WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

I have a feelling Suff might have the GC trailer in HD... possibly exclusivley. At least thats what im getting from his blog comments.

Well if anyones going to get the best version i can assure you it will be the japanese.

I usually consider your posts very negative, but since those words about Seabass "concentrated in the Japanese release of WE" (unknown date) all seems to be in place by now, specially after reading "PS2 game is the base for the PS3 one". It is only a revised version with nice graphics and that is all... :lmao:

The first real next-gen game would be Winning Eleven 11. That is the reason why this new PES version seems so similar to the PES6 Xbox360 version. There is no other explanation. That pisses me off really bad. And don't be surprised that by sure new WE will have more teams and the return of (ta ta!!) Bundesliga. Fuck you, Seabass bastard. I really can't understand which is the way of reasoning at Konami to do this. It is non-sense and completely unrespectful. The worst thing is that I really won't have problems buying both games although it is pretty unfair to release a proper next-gen game (a new one) a couple of maybe 3/4 months after the supposedly first next-gen title (PES 2008) title was released. The problem is that we won't have the game translated since there is impossible to patch PS3 games at the moment. I could have the hope (unreal one) of Konami releasing the game in multilanguage but that is very unlikely to happen.

Damn... another disappointing is coming... I will say this in Spanish since I don't know how to say this in English:

HACETE ORTEAR POR UN TRAVA SEABASS!!!!

Edit: This could be pretty negative but I hope I am wrong... but we have seen Konami all these years... so... :(

Last edited:

Can WENB ask Konami one thing for me, "what are those bits of concrete at the back of the nets and where have they seen them, as every ground seems to have them but I keep missing em!", I know it shouldn't bother me and it wont when I am playing it...but I just dont get it.

I'm still wondering what people (kids?) are expecting.

There is absolutely NO reason to build up a "next gen" engine from scratch. The gameplay is good on the old one and the pool of animations is growing.
Konami infact created a new engine, based upon the PS2/PC one (first implemented in PES6/360). Why get rid of all the animations that have been created over the years ? Why get rid of a working physics engine ?

Why do some people call them lazy ? For me this is disrespect and childish/anti-social behaviour (If you don't get what you want, just moan and cry)
If you like the game, buy it
If you don't like it, leave it

It's true, we got a rushed up version last year. It should have been nice price from the first day (like Table Tennis)

PES 2008 will have:
- good gamplay
- new animations

- lots of good faces
- a deep edit mode
- a reworked AI
- multi platform support
__
btw:
If I had the choice, I'd just support ONE platform: PS3 (or 360), leave out a PS2, PC and 360 (or PS3) version. It takes too much resources porting/optimizing the game.
But to have good sales, you have to be platform independent unfortunally...
__
I'd also like to see a new ML structure with all European leagues licensed, but :
- we'll never get all licenses in PES, you have to choose FIFA if you want this
- I want to have a smooth running engine on 360/PS3 with edit mode and outstanding AI first. So my hopes are that we'll get a new ML in the next version.
M8 animation is shit .. for nex gen.. like PS 2 version on PES 6.. :S

The reason why pes gameplay is so fast is they played it on a LCD TFT TV. My mate see the game @GC on a normal TV and the gameplayspeed is much slowlier as in die videos!

That is good to know.

sorry i have no idea about the gamespeed on HD TV. it also can be slowlier...

PES is getting dull and repetitive, without any refreshement I think i'll spend the next year on some other games. Too bad I was hoping for something different this time

Yeah, as in, he was looking forward to playing it before the videos came out, then he became uninterested because they looked the same as PES6, but now that video has given him the excitement back again.

:|

cheers jack, that's exactly what i mean't

do people think there will be more ps3 option files available than 360? i thought the majority on here owned a 360

Finally its all looking good, and indeed that grass is green :D Woooooooo!

Looks like now the more we see the better it looks! :D

LOL Watch them do a pro evo 4 and forget to put in vertical stripe tops :( Only time saints were in the game couldnt even make their kit! Does anyone know if the euro allstars and world allstars will be back?

I miss the all stars, on PES2 that was quality.

Blog update

Last edited:

Is there a actual next gen mode that hasnt been found out yet or was that a lie, wont the next gen not have fantasia mode either?

The reason why pes gameplay is so fast is they played it on a LCD TFT TV. My mate see the game @GC on a normal TV and the gameplayspeed is much slowlier as in die videos!

oh my god what a complete load of shite. Seriously this is one of the worst posts ever it is just lies.

Tell me one reason technically that this would be the case. Honestly this is my new sig.

I just watched napoleon dynamite again and thought that was side achingly funny but it has been topped in seconds.

more info from psm3 from the blog check it out!!!

When I played PES6 360 on a standard non widescreen tv it ran faster than it did on our LG HD 50" plasma... :)

Reading now, I spotted 30 boots!

When I played PES6 360 on a standard non widescreen tv it ran faster than it did on our LG HD 50" plasma... :)

When I'm at my mates and we play on his huge rear projector TV the game is so fast its becomes annoying.

tobi, is that tv a NON High Def Tv?

lol i love you both.

A sense of humour at last.

On a pes note, those scans show some good news, use jpg images in the game!

From the PSM3 October scans, dedicated to Jack Bauer:

It feels "harder" than PES6, but only because the CPU plays intelligent, unpredictable, attacking football, as opposed to grinding you down with robotic, cheating, efficiency.

Ireland and Greece licensed, new to the new ones we knew already, or did everyone know that haha!

Also does this make any sense?

- 30 Boots and 74 Goal Celebrations. Even things like friendship bracelets!

Im on about the Even things like friendship bracelets... what has this got to do with celebrations or boots, something is missing haha has to be!

Last edited:

oh my god what a complete load of shite. Seriously this is one of the worst posts ever it is just lies.

Tell me one reason technically that this would be the case. Honestly this is my new sig.

First off all: Who played the fucking game? YOU or my mate? ...and have you ever played pes 6 on LCD widescreen TFT TV? NO? than shut up!

...and you have no idea! I play PES6 on Konami german league on a LCD widescreen TV. and it is so much faster as @ a normal TV. You wanna believe me ? You will see it...

Power.. I have only ever seen a difference when playing the game using an SD TV (non widescreen) and also using my HD TV which is a 50" Widescreen and is in HD... Dude do you have to post in such a ranting way?

. Dude do you have to post in such a ranting way?

sorry but i cant understand why people post so fucking bullshit(i lie,you tell bullshit..),when i get an info about the game for you. You can believe the information..or not. You will see n 2 mounts it i tell the thuth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom