WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

Guys, the more I watch pes videos more I see PES6 :roll:

me too :( ah well, to be honest ill buy it as i imagine 99.9% of the forum will and itll do for a year (in that im going to play pro evo and even if its a tiny update its still a tiny bit better than pes6 therfore IS BETTER than pes6)

Half of me is thinking "dont buy it send a message" but in reality not enought people will refuse to buy it on principle.

I had a dream last night that Konami said " Were stopping making pro evo" a bad thought, id rather an update than nothing

I dont see that comment...
"Suffwan said...
Played Fifa, more of the same. We have some videos, including some of the PS3 version. Nothing different from EA."

No offence to WENB but I don't trust that, A) with them being a WE fansite, B) after my contact/friend telling me that PES2008 and FIFA 08 are closer than ever this year, and C) after seeing the FIFA video (Eng v Ger) of the passing movement for myself. If Kenny M (who is from this forum but clearly not a fanboy) has a go of it in Leipzig tomorrow and says it's the same then I'll believe it - and resign myself to Football Manager for another year.

Last edited:

"Suffwan said...
Played Fifa, more of the same. We have some videos, including some of the PS3 version. Nothing different from EA."

No offence to WENB but I don't trust that A) being a WE fansite and B) after seeing the FIFA video of the passing movement. If Kenny M (who is from this forum but clearly not a fanboy) has a go of it in Leipzig tomorrow and says it's the same then I'll believe it (and resign myself to Football Manager for another year).

I agree with you, oh no, we maybe Labelled as Fifa fanboys, lol

To be honest that just sounds like maybe they are a bit fed up, i would be too if i went all that way and got a bit of a dissapointment, they should take heart everyone here is 100% greatful and thanks them for going

To be honest that just sounds like maybe they are a bit fed up, i would be too if i went all that way and got a bit of a dissapointment, they should take heart everyone here is 100% greatful and thanks them for going

I feel sorry for them, the whole things seems like a wash-out

"Suffwan said...

No offence to WENB but I don't trust that, A) with them being a WE fansite, B) after my contact/friend telling me that PES2008 and FIFA 08 are closer than ever this year, and C) after seeing the FIFA video (Eng v Ger) of the passing movement for myself. If Kenny M (who is from this forum but clearly not a fanboy) has a go of it in Leipzig tomorrow and says it's the same then I'll believe it - and resign myself to Football Manager for another year.

WENB have been as guilty as hyping FIFA on these forums as anybody!

FIFA's always a great game...

until it comes out ;)

i'm hoping adam can have a chat with his contacts from konami as he is staying in leipzig for all of the event and hopefully he can get some extra info regarding features etc

"Suffwan said...

Sorry but I also don't see that comment anywhere on WENB,
so I'll wait on that one personally.

No one needs to tear their shirts in despair the facts aren't all in yet....

Last edited:

i like this move

4knz1c2.gif

You can do that move in 6, press run then stop and left then right in quick succession :)

Never goes that quickly though. Love the way he goes down, if it were FIFA he'd do something stupid like fall backwards or jump off the screen like Mario.

"Suffwan said...

cmon jack, besides the trick stick, fifa still has the same crossing and shooting, they may have tweaked the passing, but it still looks similiar, do you think these guys are going to lie to you? Why?

Sorry but I also don't see that comment anywhere on WENB,
so I'll wait on that one personally.

No one needs to tear their shirts in despair the facts aren't all in yet....
Erm, I'm loving the look of FIFA, why would I lie about something bashing it?

CLICK HERE and look for the post with the date and time-stamp of 22 August 2007 17:59 (or press "find in this page" in your browser and type in "Suffwan" - it's his third post).

cmon jack, besides the trick stick, fifa still has the same crossing and shooting, they may have tweaked the passing, but it still looks similiar, do you think these guys are going to lie to you? Why?
Because they're a WE site? You don't know the stipulations of the contracts they have with people, for their Konami contacts they might be under some kind of clause to not mention (or badmouth when asked about it) FIFA. I've seen it before on websites that have contacts - Konami are a business and they'd do the same.

But saying that, see the FIFA 08 thread, as there's another guy who's said the same thing. I'm no fanboy so I'll admit it's looking like both games are pretty-much unchanged now.

Last edited:

lol ok then, must admit it does look nice fast and the little touch at the end adds some spice

Suffwan said...
Played Fifa, more of the same. We have some videos, including some of the PS3 version. Nothing different from EA.

that's what suff said, same old malarky from fifa fake gameplay hahahahaha

To every PES veteran fifa is gonna feel like crap simply because you play and see with the pesbiased eye, you expect player to run like pes, shoot like pes pass like pes.

You need someone who hasn't played pes for 10 years to give a honest view.

Last year fifa 360 got 8 in most review, I would give it 3 for the same reason, i keep expecting it to be pes.

JESUS! Can we drop this whole FIFA is gonna be great thing allready? ¬_¬ This tread is called PES 2008 you know. You realy think FIFA is going to be great just because it looks better? Heh, mark my words "Same shit... different toilet"

WORD

Im sick of this FIFA bullshit...Isn't there a proper place for these people?

Are Suff and Adam kidnapped? :D
Nothing since last night on the blog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom