WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

most of you moaning over and over again

i can only repeat ... i played last years pes6-demo on gc @leipzig and it was totally different in gameplay from final pes6 and all pes ever released (believe me or not)!!! although i dont believe it will happen again this year

You must be talking about the 360 version which then turned out to be pretty bad.

most of you moaning over and over again

i can only repeat ... i played last years pes6-demo on gc @leipzig and it was totally different in gameplay from final pes6 and all pes ever released (believe me or not)!!! although i dont believe it will happen again this year

Structure of the gameplay cant change within 2 months, unless we are talking about Pacman. Sorry.

anyone knows if the 360 version is gonna be regionfree? if not, is there a US NTSC realise date set?

good question... wondering the same... may have to get a 360 instead

hahahah i thought you dont believe me ... damn i had to make a vid so you freakin moanin guys could see it

i dont know how old this demo was, ask my friends and top pes players of germany who participated @german championship last year (they all played it), it was totally different (ps2-version i played) ... dont know about x360 and pc

Boy i know what i'm talking about and if i misunderstood then my bad,ive played nearly every football game thats been released so don't try to mug me off with that shite.YOU think it's crap and I think it's better than before so SCRAAAAAAM!

Ok, no matter. Only dont say I dont appreciate WENB job because it isnt true.

Guys can any of you copy past the WENB review because for some reason I log on to the site? Thank you

The review is a video. Its short anyway. I think they will get home and write some stuff up. Then talk about it in detail in their podcast on saturday

What do you expect it's Pro EVOLUTION Soccer.

Yes, but PES2008 isn't coming across as being even an evolution. And in all honesty, neither was was PES6 or 5.

If ever there was a time when the loyal fanbase had a right to expect a new engine, a move away from the same old scripts they've been churning out for nearly a decade, it was now, at the transition to next-gen.

Now they've established this same old engine on next-gen, offering nothing new or innovative, where do they go from here? Do you really think they'll decide for PES2009, having got the old engine up and runnning (after 18 months apparently :lol:) on PS3, they'll just ditch that and start to innovate again? Or will it be years of more pointless tweaks, more making passes harder one year, softer the next, then harder again the next?

A few years ago, this forum was about 90% praise for PES. Look at it now. It's full of criticism and it's coming from one-time fanboys, from the very people who used to come on here to praise the game.

To me, this looks the like the beginning of the end for this game's position as the one you have to buy. At the very least, it's the beginning of the end of Konami being able to get away with their sloppy attitude of no progress.

Go back only 1 year in time, prior to the release of FIFA07, and most people here were still completely disparaging and dismissive of FIFA. Not any more.

The best news in footy gaming this year is FIFA. Not because it will necessarily surpass PES in terms of on-pitch gameplay, but because it looks like they've closed the gap further in the overall package. PES is no longer the only option. I can only hope it kicks Seabass into action.

75% PES08 is better than 1000% of PES6,c'mon guys lets wait and see,if the wenb guys are pissed off then they should'nt have got there hopes up.There have been many posts people saying there will be "nothing special" these guys go to germany to play a game 75% finished?Get real! And in my humble opinion if you ain't getting paid to go out there then they must of had to work through their childhood.If a boxer fights and is only 75% fit then he can't really be judged on true form,PES6&FIFA07 were so bad any improvement i welcome..

These vids are reminding me of PES6 360, which means I'd rather cut my head off than play it.

well one thing i must say..im not impressed that the 360 version looks better...
after seeing what happened to madden 08, darkness and many many other games(not to say almost every multi platform game)
when u see madden running side by side by the ps3 and 360, it really makes u wonder if its truth that the ps3 is so much powerfull..and why did i bought both isntead of jsut keep my 360.

Meh, PS2 J League WE 2007 is fine and dandy for me at the moment.

Honestly, can't say I'm surprised, obviously the proof is in the pudding because despite the criticsms, the majority of us will pick it up to satisfy our curiosity, I know I will.

I'm not interested in all the other fluff like the edit mode, shirts, player likenesses etc. I just want it to play a good game of football minus the fucking irritating flaws that ruined PES6. But, if Konami haven't fixed these flaws in previous iterations, what makes us think they'll do it this time round?

I'm assuming the whole "It's been in development for 18 months on PS3" is correct -- and that's been to get it upto scratch with the 360 one, since it's pretty obvious the PS3 is having a tough time getting decent ports at the moment.

75% PES08 is better than 1000% of PES6,c'mon guys lets wait and see,if the wenb guys are pissed off then they should'nt have got there hopes up.There have been many posts people saying there will be "nothing special" these guys go to germany to play a game 75% finished?Get real! And in my humble opinion if you ain't getting paid to go out there then they must of had to work through their childhood.If a boxer fights and is only 75% fit then he can't really be judged on true form,PES6&FIFA07 were so bad any improvement i welcome..

Uhm 75% and 18 months in development, which means u need 6 more months to finish the game. Ups it is 1 month to go gold....

Come on that 75% means nothing. we have been waiting for a next gen PES for almost 2 years now! We want something new and refreshing.

what you see at present will be the final version... that 75% talk is pure marketing

Yes, but PES2008 isn't coming across as being even an evolution. And in all honesty, neither was was PES6 or 5.

If ever there was a time when the loyal fanbase had a right to expect a new engine, a move away from the same old scripts they've been churning out for nearly a decade, it was now, at the transition to next-gen.

Now they've established this same old engine on next-gen, offering nothing new or innovative, where do they go from here? Do you really think they'll decide for PES2009, having got the old engine up and runnning (after 18 months apparently :lol:) on PS3, they'll just ditch that and start to innovate again? Or will it be years of more pointless tweaks, more making passes harder one year, softer the next, then harder again the next?

A few years ago, this forum was about 90% praise for PES. Look at it now. It's full of criticism and it's coming from one-time fanboys, from the very people who used to come on here to praise the game.

To me, this looks the like the beginning of the end for this game's position as the one you have to buy. At the very least, it's the beginning of the end of Konami being able to get away with their sloppy attitude of no progress.

Go back only 1 year in time, prior to the release of FIFA07, and most people here were still completely disparaging and dismissive of FIFA. Not any more.

The best news in footy gaming this year is FIFA. Not because it will necessarily surpass PES in terms of on-pitch gameplay, but because it looks like they've closed the gap further in the overall package. PES is no longer the only option. I can only hope it kicks Seabass into action.

SPOT ON WINSTON!

you couldnt have put it any better if you tried.

and i have just for the first time watched the fifa 08 presesntation at leipzig, and excuse my language, i nearly fuckin came in my pants!

never before have i been so excited about a game, let alone a footy game.

my main gripe with pes 6, and by the looks of it pes 2008, was the catchup, its horrendous and ruins the game. look at the fifa video, burst past a defender, or use some skill with ronaldo on the wings, like you should, like he would do in real life, then tick that defender of, hes done, onto the next one, not some turbo boosting cheating ai bastard coming back at you at 300 mph.

fifa looks class, absolute class, i cant understand why people say it looks good, but gameplay looks shite, to me it looks really good, lookswise as well as gameplay.

once again, i will buy both, coz i always do, but i really really cant wait for fifa, and i can admit i was once a pes fanboy. wouldnt hear nothing bad sed against it. now im the one saying the bad things. thats what 10 years of tweaks will do to you, lol.

pro EVOLUTION soccer ??? where is the evolving?????

more like : Pro 1 step forward, 2 steps back, tweaky soccer!

these are the things is don't want to be seeing in 'next gen' football games.

they have the power to sort out the collision detection and bugs that were evident in the last gen games.

in one of the vids! when the goalkepper shots i goalkick! i think its the first vid that came out today

i'll leave my comments until I personally have played the game....demos only show u some parts of it...and as its still some days away from when the game is going gold....i can wait....

at least they could have used Pes5 as the start point... :(

For PC users its worse, becouse with kitserver, we already have HD stuff, and all the faces...

I am done watching PES62008 videos. I really didn't see anything that impressed me or get me out of my chair gameplay,animation and graphics wise.

I was on the verge of buying a PS3 for this game. However, I will most likely hold off until a later date when all the other great games such as MGS4, Resident Evil, Killzone, etc.. come out. Which won't be until next year. I will most likely be buying the PS2 version of PES2008 if any.

NOTICE! The above statement is subject to change after personal firsthand experience of the finished product

Last edited:

I've seen these video's and I'm impressed but not WOW impressed (other than tricks vid). Never the less I hold my judgement till I've played the game.

I probably will get both FIFA and PES because my cousin is a FIFA fan and likes all the tricks and I'm a PES kind of guy and like gameplay and flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom