WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

they want perfect rain ajaxiedforever ?
let them start with human faces in stead of the monkeyfaces.

Its all good.

Why do Konami bother with Konami Europe.
Surely its upto them to say to the japanese guys this is what the europeans want.
Cant believe they have let the masterleague just rot for 3+ years.

Compared to Konami's masterleague even if EA produced a game that was identicle to PES on the PS2 i would love playing it with the manager mode they have created.

Every year i fall for the hype buy Fifa and sell it on ebay a week later.
But looking at those videos only a fanboy would say it the same as Fifa 07.
Just looking at the way the ball bounces and reacts with players you can tell the machanics have changed a lot.

I'm still wondering what people (kids?) are expecting.

There is absolutely NO reason to build up a "next gen" engine from scratch. The gameplay is good on the old one and the pool of animations is growing.
Konami infact created a new engine, based upon the PS2/PC one (first implemented in PES6/360). Why get rid of all the animations that have been created over the years ? Why get rid of a working physics engine ?

Why do some people call them lazy ? For me this is disrespect and childish/anti-social behaviour (If you don't get what you want, just moan and cry)
If you like the game, buy it
If you don't like it, leave it

It's true, we got a rushed up version last year. It should have been nice price from the first day (like Table Tennis)

PES 2008 will have:
- good gamplay
- new animations
- lots of good faces
- a deep edit mode
- a reworked AI
- multi platform support
__
btw:
If I had the choice, I'd just support ONE platform: PS3 (or 360), leave out a PS2, PC and 360 (or PS3) version. It takes too much resources porting/optimizing the game.
But to have good sales, you have to be platform independent unfortunally...
__
I'd also like to see a new ML structure with all European leagues licensed, but :
- we'll never get all licenses in PES, you have to choose FIFA if you want this
- I want to have a smooth running engine on 360/PS3 with edit mode and outstanding AI first. So my hopes are that we'll get a new ML in the next version.

Or they could release a single quality multi platform game once a year like Madden and every other game out there.
And not release the same game at different times in Europe,Japan,America,South Korea also throw in the Handheld releases, mobile phone releases.
Also add the Japanese club teams to the standard release and not create the Jleague games, any teams added no matter where from would be amazing.

If you claim to have a small staff then you do all the stuff i just mentioned you get no sympathy from me its called business strategy.

I'm just hoping they don't screw up the port over to PC. I had a lot of trouble on PES3 & 4 with random crashes and stuff. Definitely improved on 5 & 6.

I hope my 7900GS will run it as smooth as in the Leipzeg videos. Hope, hope and more hope! :D

You say new animations Jeblo. Judging from those videos i rarely saw anything out of the ordinary that made me go 'wow, that worked well' or 'that looked class!' I was hoping for a mass inclusion of new animations to the game but so far i've only seen a few at most.

Last edited:

This is evo-web, on a thread about the next gen PES. In a GT webpage, in threads about GT5, I bet you'll get talk of how how it squares up to Forza. On a PS3 site, you will get the other machine mentioned. Try keeping the 'other' off, people will always try to compare and contrast.

Its good there something to compare with... it'll be rubbish with one main football game, just like if there was a monopoly on consoles.

You have missed my point, as a WE/PES focused site, I thought they would keep quiet about Fifa and focus on only PES2008, its like would you expect Madrid TV to report on Barcalona's signings?

I'm still wondering what people (kids?) are expecting.

There is absolutely NO reason to build up a "next gen" engine from scratch. The gameplay is good on the old one and the pool of animations is growing.
Konami infact created a new engine, based upon the PS2/PC one (first implemented in PES6/360). Why get rid of all the animations that have been created over the years ? Why get rid of a working physics engine ?

Why do some people call them lazy ? For me this is disrespect and childish/anti-social behaviour (If you don't get what you want, just moan and cry)
If you like the game, buy it
If you don't like it, leave it

It's true, we got a rushed up version last year. It should have been nice price from the first day (like Table Tennis)

PES 2008 will have:
- good gamplay
- new animations
- lots of good faces
- a deep edit mode
- a reworked AI
- multi platform support
__
btw:
If I had the choice, I'd just support ONE platform: PS3 (or 360), leave out a PS2, PC and 360 (or PS3) version. It takes too much resources porting/optimizing the game.
But to have good sales, you have to be platform independent unfortunally...
__
I'd also like to see a new ML structure with all European leagues licensed, but :
- we'll never get all licenses in PES, you have to choose FIFA if you want this
- I want to have a smooth running engine on 360/PS3 with edit mode and outstanding AI first. So my hopes are that we'll get a new ML in the next version.

Life ain't just black and white.It's more complicated than that.No one wants to spend a lot of money each year on a game that always improves slightly from previous version.I love PES and it pains to pay for a game that each year has no big improvements apart from slight tweaks .
They might have new animations but the same crappy ones are still here (toepoke pass and toe poke shooting for instance).Each customers has the right to moan and complain for the sum of money he's willing to pay for a game.
Instead of adding stuff like diving ,new dribbling ,.... there are a lot of stuff to correct and to take care of.However for Teamvision (from the review I checked) ,it seems a very good addition .
Better and much more life like animations for dribbling,passing,shooting,trapping,running are what I was really looking for and needless to say I'm dissapointed ,it doesn't I won't necessarily buy the game tough

any news 4 now or just idea about system requirement ??
can any one now or we must wait ?
thanx

You have missed my point, as a WE/PES focused site, I thought they would keep quiet about Fifa and focus on only PES2008, its like would you expect Madrid TV to report on Barcalona's signings?

I understand, but Barca TV is affiliated with Barca, paid for by Barca to put out Barca only.

WE:BN isnt affiliated with Konami, its independant. They can do what they want and I dont see any harm in an independant talking about a rival. Like an independant Real Madrid TV station or website briefly talking about Henry signing for Barca, they can talk about how he could be dangerous to Madrid and what a good signing he could have been (in PES terms, what feature the rival has that might be interesting this year or how a rival plays this year).

Last edited:

wtf fifa has digital adboards!!!!! thats my big wish for 5 years wahaaaa

After seeing all these vids, I am very nervous that the AUTO SIDESTEP is back. Oh god, please no.

hey guys what happend to the free kick system they were talkoing about when play didnt stop.... the screen still changes and magically everyone is back on defense....

Petition made by Vanished, we know it's a dream but just sign it please, thanks alot

http://www.petitiononline.com/270981SB/petition.html

To: Konami

We did not have the opportunity to go to the "Game Convention" in order to play "PES 2008" on the Playstation 3.

We would like to have the Liepzig "PES2008" playable demo on the European Playstation Store.

Thank You for your consideration.

Sincerely,

TG unfortunately Nokami arent going to bow to our demands... lets face it you wont get a demo until the game comes out... by which time most people would have bought it and there is no need for the demo..

How about fixing the masterleague. Liepzig is still live the masterleague has been around for 10 years.

hey guys what happend to the free kick system they were talkoing about when play didnt stop.... the screen still changes and magically everyone is back on defense....

i brought that up earlier and it magically got ignored.

As you say there is no loading screen but players magically appear

Thanks.

In the short time we spent with each game then, PES probably just about wins the battle. It plays smoother than FIFA although again not looking as pretty, but the ball physics separate them apart for now.

from that review

"In the short time we spent with each game then, PES probably just about wins the battle. It plays smoother than FIFA although again not looking as pretty, but the ball physics separate them apart for now. Just because PES won this battle though, does not mean it will win this year’s War: there is still a long way to go."

Yeah, same here, I use to prefer normal long till PES6 came along and I went wide (eww dat sounds soo wrong..:lol: ) but its amazing how much detail is lost in those vids, so it looks like I'll be back to the long cam view again... ;)

ups i said medium long lol

i meant normal long :8): but i also use normal medium sometimes.

In case people don't check the link, I think whoever wrote this isn't a fanboy:

http://www.xboxic.com/news/3534

[GC07] Hands On: PES 2008 vs. FIFA 2008
Posted in GC2007, Games, Xbox 360 by Ross Hayward on August 24th, 2007 at 13:39

The annual fight between the two biggest football titles has officially commenced here in Germany, with both being shown not just at their own developer’s booths, but elsewhere on the floor too. We managed to play FIFA two days ago, but couldn’t get to PES until today. Having waited for around thirty minutes for the damn public to get out of our way, we finally stepped up to complete our hands on. We also have some video footage for you to check out.

Both games immediately look visually better than last year. FIFA 07 already looked good, however this year it again has improved. PES was always going to look better since it looked so awful last year on the 360, and it is certainly the best it has ever been. Naturally, this was reassuring to see.

Gameplay wise, both games remain totally different. PES 2008 is a lot smoother and quicker this year compared to its 360 outing last year, as passing was slow and heavy. Now, the ball zips across the park just as it used to, and it’s a welcome change. In contrast, FIFA feels a lot slower. It takes longer to get the ball moving up-field, and as such leaves you feeling a tad frustrated. The demo perhaps didn’t help since only one half was playable, whereas you got a full game of PES (very frustrating for the waiting queue behind though). Goals were scored infrequently, as players found it hard to get a lot of shooting opportunities. We watched quite a few games too, and this was proven by others, so it’s not just because we suck.

Ball physics are all important, and PES once again demonstrated why so many love it. The ball reacts the way it should all the time, bouncing off of players correctly so it becomes unpredictable. One game we witnessed whilst waiting in the queue for PES saw a corner come in, hit a defender but then bounce off of an attacker running in. The attacker accidentally put the ball into the net thanks to his knees. It was great because you see it time and again in real life, so to see it happen in a game is a pleasure. FIFA however had no such moments. Again this may have been because of the demo limit, but even in the virtual forty five minutes that were played, there were almost no scrambles that were exciting.

The controls are almost identical for both versions, except the shooting. If you have played both FIFA and PES’s iterations last year, then you will automatically be familiar with the controls; nothing at all has been changed that we noticed. Shooting hasn’t changed a great deal either, however a lot more time and a lot more games need to be played to see what affects balancing has, what affects cutting in from the sides has and so on.

Animation-wise, both games have their own unique attributes. Players surround the referee at bad decisions, tackles and the resulting collisions are done well in both games, and the movement of the top players such as Ronaldinho is spot on. Both games again have the very short cut scenes when a player is booked and their reactions can be seen up close. Here PES caused a slight concern, as there was some slow down during the scenes. The cutting to a replay too wasn’t as smooth as you’d hope for a new generation title.

Thanks to all the background noise, nothing could really be heard from either game (you’ll notice this in the videos included in the post). There were people shouting in German all over the place, so you’ll have to wait for the demos to check out the sound. Features too naturally weren’t available for viewing; both were just straight up demos of a friendly match as you would expect.

In the short time we spent with each game then, PES probably just about wins the battle. It plays smoother than FIFA although again not looking as pretty, but the ball physics separate them apart for now. Just because PES won this battle though, does not mean it will win this year’s War: there is still a long way to go.

FIFA 08 will ship in September, with PES 2008 shipping in October for Europe. The version we played of PES was 75% complete, but there was no completion percentage for FIFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom