WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

woohoo, that´s what i was waiting for! you should be happy about what´s happening this year! it seems to be an equal battle this time between fifa and pes which is the best for the consumers because the more they battle the best games will come out the next year(s).
anyways, i´ll wait for demos of both games. the fifa one will be released on monday i guess, so let´s see.

@ Han, reading the insidegamer comments i get the impression that they are basing their 360 experience on the beta they received instead of the on floor demo at gc. Maybe thats why they think/it is slightly better. I would trust adam's comments more tbh. Which isnt to strange as the 360 has ha dthe game running since pes6, whereas ps3 is still playing development catchup.

I really don't understand all the fuzz though,
It's not a world war 3 or something. Just 2 games that releases a new version of the game every year. PES was just better the last couple of years but now maybe... I say, MAYBE Fifa is the better one.

It's just a mather of taste.

Still hoping PES gonna be better than Fifa every year cause PES already
gave me years of joy.

@ Han, reading the insidegamer comments i get the impression that they are basing their 360 experience on the beta they received instead of the on floor demo at gc. Maybe thats why they think/it is slightly better. I would trust adam's comments more tbh. Which isnt to strange as the 360 has ha dthe game running since pes6, whereas ps3 is still playing development catchup.
Yes, I certainly trust Adam's judgement more. I hope they this time make a video I can hear ;) Last video was impossible to hear what they said, so I don't know what their judgement was...
On the other hand, how can the 360 be the better one? It's ported from the PS3 itself!
I have also sent a PM to Kenny to ask him for watching the pace of the game. It looks fast, but it can be the video...

Last edited:

Although wasnt the 360 version next to the PS3 version on the GC floor???

Yes, I certainly trust Adam's judgement more. I hope they this time make a video I can hear ;) Last video was impossible to hear what they said, so I don't know what their judgement was...
On the other hand, how can the 360 be the better one? It's ported from the PS3 itself!
I have also sent a PM to Kenny to ask him for watching the pace of the game. It looks fast, but it can be the video...

for SURE I trust Adam more because at insidegamer I heared the voices of those two s*ckers of that PES demo video while playing in the backyard. bunch of noobs.

I think to all of us who love PES but are not biased it is pretty clear that the game is not evolving as we expected. It is still good and solid but very videogamish with the ball costantly sent to a player in 8 predictable directions, we want the ball sent into space in 360 directions. Same with shooting. And no more scripted deflections saves bounces etc.

We know the game by heart it is becoming dull to play

Some more fifa (dunno if someone else posted it)
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/59702,world-first-peek-at-fifa-08.aspx

And where are the WENB Fellows??? Don't tell me they are playing fifa......well they can always change the name into FIFANB......

Last edited:

not saying nothing until i play both first hand

fifa always looks the part but when u get the control pad in ur hand its shit.

not saying nothing until i play both first hand

fifa always looks the part but when u get the control pad in ur hand its shit.

In the past it's true.
Let's hope this time will be different.

Let's say also that if PES2008 final version wont has 360 degrees pass/shoot/move it wont be considered next-gen and we cant give they 70 euros.

Last edited:

at least EA trying hard to give the fans what they want unlike konami only thinking about the money with a little bit of change in the game play every time with simple trick or mode !! am not waiting for PES2008 after i saw the videos any more and really the game become shity from PES6 on both PS2 and 360

I think to all of us who love PES but are not biased it is pretty clear that the game is not evolving as we expected. It is still good and solid but very videogamish with the ball costantly sent to a player in 8 predictable directions, we want the ball sent into space in 360 directions. Same with shooting. And no more scripted deflections saves bounces etc.

We know the game by heart it is becoming dull to play

Some more fifa (dunno if someone else posted it)
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/59702,world-first-peek-at-fifa-08.aspx

no hasn't been posted thx

Adam didnt look happy, infact he looked and sounded downbeat about PES2008. I also spoke to a friend of mine who has managed to score some time with PES2008 on the Xbox 360, he did say it feels more refined than PES6 360. graphically its slightly easier on the eye but mostly its the same as PES6. That does disappoint me somewhat but judging by what he said about it being more refined I may well get this anyway.

still no box art?

GC '07: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 Hands-On

Jumping at the chance to play the first version of Pro Evolution Soccer for the PlayStation 3, we were pleased to see how good the game looked. Now 75% through development, the game looks noticeably sharper on the PS3 at this point than on the Xbox 360.

Fight!

Last edited:

blacksheep said:
Although wasnt the 360 version next to the PS3 version on the GC floor???

The way they wrote it they were refering to the beta they already had, instead of playing the 360 floor version. There was no mention that they had.

Adam's impressions were that the 360 version was sharper, more colour and more responsive then the ps3. Couldnt make much more out though.

Its not though is it, the base is a non specific version that gets ported to each console and its the same base engine as the pes360 version. Its only natural, atleast in my view, that the 360 would be running slightly better as they know the platform better by now.

I think seabass' comments is more to do with more focus on the ps3 version, but not the actual engine. It would also be kind of obvious as teh ps3 version needs more focus to get it running as its new to that platform, whereas the 360 version is already done.

Any concrete news about the pc vesion (most likely the one I0 will be playing)????

Fifa nets still look crap ....graphics are superb but gameplay looks the same to me.

It's current gen, and i don't wanna know you're opinion about FIFA....

lol it is nexgen fifa...look @ the grafics. But its look like fifa 2005-2007 with new animations

PS: ....so why do you read my post?

at least EA trying hard to give the fans what they want unlike konami only thinking about the money with a little bit of change in the game play every time with simple trick or mode !! am not waiting for PES2008 after i saw the videos any more and really the game become shity from PES6 on both PS2 and 360

I have to disagree with you there. EA throw money at the series and add gimmicks and polish, but they have not got the core gameplay to work seince FIFA96.

To be honest I don't think either of them look that good from seeing the vids and stills but I thought the same thing about Motorstorm and I now know this to be a fantastic game.

it looks better then pes 2008, so you think it's next gen...but it isn't

the grafics and animtaions looks better but the gameplay is the same shit!

In 07 i hated to score a goal cause it allways felt scripted and the same.The passes,shoots,crosses....are all scripted.

Another thing that i hate in fifa is the there are no difference between the player stats. In PES you can run with Martins or Henry and you feel his speed and acceleration in compare to viduka who have more body balance. In fifa i feel no difference between Henry and Trezegeut. I dont feel the better technic(Zidane) of a player or the better (long) pass ability and so on....

...and the videos shows me the same game like fifa 2005-2007. It looks great but dont have a realistic gameplayfeeling.

Last edited:

the grafics and animtaions looks better but the gameplay is the same shit!

In 07 i hated to score a goal cause it allways felt scripted and the same.The passes,shoots,crosses....are all scripted.

Another thing that i hate in fifa is the there are no difference between the player stats. In PES you can run with Martins or Henry and you feel his speed and acceleration in compare to viduka who have more body balance. In fifa i feel no difference between Henry and Trezegeut. I dont feel the better technic(Zidane) of a player or the better (long) pass ability and so on....

...and the videos shows the same game like fifa 2005-2007. It looks great but dont have a realistic gameplayfeeling.
it's current gen, next gen gameplay will be totally different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom