WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

Unique3, what movie and what's the time i've got to look closely ??

I downloaded the gamespot vid in a higher resolution and to be honest I must say it is not perfect either. For example at some point 3 England defenders are marking the same striker while an attacking midfielder can have a clear shot on goal. And somewhere at the end a player is performing the back heel lob and his defender could of see it coming miles ahead but is acting like he is just coded not to touch the ball.

People say this EVERY year: "FIFA is going to be MUCH better now. Finally FIFA will be better than PES". FIFA usually feels great the first time, and then it's all downhill, while PES only gets better the more you play it. I felt a bit disappointed the first time I played both PES5 and PES6, but that didn't last very long. When I start playing PES2008, I will know that I have to be a bit patient before I finally see the light.

PES gameplay has lots and lots of depth. That's what makes the game so good. You can't just watch some 2 minute videos of people playing it for the first time and think you've seen what its all about.

So you're right about playing it before judging it.

I totally agree,
Last year when I first played both PES6 and Fifa07, I saw a huge improvment in the second one !! best atmosphere, best animations...but no realism as you can score the same goal, the defence positionning was sooo ugly and the skills too "Fifa street" like !
On the other hand, the more I was playing PES6 and more I was finding new animations, new styles of play...etc
And when you become a master on FIFA it become too easy to perform your attaks but on PES6 you can push the game to your own realism.
When I play PES6 with to different teams, I don't play the same way.
When I play FIFA with to different teams, I have the feeling of "déjà vu".

And I think it will be the same on the Next Gen !
Look at the FIFA08 video, the animations are great but all the players have the same animations. All are from Ronaldinho's motion capture :roll:

I am not in the least bit convinced that FIFA08 will be better than PES2008. I will reserve judgement, of course, until I have played both.

To be perfectly honest, I usually hate a new incarnation of WE/PES for the first few days of playing it. I ALWAYS think the game looks shit in demos and films online.

But when the actual game arrives and I have given it some TIME, I am always completely bowled over but the greatness of it. WE/PES are the benchmark when it comes to footie games and FIFA has not even been close. This might not be the case this time, but I can't see anything in the FIFA vids that would say otherwise.

When I play PES6 with to different teams, I don't play the same way.
When I play FIFA with to different teams, I have the feeling of "déjà vu".

And I think it will be the same on the Next Gen !
Look at the FIFA08 video, the animations are great but all the players have the same animations. All are from Ronaldinho's motion capture :roll:

:applause:

Althought to be fair to Feefi I think they used a few people (3 or 4) for motion capture.

Not convinced on the Fifa animations tho, nice animations, not very smooth animation translations. Fifa is also finished.

OMG.I have watched fifa videos and I am surprised.It cant be so good. pes2008 is a big disappointment. I didnt want to buy fifa BUT for the first time fifa videos are much better than pes. Im really unhappy.I will buy Fifa for the first time since 1999.

We must do something.DONT BUY PES2008. It's the only thing we can do.We have to show them our disappointment.

Konami HAS to change the gameplay engine.They have to make a new game from the beginning.This old technology is dead.They cant do nothing else.The tweaks are over now.They need a big change.

Sorry for my bad English

off topic : the mod of pes gaming said that their forum is boring lol and he said evo web is always busy WELL DONE LADS :P

:applause:

Althought to be fair to Feefi I think they used a few people (3 or 4) for motion capture.

Not convinced on the Fifa animations tho, nice animations, not very smooth animation translations. Fifa is also finished.

i've watched the PES2008 videos and the animation in that is not great either.

some very clunky changes (judder and sliding across the grass without moving their feet) and silly toe poke animations as normal.

so i think it's pretty even.

what happened to the WENB team still suffering from a hangover from german beer loool ???

hahahah i told you all that pes2008 on ps2 will be nearly exactly the same as winning eleven jleague club championship 07, watch the ps2-vid:

http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/pro-evolution-soccer-2008-video-42283.html

and admin on german forum played it yesterday, he confirmed it

edit: of course i wont play it on ps2 ... for me was interesting because of pesleague germany, we play on ps2 (maybe next year change to ps3)

OMG just saw the fifa video on gamspot. That was unbelivable. That was next gen. I am playing pes since iss pro evo in 99. But this time i am very exitied about fifa. What's happening? All this years buying pro evo and it's seems that i am getting a fifa game. The last time i bought a fifa game was fifa 99 on ps1.
Is EA winnig this time?

I've always said to my friends that the perfect Football game would have been PES with FIFA animations and atmosphere (with Licences of Course) !!
But Surely I would give FIFA08 a try cause the big hole between the two games was the gameplay and also the AI.
My brother who began to play these 2 games 2 years ago, was playing FIFA like a PRO after 2 weeks but was playing CORRECTLY PES6 after 4 months.

I loved the signature of someone on Evo Web "PES is for the PRO, FIFA is for the novice"

i've watched the PES2008 videos and the animation in that is not great either.

some very clunky changes (judder and sliding across the grass without moving their feet) and silly toe poke animations as normal.

so i think it's pretty even.

I agree, animations its about even...

fifa allway had the best animations but gameplay is for pes

boxing my frustrations away on ps2 again.
every day im refreshing 3000 times on evo web hoping
someone will have a video that shows me all the other videos
were just nightmares:-\"

Oh yeah one more thing. If you see the fifa video the play is much more calmer. More realistic. If you see the pes video it's just too fast and brutal gameplay. There is no pause in the game. It's like the players in pes are on steroids.
ps I can't believe that I am defending fifa over pes

i bet seabass did not go to leipzig becoz he would be ashamed of his own game :p lol and he said that he is not going coz '' he wants to complete the game '' :D

embraceuk1 said:
Just wait until you see PES 2010, like PES3 the changes will be fantastic but until then try to enjoy.

that's so lame... :roll: "wait until PES 2010"??? We want to play NOW!

Last edited:

@ashkan: no one can. But its obvious. Konami didnt do their homework. They released crap like a PES6.1 and want to sell it to us as PES NEXT GEN. Haha.

i think pes2008 on ps2 (!!!) will be exactly (perhaps not exactly but nearly) the same as this jlwe2007cc ... all magazines say "on first play you think you play pes6, only slight difference in gameplay" and i would say this is also the case in jlwe2007cc

yeah perhaps on pc/ps3/x360 but on ps2 it will be different (like wejlcc maybe)

who believe there will be a huge difference in gameplay from jlwe2007cc in pes2008 ps2-version (!)??? i dont but we will see, i'll play it in 3 weeks

!!!

@ashkan: no one can. But its obvious. Konami didnt do their homework. They released crap like a PES6.1 and want to sell it to us as PES NEXT GEN. Haha.

And the funniest thing is that you're gonna buy it :lol:

what the hell have they done in the last 18 months?

- 6 months new menus
- 4 months for the whistle
- 3 days for teamvision
- 1 day for new animations
- 2 months for 4 new teams
- 5 months for pub cutscenes

or did they just play FIFA for the last 17 months and started with the programming of PES2008 last month ? That would explain the late screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom