WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

Wow, few days ago everyone was sayin that FIFA is shit and PES is wayyyyy better, but now everyone is buyin FIFA.

A FIFA08 demo is getting released on the XBL marketplace, PSN and PC in a week or so..

Thought it was XBL only, with PSN coming Sept 10th?

The point still stands, Fifa will be gold in a week, they didnt let people play it. PES will be gold in 5 weeks and you could play it.

I'm looking forward to both, but with Fifa being complete and PES still some time off... Its worrying about no user impressions. Especially with the XBL demo so close, it takes a week to finalise demos for PSN/XBL so in theory, it should be done and available to play at events like this.

Last edited:

Why is the 360 getting all the love when it comes to demos, Bioshock, Stranglehold, Fifa (apparently)?

Guys relax, it is ONLY a game, I am sure that in terms of gameplay PES2008 will be excellent, of course I would like to see superb graphics and innovation but in the end if the gameplay is solid that is good enough for me.

As for FIFA 2008 it is clear that they have made great strides this year, they have built upon FIFA 07 and UEFA CL, there are lots of innovations and it remains to be seen how these work in gameplay. The video of the EA presentation where they show the England V Germany match looks good to me and you can see that EA are going in the right direction, it remains to be seen if they can match PES gameplay.

I think both games have their own individual strengths, neither is perfect and in the end it will come down to individual preference. So relax guys it is good thing for gamers that this year it maybe that there are 2 good football games on the market.

Guys relax, it is ONLY a game, I am sure that in terms of gameplay PES2008 will be excellent, of course I would like to see superb graphics and innovation but in the end if the gameplay is solid that is good enough for me.

As for FIFA 2008 it is clear that they have made great strides this year, they have built upon FIFA 07 and UEFA CL, there are lots of innovations and it remains to be seen how these work in gameplay. The video of the EA presentation where they show the England V Germany match looks good to me and you can see that EA are going in the right direction, it remains to be seen if they can match PES gameplay.

I think both games have their own individual strengths, neither is perfect and in the end it will come down to individual preference. So relax guys it is good thing for gamers that this year it maybe that there are 2 good football games on the market.

:applause:

Anyone know if the COVERING OPTION been brought back and has anyone seen a substitution yet?

Thought it was XBL only, with PSN coming Sept 10th?

The point still stands, Fifa will be gold in a week, they didnt let people play it. PES will be gold in 5 weeks and you could play it.

I'm looking forward to both, but with Fifa being complete and PES still some time off... Its worrying about no user impressions. Especially with the XBL demo so close, it takes a week to finalise demos for PSN/XBL so in theory, it should be done and available to play at events like this.
You're right, I didn't realise the PS3 demo is getting released a bit later.

Isn't there another day left of the GC though? It's possible it will be playable on the floor in the second day. That's the way I would have done it, show it off in the first day, let people play it on the second day.

But either way I'm not that bothered as long as the demo gets released before the game so I can make my own judgement on that. I hated the fact that there was no PES demo until months after release last year.

can't believe this, just logged on to evo-web, was looking forward to some decent in-game vids...looks exactly like the current 360 version which disappoints me massively........dirty bastards!!

Isn't there another day left of the GC though? It's possible it will be playable on the floor in the second day. That's the way I would have done it, show it off in the first day, let people play it on the second day.

But either way I'm not that bothered as long as the demo gets released before the game so I can make my own judgement on that. I hated the fact that there was no PES demo until months after release last year.

Yeah, hopefully we should get more videos of PES tomorrow and with any luck some people actually playing fifa, because thats what its all about!

I quite like the EA demos so far, got a baseball and american football game, not good enought to buy the game, but worth a short blast every now and again.

Shame the PSN demo is after the XBL demo again, dont like this re-occouring theme!

PES 2008 is looking great!

The FIFA video looks and feels like a real fotball match, they seem to have captured that well.

PES looks like PES6 and almost plays like it, thats dissapointing for first impressions and those are often well founded in making aN overall opinion.

FIFA seems to be making massive strides (which it had to) whilst PES looks to be remaining pretty stagnant even in this so called next gen era.

Overall I think both games will score equal this year which is indicative of FIFA's effort and PES's laziness. That will be the first time its ever happened thus we will have to be content with two good footy games that have once again not lived upto expectation.

the GC actually starts tommorrow and ends on sunday.

it was a press access day today.

can't believe this, just logged on to evo-web, was looking forward to some decent in-game vids...looks exactly like the current 360 version which disappoints me massively........dirty bastards!!
A bit like watching those Irons?;)

Im disgusted by some of you people....FIFAGGOT? haha You can have all the bells and whistles you simpleton cunts...Ill be quite happy to play PES08 while you guys are playing FIFAGGOT Street 08

The FIFA video looks and feels like a real fotball match, they seem to have captured that well.

PES looks like PES6 and almost plays like it, thats dissapointing for first impressions and those are often well founded in making aN overall opinion.

FIFA seems to be making massive strides (which it had to) whilst PES looks to be remaining pretty stagnant even in this so called next gen era.

Overall I think both games will score equal this year which is indicative of FIFA's effort and PES's laziness. That will be the first time its ever happened thus we will have to be content with two good footy games that have once again not lived upto expectation.
Back again Dr "EA"Force?

pretty impressed with fifa08 gameplay vid

Im disgusted by some of you people....FIFAGGOT? haha You can have all the bells and whistles you simpleton cunts...Ill be quite happy to play PES08 while you guys are playing FIFAGGOT Street 08
Easy now Ace..keep it calm.;)

well bit of an anti-climax after the vids and the initial feedback from the boys at WENB.

Guess deep down I was dreaming that PES 2008 would be a 9.8 out of 10, but upon first view only impressions is looking to be an 8.5.
However Got to balance that by the fact that current gen PES6 on ps2 is an 8 and xbox360 pes6 is a 7.9.

So although sort of disappointed at these early stages that My socks werent blown off, it will probably still be good enough to eat up my spare time for the next year and definitely an improvement on what we currently have, which we cannot really argue with!!

Having said that I suspect that fifa08 could well be a 8.5 as well ( or maybe higher?) !!

how can u people rate FIFA so high after years and years of piss poor gameplay?

Are you that dense? Trick stick moves?? What is this? FIFA Street? Im here for a Footballing simulator...

Silly puppets

Just so you know, I'm reporting you to your father for using his computer without permission. Additionally, I'll be letting him know you were up way past your bedtime. You know you'll not be able to stay awake at kindergarten tomorrow.

I never judged pes before playing the game. Trust me its waaaaaaay diffrent then seeing the gameplay.

Fifa on the other hand always has the better presentation, but always dissapoint me when I try it.

Last edited:

Took the words right out of my mouth ;-)

Fifa looks a lot more organic and more real to life from that one video I saw. The players look very detailed in size, weight and height. Not to mention their movements on the field. I think Fifa has made great strides in the realism department, especially in this upcoming version. Looks like EA has done their homework when it comes to realism. The certainly will deliver big time in terms of that aspect this year.

I just hope this years gameplay matches everything else.

yeah although i do get all dreamy and soppy for the playstation family of consoles ( they have brought me so much gaming joy) i have recently conceded that I am going to buy back another 360 to go with my ps3(after foolishly selling my old one to fund ps3) and also defintely buy both PES2008 AND fifa08.

Got a feeling that like last year, both will be playable but different in style and feel and both an improvement over their respective predecessors.

Im fortunate enough to be able to do that so ill take advantage of that rather than be blindly devoted to either one of the games OR consoles.

I think pragmatism must rule my heart here and although I dearly want PES and PS3 to be the rulers here I have a sneaking suspicion that this years is going to be very close.
Dont get me wrong I am not writing PES2008 off as I think it wil play really well and probabaly slightly better then Fifa, but just disappointed that the vids didnt match my level of anticipation.
However if the gameplay vids matched the animations in that trailer ( with owen, drogba, henry etc) then I take it all back. The gameplay just seems so different and not so sophisicated compared to that trailer. I assumed that trailer was done with the in game engine, but was it pre rendered CGI perhaps?

The good thing is that I suspect that Q4 2008 releases are going to be a stonkers when both dev house get to grips with the consoles in full.

Last edited:

Pitty enough I couldn't understand a word from the last blog-video, so I don't know what Adam and Suff's opinion were on the game.
Maybe we have to wait for more tomorrow.
A lot of people say it's virtually PES 6.1, but we cannot jugde that as long as we do not feel how the game plays.
I did read the Dutch InsideGamers report on their matches and they were pretty enthousiastic about the PS3 version, which was not be considered as good. So what should we believe?
Isn't there a difference between "looking the same as PES 6" and "being the same as PES 6" ?
What can you tell about the ML from a demo? Nothing.
What can you tell about TeamVision in a 1 vs 1 match? Not much.
What can we tell about the editing features from this demo? Nothing!
I think this demo only tells us how things play and how the graphics look.
Is that enough to condemn the game?
Not for me; I will wait for more info that we cannot find in this demo.

I take it you have never actually seen a game of football then?:roll:

Pitty enough I couldn't understand a word from the last blog-video, so I don't know what Adam and Suff's opinion were on the game.
Maybe we have to wait for more tomorrow.
A lot of people say it's virtually PES 6.1, but we cannot jugde that as long as we do not feel how the game plays.
I did read the Dutch InsideGamers report on their matches and they were pretty enthousiastic about the PS3 version, which was not be considered as good. So what should we believe?
Isn't there a difference between "looking the same as PES 6" and "being the same as PES 6" ?
What can you tell about the ML from a demo? Nothing.
What can you tell about TeamVision in a 1 vs 1 match? Not much.
What can we tell about the editing features from this demo? Nothing!
Not for me; I will wait for more info that we cannot find in this demo.
THey said they were "underwhelmed" and did not want to fuel debate but the 360 version was alot better than ps3. THey also said it played and looked like pes6 for the 360

I like what I've seen and I feel that the game will get a very good reception but it wont be like previous years (unless the final product delivers), hopefully some constructive negative press and EA finally providing some proper competition will give Seabass n co the kick up the arse they need. Its a shame that we may have to wait another year to see some vast improvement.

Having said that until one plays the game IMO they are in no position to say that Seabass n co have been lazy.

And when are we gonna get some news from the PES press conference!

I agreee with you other points han, but what you say above about only being able to make first impressions on gameplay and graphics. Those are pretty damn important areas of interest.

You could argue that everything else is "fluff".

I am not condemning it, as i think it will be an addictive and enjoyable game for this year, but not "revolutionary" as we were led to believe. Too "evolutuionary" as the name suggests!

Took the words right out of my mouth ;-)

Fifa looks a lot more organic and more real to life from that one video I saw. The players look very detailed in size, weight and height.

Every time the same shit. Fifa look like a superb game,it looks like a realistic game,the moves looks amazing.....BUT it dont feel like a realistic football game and this is a fact! Its like wrestling...but all fake! EA is a marketing machine which shows you nice "realistic" videos and you believe all this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom