WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

Wenb guys don't want to speak poorly about PES so i am sure we'll hear little or nothing. Most likely at the end of the day they will say something like "once u play it for a long time you really feel it is great game" just to please those PRs who gave them freem press pass.

For those antififa the first comments from specialized press are all very good. First comments about pes are mostly "very similar to last pes 360".

At the end who care which is the best, we have the power to buy the one we like the most.

Absolutely, I am one of those people. I haven't played single player PES since PES4. Even then I was getting bored. I also broke a total of 11 PS2 pads due to the "cheating" computer, so it was obviously causing more harm than a computer game ever should.
Off-topic, the most frustrating game I've ever played (with PES's ML a close second, which caused the demolition of two pads) is Virtua Tennis 3 on the 360.

This is absolutely true, I played Nathan Blake in the first round of a tournament, first to four sets wins. I went three sets up, nice and easy, could have done it blindfolded, then all of a sudden he starts hitting balls like a cannon shoots cannonballs. BANG, 3-1. BANG, 3-2. BANG, 3-3. Didn't stand a fucking chance, talk about rubber-band AI. And as if to demonstrate that to the letter of the word, in the final set, every single time I scored he scored. 15-0. 15-15. 30-15. 30-30. 40-30. Deuce.

It continued into the deuce - advantage me, deuce, advantage me, deuce - until FIFTEEN deuces later, he got the advantage, and then powered the ball past me. 40 minutes of my life wasted.

I thought to myself, if I keep this anger inside me, I'm going to get cancer. So I picked up a few blank CDs and smashed them to smithereens. And I've not played the game since.

I played fifa 2007 for a while and the are no differnece between ronaldinho and thuram. IT feels the same!

If this doesn't change in 08, I'll probably stick to PES for another year. In PES I feel the difference between C. Ronaldo and Ronaldinho.

I thought to myself, if I keep this anger inside me, I'm going to get cancer. So I picked up a few blank CDs and smashed them to smithereens. And I've not played the game since.

In these sort of cases, Dr. airjoca recommends watching "The Big Lebowski". Thou shall feel like a chilled dude.

fifa gameplay is still shit, players are looking the other way and pass in a completely different direction. fuckin fake game.

Maybe a nuke storm on footy games industry and a zero based developing would be a good chance for us. :)

here are some pes fanboys who tell us we should not judge about a game (PES2008) we havent played yet. Well I can say I have played PES6 a lot so I doubt that I didnt have played PES2008 as well.

Maybe a nuke storm on footy games industry and a zero based developing would be a good chance for us. :)

Would love to see that. Like every 3 years they start from the ground up.

I work as a web designer and there is a project called the May5th Reboot, it basically means every year your site is wiped and redesigned from the ground on that one day. It would stop this yearly minor update crap.

Can we please stop all this 'not next-gen' bollocks? Could you play the 360 version on a PS2 without cutting anything? No? Well, it's next-gen then isn't it :P

Would love to see that. Like every 3 years they start from the ground up.

I work as a web designer and there is a project called the May5th Reboot, it basically means every year your site is wiped and redesigned from the ground on that one day. It would stop this yearly minor update crap.

That's a good practice in more than one activity.
The problem here is the lack of real competitiveness to gain customers, so anyone trouble himself in risky innovation. IMO.

Maybe we can take a petition to format all Konami servers, so that force they to innovate the game. ;)

Even our HD need format sometimes... why not konami servers?

How can the 360 version look sharper when Konami didn't use Xbox 360 Elites with HDMI, but used PS3s with HDMI?

Why are there soo many fucking fan boys on here ? How can people talk about graphics when we haven't seen the game in proper HD ? We've seen a game @ %75 FFS, it's not like i is 90%, then we could react like how half the people are on here.

How can the 360 version look sharper when Konami didn't use Xbox 360 Elites with HDMI, but used PS3s with HDMI?
Thats a poser of a question.... not sure mate unless the 360 pumps out the graphics better than the PS3 does...

Why are there soo many fucking fan boys on here ? How can people talk about graphics when we haven't seen the game in proper HD ? We've seen a game @ %75 FFS, it's not like i is 90%, then we could react like how half the people are on here.
You mean people like you... who rants and then says something stupid like 75%... face it mate the game isnt going to radically change in the next month before its released! this is pretty much how it will be come final release. They dont have the time to dramatically change anything...

what difference does that make? it depends on how the tv was set up and what resolutions were getting used etc.

This place is fooked up. You should all read yourselves its laughable. People taking a pot shot at fifa, people taking potshots at pes.

There are few constructive comments on here, its just all sounds like a school canteen and my game is better than yours chat.

IMO Opinion PES 2008 looks better than pes6 on 360 and to me thats a great improvement because that was bollox. Ill wait till I have played it before ultimately deciding but that is what I feel after LOOKING at videos not playing the game.

Ill keep my FIFA comments to the appropriate thread.

I know it's FIFA Street I'm saying that, that's what FIFA is turning into.

duth gamesite insidegamer also found ps3 version looking better,but i think both versions are going to be just fine when released,konami does not want to show they have a favorite,as long as games get sold.

Do you really believe at the 75% bedtime story?

Last edited:

You mean people like you... who rants and then says something stupid like 75%... face it mate the game isnt going to radically change in the next month before its released! this is pretty much how it will be come final release. They dont have the time to dramatically change anything...

:lmao:

I can tell you this, i'm not a fan boy. I'm not going around saying FIFA is shit or PES is shit ect. Do you expect the game to devolop from 0% too 25% ? 25% to 50% ? 50% to 75% ? I can tell you for free that I do. So i'm expecting things to be sorted out from 75% to 100%. I never said rapidly change, people are going on like the graphics look like something from the PS2, where as it doesn't just needs to be sharpened and fine tuned. And the other day I was bored so I played the demo and then played the complete version of PES6. There are diffrences, you will notice them and demo's are at what ? 90 % ? 95 %? So if change can happen from theer then change can happen from now untill the release of PES.

I know it's FIFA Street I'm saying that, that's what FIFA is turning into.

Whuppsie. :lol: Sorry. :mrgreen:

you really believe at the 75% bedtime story?

Ok, maybe not 75 % But they've still got time to make some changes and fine tune things. The only graphical judgemnet im making is when the demo comes out or we get a proper HD video with all the info about the TV, console ect.

Some people say we have only some vids and we must wait to play the game. Yes, true, it's right.

Some industry personage said to wait the game "in motion" and here we are.

We have only videos. But videos let's see something, for example motions and ball trajectories, and in general a look and feel much like PES6.

Last edited:

dejavu! you beat me to it. I was about to say Remember TG saying "Wait till you see it in Motion.. thats where the real difference is!"

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom