WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

suff made a recent comments on the blog and said that game says english premier league and german league licensed

Every year I have to hear how close FIFA is to PES, how PES isnt changing but FIFA is making leaps and bounds and how this is the year for FIFA.
Yet when I play FIFA it just doesnt do it for me but PES keeps me busy for months, granted its not perfect (if there ever was such a thing) but it is (....or was??...) the most enjoyable footy game to PLAY.

Every year I read the same posts from the same people. I dont who is more pathetic, me or them?

i only heard WENB saying xbox360 version looks better, all the other sites and blogs says its the PS3 the best version...

suff made a recent comments on the blog and said that game says english premier league and german league licensed

im not saying they are bias, mybe they really thought the xbox360 looks better, but theres alot of other sites saying its the ps3 the best version...and imo they are the same from what ive seen so far.

btw if thats true, thats great news. EPL licensed :applause:

regarding the epl licensed, on the blog suffwan's name is in blue and this time it isn't. could some guy be playing a prank on us? im sorry if i sound like an idiot!

If it's not in blue (which means he hasn't logged in), it's not him.

btw and if that was true wouldnt he just open an article on the blog saying EPL licensed on PES08, insted of just posting a comment?

imo that sounds BS

im confused ( well not really cos now my mind is clear about what version is better)

now even WENB says, the best choice is the PS3 version.

"I think right now the most enjoyable version will be on Sony's machine." by Adam

Only because he's used to the PlayStation controller anyway.

360 version looks better, and he's sticking with that opinion.

Sigh, every multiformat game looks better on 360 :mrgreen:

Only because he's used to the PlayStation controller anyway.

360 version looks better, and he's sticking with that opinion.

Sigh, every multiformat game looks better on 360 :mrgreen:

oblivion looks better on PS3 and its a xbox360 port for the ps3 :8): ur "facts" just went down the toiled.

Apart from shots automatically being put wide sometime if someone's in the way I enver see any AI cheating, there's alot of times when things just go my way in PES.

You must be lazy when you're playing PES, hence why you prefer FIFA, because it's a slow knock around.
Nick, I used to think you were alright, your starting to post like a nob end at the moment.... Mate I have spent years ignoring FIFA and playing EVERY SINGLE installment of PES since ISS Deluxe.... The fact we still see the same problems that occured in the olden PS1 days in PES annoys me. Why cant Konami generate a game engine that doesnt rely on Cheating?

I am not Lazy and as ive said time and time again I have completed all PES's up to PES6 but cant be arsed to complete 6 as im fed up with all the shit it feeds me..

FIFA has shit loads wrong with it, as does PES. We cant call either of them Realistic as neither of them are they both have some stupid shortcomings... End of

Nick, your a decent poster and a decent guy. Please dont turn into a wanker.

oblivion looks better on PS3 and its a xbox360 port for the ps3 :8): ur "facts" just went down the toiled.
No they didnt because... GET YOUR FACTS right :)

They touched up the GFX for the PS3 version so of course it will look better.. I mean how long did it take for it to come out on the PS3? over a year after the original 360 release so plenty of time to improve it and its been well stated that they have. Im convinced the 360 is equal to the task. One day though this will change and im sure the PS3 will surpass the 360.

For goodness sake! what he means by that is that Spurs and Newcastle are the Premier League teams that are licensed...

How many times do we have to post the Licensing situation regarding the EPL and EA...?

Nothing there, and still no box shots.

If the boxes are crap I'll buy FIFAAAAARRRRR!!!!!!!!
Ha lol... untucked shirts? ok ill buy this over FIFA :) also Walt Disney licensed? man I gotta buy this!

Hmmmm, funny enough I also had the same thoughts (adam spoke about) about the graphical detail diminishing when the game goes into the wide cam. Especially when I saw that deco foul on tevez replay, tbh I was shocked that the game looked that good, then it went back to wide cam and I thought, "wait a minute... nah, its just me seeing things", but apparantly not now adam's said the same thing. I don't think the cam can be changed with the playable demos there, or else we can get suff or adam to try maybe using a closer camera (kinda like fifa08, they got it spot on btw), so we can see if there's less loss of detail as present?....

Nothing there, and still no box shots.

If the boxes are crap I'll buy FIFAAAAARRRRR!!!!!!!!

ive heard the pes2008 cover looks like the pes4 cover....( player faces?! C.Ronaldo face with other players face next to his!? mybe)

ok man calm down i was jsut trying to help ........
Dude I do apologize, the thing is if you read through this 300 page haul of a thread you will see that many many times we have mentioned the reasons why the FAPL wont be licensed in PES due to the exclusive deal with EA.

i know mate it cant be done :/ we can only hope for 2010 maybe lol

Hmmmm, funny enough I also had the same thoughts (adam spoke about) about the graphical detail diminishing when the game goes into the wide cam. Especially when I saw that deco foul on tevez replay, tbh I was shocked that the game looked that good, then it went back to wide cam and I thought, "wait a minute... nah, its just me seeing things", but apparantly not now adam's said the same thing. I don't think the cam can be changed with the playable demos there, or else we can get suff or adam to try maybe using a closer camera (kinda like fifa08, they got it spot on btw), so we can see if there's less loss of detail as present?....

thats why i always play on Medium Long

I have to see the depth of the field so I use the wide cam, it helps when your building up your attack.

im confused ( well not really cos now my mind is clear about what version is better)

now even WENB says, the best choice is the PS3 version.

"I think right now the most enjoyable version will be on Sony's machine." by Adam

well and i have a ps3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom