WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

I love this place, the WENB guys go to Germany and actually play the game and give an opinon, now the stanley's are saying that they have an agenda against PS3, lol this is fantastic

:) wouldnt worry lads, I think the PS3 version will get a clean-up and will be optimized and we will end up with 3 good looking versions of PES2008.. take your pic!

PC, PS3 or 360?

pes gameplay is better on ps3 , adam said it and gamespot guys said it it's slower , thats what you want all you guys complainng how fast it is so slower on ps3 with tighter control as every one is saying on gamesites.
the grapghics may be slightly better on the 360 as it was on it last year and so allready had the base of the engine on 360 ages ago , but tighter control and more control on ps3. there you have it. both have there advantages but ps3 is better in the area you want it to be i.e. gameplay.

Gameplay & feel of the game is all important so PS3 version for me. No contest

thats why i always play on Medium Long
Yeah, same here, I use to prefer normal long till PES6 came along and I went wide (eww dat sounds soo wrong..:lol: ) but its amazing how much detail is lost in those vids, so it looks like I'll be back to the long cam view again... ;)

Yay! No one is talking about comparing FIFA and PES/

When are WENB gonna talk about the gameplay, teamvision etc etc?

wenb should try to make a vid with the drogba move.

Its al about your skills! Do you start with pes5 to play pes?

No, i start with iss pro on the playstation one. and have played every single version to death, even getting them early via winning eleven, and patching them, it was my life, my passion, weekend tournaments for cash were a regular occurance with mates. some of the best times of my life.

so dont gimme the its about your skills garbage, no amount of player skill can stop those cheating gits from getting unbelievable speed from somewhere as soon as you go past them, thats fact.

i love pes, its all i have played every day for the last month, it only leaves my xbox to watch a dvd. but that doesnt mean im gonna adopt the fanboy approach.

the series is stagnant, standing still while ea evolves its game.

im mature enough to say i'll play both and buy both and enjoy whatever there is to enjoy and moan about whats rubbish.

im past all the fanboy crap, been there done that. everyone has a breaking point, even fanboys, and the way konami are going, or not going as the case may be, yours will come pretty soon.

I started with ISS Deluxe on the SNES.. I am an old skool ISS'er/PESS'er

No, i start with iss pro on the playstation one. and have played every single version to death, even getting them early via winning eleven, and patching them, it was my life, my passion, weekend tournaments for cash were a regular occurance with mates. some of the best times of my life.

so dont gimme the its about your skills garbage, no amount of player skill can stop those cheating gits from getting unbelievable speed from somewhere as soon as you go past them, thats fact.

i love pes, its all i have played every day for the last month, it only leaves my xbox to watch a dvd. but that doesnt mean im gonna adopt the fanboy approach.

im mature enough to say i'll play both and buy both and enjoy whatever there is to enjoy and moan about whats rubbish.

im past all the fanboy crap, been there done that. everyone has a breaking point, even fanboys, and the way konami are going, or not going as the case may be, yours will come pretty soon.

good post geezer

I started with ISS Deluxe on the SNES.. I am an old skool ISS'er/PESS'er

I started with the 1st ISS on SNES, yeah I'm better than you, nah just joking.

I started with ISS Pro 98, missed ISSPE and ISSPE2 due to selling my PS for a Dreamcast.

Sold PES1 after buying it because it was like football on ice, have loved every PES since though.

lol at least you know im not a n00b who hasnt experienced where it all began...:)

Anyone notice a dearth of people playing with portugal....with c.ronaldo DAMMIT I WANNA SEE SOME TRICKS!

Nick, I used to think you were alright, your starting to post like a nob end at the moment.... Mate I have spent years ignoring FIFA and playing EVERY SINGLE installment of PES since ISS Deluxe.... The fact we still see the same problems that occured in the olden PS1 days in PES annoys me. Why cant Konami generate a game engine that doesnt rely on Cheating?

I am not Lazy and as ive said time and time again I have completed all PES's up to PES6 but cant be arsed to complete 6 as im fed up with all the shit it feeds me..

FIFA has shit loads wrong with it, as does PES. We cant call either of them Realistic as neither of them are they both have some stupid shortcomings... End of

Nick, your a decent poster and a decent guy. Please dont turn into a wanker.

Nick has a good point. PES is absolutely the game with the most depth. But it takes your effort to get everything out of it. When I lay back and try a game for relaxation, i'll end up playing one game of ping pong where the pc scores his only change out of a counter in the 40th minute and i turn of the ps2 again. But when I truly go and sit for it, and get emerged in the game, its simply brilliant and subtle. But most of us have played this game to death and the frustrations have taken a overhand. Hence why we could use a different spice of meal in the form of Fifa. But in the end, PES is still be the king of football, for now.

Thats due to the Demo restricting them to a select few national teams is it not?

amem to that!
u just said pretty much what ive been doing since WE3 psone!

They can play as portugal, and Ronaldo is the coverboy makes you think hes gonna get some special attention on his player, yet ive seen no-one try a trick or two with him :(

Please guys, don't buy PES2008 or FIFA08. Rent both out first and then buy the one you prefer (if any). Why would Konami spend money on improving PES when we all buy it as soon as it is released anyway, whether it is good or bad. Try both games out first and if PES2008 is truelly as bad as people are expecting, no one should buy it. When Konami are hit in the pocket maybe we will start getting the things in this game that we have been asking for for years. POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

sorry to be honest i also started with the original iss on the snes, where they stood like john wayne, ready to "draw" and shaking on the spot like they were on drugs, im an old skooler too, i just thought we were talking bout the kcet games, i.e the pro ev's.

but yeh it kinda gets a wee bit annoyin when you got a fanboy tellin you yo dont know how to play or you dont know shit, when in actual fact you were onto your 25th coaster trying to import kits roundabout the time he was probably having his first thomas the tank!

so i always enjoy one uppin them! :)

Anyone can let me know if this game will be region free? I am in South America and I want to know if the game will have the option to select NTSC or PAL systems. Anyone? I want to be sure of this. Thanks for the info...

demos dont usually come out for pes till after its come out :( except the magical summer that was 05 (or 04) when i spent many many an hour playing Italy v Sweden...bliss :D

but yeh it kinda gets a wee bit annoyin when you got a fanboy tellin you yo dont know how to play or you dont know shit, when in actual fact you were onto your 25th coaster trying to import kits roundabout the time he was probably having his first thomas the tank!

1. I start with Konami Hyper Soccer on NES.
2. I am not a fanboy of the game
3. I win every game @pes6 against com and have no problems with the com or AI.
4. have you problems to win? do you play online?
5. I dont see the AI cheating...only scripts for the player and com. ...and yes i hate this scripts too.

A view of someone at the event was that 'Konami are lying to us'. His point being that the graphics are two different worlds when close up than when zoomed out. To be fair its a valid point. The faces and kits look incredible close up, but they certainly fall apart when in wide view. Its clear to see Konami have spent a lot of time on the faces, I went through all the squads (including bench players) and they were all picture perfect. The players models from far away look EXACT to PES6 X360, although its hard to see this when watching replays etc.

They've clearly got the players faces with an incredible amount of detail, it'll slow the game down if this was on all the players used on widecam, so different models are used. Same principal for hi-res textures and the amount of these being drawn at one time that could possibly lead to problems (slow down or limiting the available texture memory).

It'll be interesting to see how far out before the detail changes, you shouldnt notice much difference far out, simply because the amount of screen space your 512X512 face texture is being drawn in (maybe 8X8 in far cam)...

For people that have/will play the game, how was it obvious? (i.e. lose their dynamic lighting far away, or colour change, or model detail change) Or did it just look like PES6 at a distance and you didnt notice the change when zoomed in? If you didnt notice, what wrong with the X360 models in far cam?

Cheers

@Putuco Malo: It'll be region free for PS3. No word on the box.

Last edited:

pes gameplay is better on ps3 , adam said it and gamespot guys said it it's slower , thats what you want all you guys complainng how fast it is so slower on ps3 with tighter control as every one is saying on gamesites.
the grapghics may be slightly better on the 360 as it was on it last year and so allready had the base of the engine on 360 ages ago , but tighter control and more control on ps3. there you have it. both have there advantages but ps3 is better in the area you want it to be i.e. gameplay.
Hoping and praying, aren't you?

Gameplay has always been better on the PS2, yet the Xbox versions were just fine. It will be the same on the next-gen systems.

Pretty much equals everything out, IMO.

Anyone can let me know if this game will be region free? I am in South America and I want to know if the game will have the option to select NTSC or PAL systems. Anyone? I want to be sure of this. Thanks for the info...

ALL PS3 games are and will be region free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom