WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

Well still joking or not theres no real need for all this random idiot, douche, and all the other crap even calling someone 5 or 4 etc funny though!

Anyway, the way I see it now is, PES has had the better gameplay and fun multiplayer, but its never really been shown off, look at online its simple no where near as good as Fifa's I know aint heard much about the new one online, but seriously what are we hoping for, everyone knows its gonna probably be a massive leap forwardand they are gonna have the exact same as 360 PES6 and instead of 1 vs 1 we can now play 2 vs 2 woah! amazing, if only that hadnt been done already! This needs a vast improvement, then theres single player, PES is losing alt because of this aswell, look at Placebo he already said, everyone prefers different things, PES needs more leagues be it the championship correct team names but like in PS2 PES6 the world tour when you play the extra teams thrown in, they havent got proper stats and stuff do that atleast, we can edit the players, better league structure, then PES can cope with the Single Player/Master League players, the ones who just play friends, and stuff and the online gamers, im part of all three, so it saddens me, but im not as caring for each department, I dont mind the ML, as in turn I play it to play my mates ML team, then I play online, but these alone major issues needed sorting out! Fifa looks like they have the modes, just hope the gameplay is up to scratch thats my main concern, but it looks the same type of fifa from the animations movement and ball movement, but I will try it.

I guess it will be, Fifa with all the modes you can think about and all the teams you can hope for, but doesnt play the real deal, or PES with the great gameplay but barely any modes to show it off on :D

Great video TG. Thanks.
Considering how good Konami usually are when it comes down to face modeling, I'm a little bit disappointed with Aimar's. PES6 had it spot on. Looks more like Ayala here.
Game looks mad. Given I'm a soccer games fanboy I'll be getting both games this year again. I also think it will be the case for MANY members of this forum. C'mon! who can afford to wait 5/6 weeks until Pro Evo is out?

Last edited:

that 25% that is left better include tons of new goal celebration's.

Those FIFA videos look nice but faults again I see :( Looks to me exactly the same as FIFA 07 with the added gimmick of the trick stick, kinda like their 1st touch gimmick great! Hopefully im wrong when it comes to the demo!

http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/fifa-08-video-42359.html

At 1:40 the passing there I have to say myself is awful, the positioning of the ball the player and the feet, yet to pass the ball that accurate and with such power is stupid! Same old! To easy! The players at a throw in literally all stand exactly the same barely any movement aswell. Then theres the fact they all move the same to me!

Well again hope the demo proves me wrong dammit! :D

OMG..that like PES 6 for XBOX :( WHERW IS NEW ANIMATION NEXT GEN MOVIES ?? IN PES 2009 ?? WHEN ??

Yep the animation in Fifa 2008 are much better as in PES2008. But it is important how the gameplay is and not how it looks like. So play the game to get your own impressions!

Have you guys read the WENB new post? There is now sort of 2nd and 3rd opinion.

Yep the animation in Fifa 2008 are much better as in PES2008. But it is important how the gameplay is and not how it looks like. So play the game to get your own impressions!

M8 gameplay is nice too look : http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/fifa-08-video-42323.html

CPU - Man U (white) play like live man , pass , shot , skill all is so cool !
I just whan in PES 2008 , next gen moves ,animation , like fifa ,only that .

I find it odd the WENB boys are posting things about Fifa, I thought as a WE/PES focused site they would not talk about the 'other game'

I find it odd the WENB boys are posting things about Fifa, I thought as a WE/PES focused site they would not talk about the 'other game'

This is evo-web, on a thread about the next gen PES. In a GT webpage, in threads about GT5, I bet you'll get talk of how how it squares up to Forza. On a PS3 site, you will get the other machine mentioned. Try keeping the 'other' off, people will always try to compare and contrast.

Its good there something to compare with... it'll be rubbish with one main football game, just like if there was a monopoly on consoles.

Last edited:

When I saw PES 2008 for the first time, I really liked it. But the more I see it, the more I'm gonna dislike it...Still I'm gonna buy it tho, some animations have bee really improved, collisions also

If you listen to their podcast you'll realise they mention other games too. They have updates on other football games on about 80% of their shows.

i must say in the second vid of fifa that was posted when gabi milito scored the own goal the animation of his sadness was pretty bad and the graphics at the end of the half were exactly the same as fifa 07 and looked nothing really like the screenshot we had seen, the gameplay also wasnt as good as the england v germany video, but still both games are looking pretty cool and i can't wait until they come out.

i think pes is the 'other game' in this we/pes nextgen thread,are you fifa fanboys scared somebody brings you back to reality,fifa can get all the liscenses in the world,shine like a diamond,the gameplay is crap and that never changes.

Those FIFA videos look nice but faults again I see :( Looks to me exactly the same as FIFA 07 with the added gimmick of the trick stick, kinda like their 1st touch gimmick great! Hopefully im wrong when it comes to the demo!

http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/fifa-08-video-42359.html

At 1:40 the passing there I have to say myself is awful, the positioning of the ball the player and the feet, yet to pass the ball that accurate and with such power is stupid! Same old! To easy! The players at a throw in literally all stand exactly the same barely any movement aswell. Then theres the fact they all move the same to me!

Well again hope the demo proves me wrong dammit! :D

Black screens.

The way the players pass the ball still isnt right.

Am i wrong in saying that Fifa still has no weather options? tis pathetic if ts true.

Not impressed with the gameplay.

It could be the video but why is it so dark?

The running motion (1:51) in that Barca game is terrible and that so called new camera that EA have is a blatant rip off of the Sky Cam that ESPN use

Last edited:

Same old FIFA

Black screens.

The way the players pass the ball still isnt right.

Am i wrong in saying that Fifa still has no weather options? tis pathetic if ts true.

Not impressed with the gameplay.

It could be the video but why is it so dark?
No weather options is pathetic? No it isn't, because in PES 6 the rainy weather looks like shit...Look at Madden, the rain and snow looks not good either. For FIFA, they want it to look perfect, or don't add it.

And were back to fifa here stop talking about fifa this is a PES thread OK

Yep the animation in Fifa 2008 are much better as in PES2008.
I doubt that. Okay, they have a lot of tricks and so, but just look at the dribbling of the players. They are all the same clones with the same dribbling. All with the back and head deeply bend. All the same! At PES you see different players with different dribbling styles ( not new, that was there before ).
So I think the animations of PES are way better, even more at PES 2008.

WHY CAN'T WE ROTATE THE CAMERA IN REPLAYS!!!!!!!!????????????????'

No weather options is pathetic? No it isn't, because in PES 6 the rainy weather looks like shit...Look at Madden, the rain and snow looks not good either. For FIFA, they want it to look perfect, or don't add it.

In PES6 the weather didn't look like shit and the weather in Madden 08 is excellent and does its job because it affects the gameplay. How can a football game aim to be the best and not have weather options?

I doubt that. Okay, they have a lot of tricks and so, but just look at the dribbling of the players. They are all the same clones with the same dribbling. All with the back and head deeply bend. All the same! At PES you see different players with different dribbling styles ( not new, that was there before ).
So I think the animations of PES are way better, even more at the PES 2008.
In PES they all move the same, only the shooting is different. From what I've seen fron FIFA 08 isn't everybody pulling off tricks. Tevez looks very stiff to me, and Giggs/C. Ronaldo are looking much more fluent.

I'm as guilty as anyone but I do actually think it's time the mods said, you talk about PES here, you talk about FIFA in the FIFA thread, you compare the games in the PES v FIFA thread. Because it is getting ridiculous, you've got teenage boys calling people "gay" because of their choice of VIDEO GAME (which isn't exactly the most masculine of pastimes is it?), and you've got people trying to change peoples' minds when it's up to them what they play. Play whatever you want and have fun, for God's sake.

Well I just hope they bring out a PES demo :D BEFORE the game is actually out :D

Also the animations in Pro Evo are better, look more lifelike and better! Fifas look odd dunno why, just unusual and doesnt look right especially the passing, its stupid, absolute rocket pass straight to person foot while you got your back to the player it went to, only fifa can manage passes like that :D

Ajax Forever all fifas people to me also move the same, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho all run the same move them same, big defenders run the same as small fast forwards, now for me that takes a lot out of the game, in PES, its like the bigger players run more powerful, the smaller agile wingers run with more grace, especially on the ball I have noticed, the way Henry was dribbling looks so cool, you can see he can turn faster and run better than the other players etc, quality! Just hope it is as good as I hope! I want edit mode aswell, what kit templates do we have, is it same style as PS2 PES6?

Last edited:

In PES6 the weather didn't look like shit and the weather in Madden 08 is excellent and does its job because it affects the gameplay. How can a football game aim to be the best and not have weather options?
In PES 6 on 360, you saw some rain drops, it never was really raining. And the rain didn't affect the game. Also, weather in a football game isn't important to me. I like good gameplay and some good graphics. That's why I like PES and FIFA. I'm not a real game fan, I am a football fan.

I hold my hands up and I wont mention that other game again in this thread.

I hold my hands up and I wont mention that other game again in this thread.
Me neither then.;)
I didn't start about FIFA in this thread, neither did you but someone did, that's why I gave my opinion. Thats all...

In wide screen it looks like PES 6 xbox 360 but in replays the graphics are way better i think. The facial animation are Beautiful, and the kits are also better as in pes6.

But after all people will gonna love this game very much if they only played last years pes 6 on xbox 360. Because that was a half game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom