'd see players slipping and falling on their arses and stuff like.In case of big rain you'd see passes on the ground being slowed down by water and you'd see players readjusting themselves ,trying to keep theirs balances .It might be too much for a footie game .

What would be even better is weather affecting gameplay like when it rains you'd see players slipping and falling on their arses and stuff like.In case of big rain you'd see passes on the ground being slowed down by water and you'd see players readjusting themselves ,trying to keep theirs balances .It might be too much for a footie game .

Speaking of which, it is quite strange i always preferred raining condition because it gave me more ball control... when it it is supposed to be the opposite way. That should be fixed.

Its not too much for a footy game, in future games we should see it, the power is there for them to do it.

How about this guys at the end of the GC trailer it says(translated):

National Championship of 07/08 league first and/or Second Division Product under official license of the LFP.

Possible Spanish 2nd Division???

It said that on the PES6 box also but they weren't in the game.

Beatts, it's said that in every PES licensing bit. It's just the terms of the license and what it includes, it doesn't mean that they've put the teams in the game.

EDIT: What Tobi said.

How about this guys at the end of the GC trailer it says(translated):

National Championship of 07/08 league first and/or Second Division Product under official license of the LFP.

Possible Spanish 2nd Division???

Really no, man. I´m from Spain and this is an old issue. Since LFP is licensed in the credits of the game appears "firtst and/or second division", but it is because both are under license of the LFP (Liga Profesional de Futbol). Then, if you buy the license for la Liga you must to mention the second division. It´s all.

Cheers.

EDIT: What Tobi and Jack said... LOL

Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

At least I hope that Beatts has get the point... :D

I have to ask but what was all the cr@p about the NDA, what possibly could anyone have told us that is a massive suprise? or the fact that its pretty much PES6 with some extra animations / better graphics and a new front end trying to be Vista like.....

I just hope that all the contacts that WENB have made do have influence so the guys can tell them the simple things that are missing which are not difficult to put in but can be used to sell the next evolution...

If you get the license to the main league would you automatically get the license to the 2nd division or would it make it easier to get the 2nd division license?

I have to ask but what was all the cr@p about the NDA, what possibly could anyone have told us that is a massive suprise? or the fact that its pretty much PES6 with some extra animations / better graphics and a new front end trying to be Vista like.....
I think it was either no surprise at all ( just keep the attention focused on the game ) or just that PES 2008 comes to the Wii.

you can ask the german best pes6 player mike linden,who is on the photo shots with schlaudraff. or butcher,who won the escw, they will tell you the same!

the videos of pes 2008 ps2 looks also too fast...and i am 100% sure the game have the same speed as we11JL!

You will see it..and please dont delete your signature...in 2 mounths i send you a PM! :)

So you are talking about the ps2 version then?

If you get the license to the main league would you automatically get the license to the 2nd division or would it make it easier to get the 2nd division license?

In fact I think you get the license to the second division too, because the contract is with the LFP not only with La Liga first division. And if you get the rights for LFP you got the rights for first and second division. In my opinion sure.

Cheers.

If thats the case then surely it would make sense to put them in the game.

guys i try going to the blog but nothing appears. it's just a white screen, is this problem for anyone else?

If thats the case then surely it would make sense to put them in the game.
It means more teams for the researchers, of which they have very few, and it would mean less accurate players as a whole because they have so much on their plate.

It means more teams for the researchers, of which they have very few, and it would mean less accurate players as a whole because they have so much on their plate.

:salute:

I am noticing the PSM PES2008 feature has alot of rehash:

"Defenders will go to desperate lenghts to prevent a goal: THrowing their bodies into the path of the ball with their backs turned, blocking the shot and keeping their face and spuds from harm"

That animation was in PES6, and PES5 (if you shotfeint, the opposition player would sometimes jump at you turning his back to shield what he thought was a shot).

"We hit a Gerrard volley so hard, it knocked a player off his feet"

That's not news either, in PES5, and PES6.

"You can even do throughball throw-ins with :triangle:, or set throw-in takers"

Not news, old PES5 feature atleast (haven't played PES4 in a long time).

443.jpg

AI stronger movement really
"WINNING ELEVEN 11"
• exhaustive test report
• brand-new MASTER LEAGUE (first exposure)

Now it's public information, before when i speak about the 2 others nationals teams, i speak about Greece and Ireland

Seems as though they havent even changed the animations for passing. The stupid toe poke pass is still in.

Not impressed yet, the 9 min video shows that is VERY similar to the old games. I know you will all cry and say "You have to play it" etc, wghich you're probably right, but it still just looks too "samey".

EDIT: They also look like they always have to WACK the ball, why cant they just coast passes into each other like in real life :S

I am back from GC and I played them both FIFA and PES.

- PES2008 looks identical to PES6.
- The shooting system is the same. Who the hell talked about stronger
shots? There are none.
- FIFA graphics and animations are two generations further than PES
- PES Game Speed is ok. Its better in real than in the vids.

PES2008 is just PES6. If you like PES and dont mind the same old shitty ML , old graphics and PS2 animations then you will get PES2008. If you are sick ob the mentioned points in PES like myself you should take a serious look at the incoming FIFA demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom