WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

THey said they were "underwhelmed" and did not want to fuel debate but the 360 version was alot better than ps3. THey also said it played and looked like pes6 for the 360

i only heard them say it 'looked' better and sharper than the ps3 version.

they said that the ps3 version looked washed out, but isn't that a good thing, because the colour pallete for pes is too cartoony and colourful?

For sure, Han, we will all try PS2008 and if necessary, revise our opinions.

But can you honestly say that, having watched a number of videos of the gameplay, you see things which make you excited and raise your levels of expectation?

I watch the videos, I read the reviews, I anticipate PES6 on PS3. I cannot find anything to make me feel excited about PES2008.

the gameplay vids look as good as can be expected with only 6 national teams,that they look like pes6 on the 360 is also normal, the gameplay looks solid,with a good editmode it can keep me interested for another year.i buy the ps3 and ps2 versions because i am a fan of the series and i know the fifa game is crap, always has been always wil be.
about the 360 version being better,on dutch gamesite insidegamer they say the ps3 version looks better,i believe the finished games are going to be almost identical in october.
I look forward to a releasedate,and info about the online part of the game.keep up the good work W.E.N.B team.

how can u people rate FIFA so high after years and years of piss poor gameplay?

Are you that dense? Trick stick moves?? What is this? FIFA Street? Im here for a Footballing simulator...

Silly puppets

Nah, not basing my wild guesstimates on fifa on the tricks, but that press conf vid where they had Eng vs Ger. The vid seemed to show more fluid player animations, player AI, positioning, generally felt more like a footy game on screen.
Of course this is only "first impressions" as is the PES2008 impressions. It could well be that when we get our grubby mitts on both that fifa sucks and pes rocks.

i am leaving for leipzig tomorrow, do people here still want some amatuer videos of pes2008?

i am not sure if i can be bothered to make any, judging by peoples reactions here.

Pitty enough I couldn't understand a word from the last blog-video, so I don't know what Adam and Suff's opinion were on the game.
Maybe we have to wait for more tomorrow.
A lot of people say it's virtually PES 6.1, but we cannot jugde that as long as we do not feel how the game plays.
I did read the Dutch InsideGamers report on their matches and they were pretty enthousiastic about the PS3 version, which was not be considered as good. So what should we believe?
Isn't there a difference between "looking the same as PES 6" and "being the same as PES 6" ?
What can you tell about the ML from a demo? Nothing.
What can you tell about TeamVision in a 1 vs 1 match? Not much.
What can we tell about the editing features from this demo? Nothing!
I think this demo only tells us how things play and how the graphics look.
Is that enough to condemn the game?
Not for me; I will wait for more info that we cannot find in this demo.

Han, you are wise.

One thing is for sure, once again Konami really don't understand PR and are again being secretive about their game with an astonishingly crap press conference.

One thing nobody seems to have noticed: the game demoed is a less complete version than the Beta copies on Xbox 360 that some journalists already have.

They announced the Wii version! Wow, how about some information on the release date and I, dunno, some actual features?

Having said ALL that....I think the game looked good, Han is right, most of you are drawing conclusions you cannot draw from what we've seen. I'm not sticking up for Konami, I just think they are monumentally shite at PR, I mean ask yourself this:

Why wouldn't they even show fans Newcastle playing or maybe Barcelona or Milan: sheer lunacy.

I think the game will be better than many expect, and all of you lot will bloody buy it, so you need to tone it down

and yeah its a fucking computer game. \\:o/

Every year FIFA looks great prior to launch. However, every year the gameplay is shallow and doesn't keep us coming back for more.

Why do we play PES? Because it feels like playing football, and although its lack of presentation and licenses makes us suffer, the GAMEPLAY keeps us coming back--it's a passion. I reckon we'll feel same again this year.

Kenny M can you please find out if the COVERING OPTION is back in the tactics section and if the PS3 version has HOME features.

I still want videos

WoW So i`ve just watched the videos so i was very disappointed to hell and said so the only hope left for this year to enjoy this game but from the first 10 sec of the Video i was thinking if it fake PES6 360 not PES2008 !! is that what konami working on all the time !! this is shit ! i did`nt notice any difference in the gameplay and about FIFA 2008 i think this will be great and it will win this time even if the gameplay is shit but at least EA is Trying hard to make a big change and give us something new and improved from the other releases so Seebass i think he is just use this big name of the game to think about our money with little bit of work !!

are konami going to have conferences at 4 every day? im sure someone mentioned it before and where are all these fifa gameplay vids coming from? havent seen any yet, can someone plz provide some links

FIFA is always having the cooler look and the whole I have all the licenses crap. In that part FIFA is the king of the hill, but when it comes down to it, in the end... PES was always the best playable game. Even if it does have the same crappy ML over and over again. And at least Konami tries to give us the chance to edit teams and players to our likeness.

So anyway, my best bed is still PES 2008 and we have yet to see a real HD video from Konami. Because i can't judge on crappy camera versions. :)

Every year FIFA looks great prior to launch. However, every year the gameplay is shallow and doesn't keep us coming back for more.

Why do we play PES? Because it feels like playing football, and although its lack of presentation and licenses makes us suffer, the GAMEPLAY keeps us coming back--it's a passion. I reckon we'll feel same again this year.

fuckin hell son...Somebody who finally gets it...

As for that other twat bashing PES in his signature and claiming he'll be playing FIFAGGOT...Why are you here trolling around then boy? Get on with it and take your ass to the FIFA boards

Kenny M can you please find out if the COVERING OPTION is back in the tactics section and if the PS3 version has HOME features.

I still want videos

ok mate.

the covering option in tactics. i'll take a snapshot of the tactic screen.

how would i find out if it has 'home' features? i could get adam to find out as he is bum chums with the reps.

Why the hell haven't we heard anything from the Konami press confrence? Is that set for tomorrow or did it already go down?

I agreee with you other points han, but what you say above about only being able to make first impressions on gameplay and graphics. Those are pretty damn important areas of interest.

You could argue that everything else is "fluff".

I do not entirely agree with you. Gameplay is the most important thing, true.
But telling how responsive the player is to your gamepad is just a part of the gameplay.
There also are the tactical things and the way it is made a footballgame. How do the players react who are off the ball? How does Teamvision work. All that together makes it the gameplay, not only how responsive the game feels. In the worst case the responsiveness and feel are the same as PES 6, but if you add all other gameplay-elements, you still get a better game.

ok mate.

the covering option in tactics. i'll take a snapshot of the tactic screen.

how would i find out if it has 'home' features? i could get adam to find out as he is bum chums with the reps.

Much Appreciated.

Ask Adam to pester Konami about it.

For sure, Han, we will all try PS2008 and if necessary, revise our opinions.

But can you honestly say that, having watched a number of videos of the gameplay, you see things which make you excited and raise your levels of expectation?

I watch the videos, I read the reviews, I anticipate PES6 on PS3. I cannot find anything to make me feel excited about PES2008.
My point is that you cannot see some improvements on this demo.
What me feel excited about is Teamvision, as I am a very tactical player. That is invisible on the demo. I like some elements of the new Masterleague for what we did see, like the populairity-points and finally I find the graphics sharper as in the previous versions.
I also hope for 2 vs 2 online playing ( was not included at PES 6 Xbox 360 ).
For me there is improvement, surely!

for people who say fifas gameplay is shite, and always has been and that pro evo is a football simulator, remember that those are only your opinions, theyre not gospel. i happen to think personally the closest thing i ever played to football, although the graphics were shite was fifa 07 on the ps2, everyones opinion is different.

this forum has hundreds of members who all have different opinions. it just seems that the general consensus is that alot of people are dissapointed with whats been seen, and i dont blame them. as you play games like gears of war, and other visually stunning games, you get used to that, then you see fifa, and it doesnt look outta place, but pro evo just has its good old cartoony graphics, which in my opinion is a stumbling block right away, and yes i know thats what pro evo is, but remember the first fifa for the ps1, does next gen fifa still look like that???

no, because ea gave the next gen consoles a next gen looking game.

despite how it seems, i love pro evo, i live pro evo, but you just sometimes feel your being mugged off by konami. its easy money for them year after year, yes we all moan, but we'll all buy it nonetheless.

everyone has their breaking point, and one by one, the pes fanboys are dropping.

i dunno, theres just an air of excitement seeing your team in full kit glory, walking out into a massive graphically impressive arena, martin tyler and andy gray, and then usually not so good gameplay, but they have been making strides, with 07, the ucl. i love 360 movement, i love playing through balls and being able to actually move towards it without being stuck on scripted train tracks, oh yeh but i can supercancel, shouldnt have to in this day and age.

i prey for it to be good. but now its just something i'll buy when the time comes, bring on next monday, fifa 08 demo.

P.S to the guy who was goin on about how they didnt let people play fifa, basically insinuatin coz they were scared it may get a bad response, well theyre realeasin the demo worldwide in a matter of days, so that kinda blows that outta the water.

these are just my opinions, they dont matter, not meant to sway anyone, just venting to pass the time, each to their own, but thesdays im more of a man utd man, rather than a man red sorta guy, if you know what i mean, lol.

konami were really onto something, but theyv'e been paused for years while ea has been on fast forward, oh well, heres hoping it plays better than it looks.

I do not entirely agree with you. Gameplay is the most important thing, true.
But telling how responsive the player is to your gamepad is just a part of the gameplay.
There also are the tactical things and the way it is made a footballgame. How do the players react who are off the ball? How does Teamvision work. All that together makes it the gameplay, not only how responsive the game feels. In the worst case the responsiveness and feel are the same as PES 6, but if you add all other gameplay-elements, you still get a better game.

fair comments han! ;)

I guess the game means different things to each of us.Guess as long as the gameplay does improve even slighyly but there are shit loads more features, ML bits, editing, customisation then at least we can call that positive progression.

I guess I am clinging onto many years ago when PS3 was first announced, I day dreamed how PES would look and play on it. But my dreams were probably a bit too fantastical!!! one day , just maybe these dreams I had will be fulfilled......... in 2016 on PS4 and xbox 4:8):

I wonder how the game plays at a PS 3. I mostly use the stick rather than the D-pad and on the 360 the stick worked pretty well, although the shoulder-buttons were awkwardly placed for this game. On the PS3 it surely feels different. Even more because the gamepad is smaller ( I have not so big hands ;) ). So that is another reason to wait for this game :)

i only heard them say it 'looked' better and sharper than the ps3 version.

they said that the ps3 version looked washed out, but isn't that a good thing, because the colour pallete for pes is too cartoony and colourful?

On the dutchside: www.insidegamer.nl they say (and the have played both versions):

"at the end the ps3-version was the best of the two. Although it's hard to say after a few games, framerate is better, game is more fluid, and the game just looks a little better".

On the dutchside: www.insidegamer.nl they say (and the have played both versions):

"at the end the ps3-version was the best of the two. Although it's hard to say after a few games, framerate is better, game is more fluid, and the game just looks a little better".

wow... that's interesting (if it is in fact what they are saying :) i cant read dutch to verify)

fair comments han! ;)

I guess the game means different things to each of us.Guess as long as the gameplay does improve even slighyly but there are shit loads more features, ML bits, editing, customisation then at least we can call that positive progression.

I guess I am clinging onto many years ago when PS3 was first announced, I day dreamed how PES would look and play on it. But my dreams were probably a bit too fantastical!!! one day , just maybe these dreams I had will be fulfilled......... in 2016 on PS4 and xbox 4:8):

you can improve on a great game only so much... for me, the game needed to improve in the areas of foot planting and slowdown, and that has hopefully happened, however, from the vid, it did appear there was still some foot sliding present among the players... hopefully there is no slowdown on corners/crosses/freekicks

just kick it, just kick it. damn, just saw the vids on WENB, and the face details looks amazing.

good stuff.

I honestly think the game is shapping up to be very good.

my opinion
good points:
- The graphics look much better than last years xbox 360 graphics.
- Gameplay looks fluid but a bit to fast but it is still tweaked.
- The overall menu presentation looks improved.
- Great net physics

Bad points:
- The game is next gen,but konami haven't really adapted to the xbox 360 and ps3 systems.
- The gameplay hasen't changed much since last year which is a little dissapointing but it will come along soon.

Last edited:

anyone else think that its WAYY TO FAST like wth some vids the guy runs down the whole feild in less then 2 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom