WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

pretty dissapointed. these video detail a lot. the game is very similar to last years 360 build though the grass looks great

fifa although probably the same has added a great trick system this year that is very reminescent of NBA Streeet homecourts trick styles so i kinda like that

thx tuta

yes some funny things on there like the funny speeds of the players runing animations, not sure if it is the cam to vid conversion doing that or what.

BUt these vids are alot clearer than previous ones and I actually am starting to like the graphics and animations a bit more now. expecialy the replays. Quite clear that the improvements are in small steps from the 360 PES6 but improved nonetheless.

Obviously Seabass has a policy of "if it aint broke, then dont fix it policy" so no dramatic changes but I am now starting to see the improvements

I still believe............

On the dutchside: www.insidegamer.nl they say (and the have played both versions):

"at the end the ps3-version was the best of the two. Although it's hard to say after a few games, framerate is better, game is more fluid, and the game just looks a little better".

well i see this depends on opinions...

imo both look the same. mybe gamers who has a PS3 will say ps3 looks better, gamers who has a x360 will say its x360.

300 lol its been a great 300 pages cant wait for the install ment of vids, well im actually behind i havent even seen wenb last 2 vids the ones tuta just posted because i am browsing on my psp :s

I think the PC version must be being run at a really shitty low resolution - because it doesn't look anywhere near as sharp!

cheers tuta

http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/video-pro-evolution-soccer-2008-8606-0-0.html

Videos 4-5-6 are from PC, 360 & ps3.
Some time in the team formation menu (strategies...).

Seems to me like the widescreen aspect ratio isn't correct on the PC version, the image looks stretched. Maybe it needs some lodmixing...

Edit: about visual quality, I'd like to know the connections being used for every version.

Last edited:

i agree
And the sprinting animation needs to fixed

I've seen some videos that seem a tad slow, and some that are really fast.

I hope the actual gamespeed will be not too fast, not to slow... but realistic. I hope Ronaldinho will run 30m with the same speed as he does in real life.

holy shit...I saw some stats!

Henry Shot acc 94 shot power 88

Wow Tevez looks shit...

Here are the Henry stats I could make out:

FK acc 89
Curve 88
L pass acc 83
L pass spd 83
Shot acc 94
Shot Pwr 88

Right I have had a look at the majority ofthe videos and I can say that I am OK with them, not dissapointed at all, but not like over the moon, but I never really am to be honest with videos, as most of the feelings and views come from playing the game your way for couple of days to see how it goes, thats just me, the cameras dont show off what the game is like in HD, doesnt show the true speed, and no way does it make us feel the flow of the game as we dont feel the responsiveness of the game. Also the fact most that are playing dont really play well, they do things too soon, dont take their time especially with the shooting hence why I think most are moaning about shooting animations etc.

On to my opinion asif any one cares :D

The presentation is top notch, and the game looks great, tbh PES6 wasnt great, more above average for a footy game much below par for a PES game, well I didnt like it but ill move on, I like the graphics, they arent spectacular not as good as fifa, but I reckon the faces are better, well some are. I like the simple shading, I think it looks realistic and is a nice effect, the colours are vibrant for a change and nice looking, but textures of kits are not very good, probably the main reason it doesnt look as good as fifa, the stadium itself is cool, but the pitch from afar is nice, the design however awful, patchy? Why? Upclose looks worse and the same as PES6, great! Hopefully we can edit it A LOT and in DETAIL!
The sprinting does look weird maybe because its slow down or sped up, but I think that its cool they run different, some run head down, some head up, some straight, some bent forward slightly, at onestage I noticed a player running with powerful arm strokes, as you could see his back proper going for it, this was in a replay however and others just swing their arms faster, well I noticed it, might be I saw them in different cycles of the run, like accelerate for start, or slow down to stop etc. Animations look good, celebrations and tackles and complaining to ref etc are top notch, great facials, body language everything, like the new camera for penalties too.

Anyway cant really say much about gameplay as thats best to play it.

Now with PES6 there were several things I wanted personally adjusted as I really didnt like it in PES6 360 anyway:

Faster Turning/More Responsive - It looks faster so im happy, just need to test response :D
Better Faces and More - Again achieved
Better vibrant colours and kits etc - Well kits move, and look better colours, shame about textures next installment maybe
Better Shooting - cant test so dunno
Better heading for goal - Dunno again need demo or something!
Better passes well aim anyway - As i thought this was the worst for it, hopefully better looks kinda better but again have to play myself

So im happy so far most I have to test now, but tbh its better not much though, but its understandable I suppose, aint even heard about online mode yet either... Anyway next year they have to do a PES3, as it is after all the time to do so, if there is no OVERHAUL, its gonna be bad thats all I can say, so many easy features to apply and much to do, people aint happy now, and more wont then, its annoying.

They messed up with PES6 360, this was their time to fix that, which they look like they have done, but next year an improvement wont do, we need the real next gen NEW GAME!

Fifa 08 demo should be fun 27th yeah!

Also is it still true there is a next gen mode un talked about? Sorry for huge post!

Last edited:

new to the discussion... anyways, I think the fast gameplay speed of some videos could be due to the resolution?

who cares about graphics if it plays like crap.. we have to wait and play

the 360 degree movement of the players in fifa does look incredible... in that respect it looks much more polished than pes

Has anyone saw the improved quick free kicks with no black screen ?...I saw it in the PS2 version video but the screen was still there.

I've seen all the videos and screens.

It looks OK. Not anything spectacular, but ok. The grass looks great from a distance, and the flow of the game is not bad. (Although in Fifa 08, both the pitch and the flow of the game seem YEARS AHEAD of PES2008)

The crowds look terrible in celebration cutscenes...etc. The crowd audio and atmosphere is terrible. The GAME IN MOTION IS VERY OVER-RATED. I just can't believe the number of contacts, magazine prevews and articles that kept saying, "You have to see the game in motion to believe it". All i saw was a slightly improved PES6 in-motion.

The angular "8-axis" look of the game is very annoying. It makes the entire game look current-gen in its movement. Fifa08 doesn't have 360 movement, but the AMAZING animations and player movement seems very life-like.

To sum up:

- Not enough time spent on a variety of normal animations.
- Hardly next-gen crowd audio and graphics.
- Dominant angular play.
- AI cheating (or trying to make game difficult in a wrong way) obvious with star players usually losing very easy chances.
- Too many cut passes.
- Good grass.
- Poor sounds (Ball passing, crowds, players...etc)

On the other hand:

- I am very impressed with Fifa's graphics, and player animations. The natural fluidity of movement involving the entire body... unbelievable. The selling point would be the gameplay. If it even approaches PES4's gameplay, that's it and I'm getting it.
- Also on Fifa08, the tricks require star players and analogue stick combos to pull off. They need proper timing and could be stopped anytime during the animation, and can be combined together. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. One complaint is they are very quick. I'd rather the animation was slightly slower; more beautiful and realistic.

The problem with Fifa is the way you score goals, and how the scored goals look. That's it. If they can fix that, then i guess no more WE/PES for me. My guess is -unfortunately- they won't.

BEST PES2008 GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE:
http://www.game1.nl/gamevideos/vide...Evolution-Soccer-2008---GC-2007-Gameplay.html

BEST FIFA08 GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE:
http://rapidshare.de/files/37861132/Fifa08.zip

I guess I'll have to admit that the way PES progresses is similar to that of a poor family-funded company. I'm really not 100% sure WE/PES will be the best game this year.

And no more "contact talk" for me. I've seen the game in motion, and I CAN believe it.

Last word: If the PC version of PES2008 looks anything like the Xbox360, I'm updating my hardware and getting the game.

Last edited:

THAT LOOKS AWESOME...if it plays like it looks then PES is no longer number 1...

Holy crap indeed.

THe players move so smoothly, hardly any jerking when going between animations. It looks incredible, very lifelike and natural. Just look at players when they run and slow down to a walking pace, incredible. I'll say it again, Holy shit.

EDIT: 0:29 - 0:31, the direct-pass he does. Wow. The ball really lives in this game.
And the reception and pass from Gerrard at 0:32.

Is this video availabe in its entirety?

Last edited:

My very first game was Wining Eleven 9 and that gameplay was amazing even better than PES6. I asked my friends to come over to play and they were amamazed. The first thing i said before we played was, " You have to try this game it's wayyyyyy better than FIFA", but now that I've seen both FIFA 08 and PES2008 it looks like FIFA is catching up. But thats jsut videos, before i judge it I have to play it.

It's as if nothing has changed for pes2008 with the same old crappy passing animations,crappy shooting animations,crappy goal celebrations,crappy running animations.....
I fail to understand how can there not be any improvements on animations .Do they even use motion-cap ?If so I wanna know the guy who does all the animation because it's crap.
I'm not sure anymore to buy (at 70euros it ain't really cheap)
Altough I don't really like the tricks in FIFA (remembers me too much of FIFA street),I just hope (pray ) that the gameplay is more responsive.Shooting looked improved and hopefully the rest of the games.
This year I'm more and more tempted to not buy any footie game but I might change my opinion.NBA 2K8 is more likely to satisfy my hunger this year along with Assassin's Creed,GTAIV

Yeah animations have HARDLY changed. And I say 'hardly' because I'm sure they had to add an animation or two that I haven't seen.

Not even the goal celebrations have changed. Unbelievable.

It looks exactly like a completed PES6 360 game with full features. Which is not bad at all, but hardly justifies a year of nothing.

Pleae Fifa, catch up with PES4 gameplay and let me buy you.

I wonder what PES2008 where the "contacts" playing :roll:

I'll have to test the demos in video game shops before making my decision.I was 100% sure to buy it but not anymore

Is it True that Graphically Speaking, PC, X360 and PS3 run equally good.
Cuz i'm buying PES2008n the PC and would be mad if the graphics are worst than the other next-gen Platforms

Towards dissappointed heads, like someone else said, trust me its at least 91% Knee-jerk reactions and 9% reasonable thinking (no pun intended). i've been there and trust me almost everytime, i found out its me overacting to circumstances, especially with early pes vids..lol (pes4, pes5, even pes6)...... personally i'll reserve judgements till i've played it but i think with what i've seen, i definately will be getting the game as soon as humanly possible along with fifa08 even if it also looks like(gameplay wise) not a lot has changed regarding that as well except added modes, teams etc, but having played UCL, i can be certain thats not a reason for suicide, as long as the BUMP!!! and other minor issues's been sorted..... so that means two footy games to enjoyingly devoure come october, when i get fed up with minor niggles one has to offer, i'll be sure to pop the other in for compensation..:lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom