WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/22/07)

WENB: Hi guys, i think that we can say, that the main part of PES comunity is little bit disapointed or am I wrong?
Can you please try to ask Seabass about his statemant to reactions on CG videos?
Seeing this i would like to know how long they will support PS2 with PES because theres absolutely no reason to spent money for PS3 /Xbox

the menus are gret sadly the gameplay look exactly the same as maybe the best ps2 iteration nothing as ground breaking as fifa 08

Your avitar is the game you should stick to,people have gone to great lengths to bring us info yet you still moan? you are wrong mate.the game play looks way better than before.:roll:

You are misunderstanding.

Be sure I stick to Kick Off, dont worry, since it is one of the best gameplay programming performance this industry has never seen. Probably you dont know what you are talking about.

Anyway, as I said about bringing us GC, I appreciate a lot the job these guys have done.
And their effort hasnt nothing to share with quality of PES2008 gameplay, so what are you saying?

Last edited:

This sucks! Been waiting for so long for some news and videos. Anticipating something better than last year only for it to disappoint. That's how I feel.

I hate PES6's gameplay. The game should be getting refined with each new edition but PES6 was appalling (it set them back) and it seems they're using that as base for improvement. Understandable to a degree but where are the improvements? I'm not noticing them. Goalkeeping and defending still looks poor. Depressing signs.

The only thing which really makes me angry so far is the phrase we were told time and time again "see it in motion and you wont believe how good it is" " in motion all your fears will go away" and actually its had a counter effect, makes it hard to believe these sources in the industry.

PES2008 = PES6 ? NO WAY

75% OF PES2008 = PES6 maybe

In a way it is ironic, the WENB did a terrific job getting the news, the podcast, they go all the way to germnay to play a tweaked pes6 360 game which they thought is was a piece of junk.

12 hours of podcast, 18 months development play station best version.......and what do they say: "game feels a lot like last year 360 and 360 version sharper and more responsive that pes3".

Ironic. Well at least they can have a couple of german beers tonite

themain thing i expected to be improved were the keepers, all the previews talking how the keepers are so realistic etc. WTF! in those vids they looked exactley like pes6 were as soon as you are one on one the keepers decide tp fprget about the front post leaving you with a easy tap in

You need to see a packshot?
are u kidding me?

Like if you are playing the game, you are more concentrated for the packshot then the game?

I NEED THAT GAME 110% DONE IN MY XBOX 360 OR PS3 !

ps. If I was seabass I would give all pesfans a bad demo at leipzig & then with the release date.. SMACK THEM IN THE FACE WITH A STUNNING NEW GAME..

how fine would that be!:D

PES 2008 will most likely be the the last version of PES on the PS2.
At this point I might consider getting that version and waiting for the new WE/PES next year. Thank you Konami, I don't have to spend so much money on a PS3 + HD TV anymore.

I'll have to play the game first before I make a decision but it seems I'll just wait for another year or until MGS4 is out. :)

The PC version was there i wonder if that is any different to the two versions ( considering the reports of ps3 v xbox360

What do you expect it's Pro EVOLUTION Soccer.

Apart from PES3 not one version hase been a MAJOR leap over it's predecessor.

Only hope we have is Konami will significantly tune up the online mode.
Since this game is a refined version of PES6 probably they focused on the online mode.

What do you expect it's Pro EVOLUTION Soccer.

Apart from PES3 not one version hase been a MAJOR leap over it's predecessor.

If it is, so they are on the wrong way. Community ask for a major innovation. Otherwise they should ask 20 euros for this update.
I think after 3 updates they should get us a new game.

in the wenb summary video, they looked so down.

it was like they were shocked to see the game which played similarly to pes6 360 version.

i now know the reason why all the screenshots were from the 360 version.

everyone thought the ps3 one was hiding something special, whereas in fact, the 360 version was shown because it looked better.

i think i might give this a miss and check out the other games on the show floor.

Why did it take them 18 months to port PES6 to PS3? Was it a one-man job?

Same here, any PS3 buying plan has been postponed. Maybe a 360 elite in dec.

yes Pro Evolution, but the Evolution is kinda getting on my nerves. Everything looks so awafully familiar.

In general it is about time sport game move on from the scripted/motioncapture feeling. We need no more scripting, free collision deflections passes etc.

In pes5 i use through long ball in the air a lot, they were fast and fun and broke often the superhigh superpressuring defense. In pes6 and from what i see pes2008 it is a joke, they are scripted towards players and not towards space. I think it is about time they start conceiving it is a game based on attacking and defending spaces, not only men.

I feel bad for the WENB team :( hopefully tomorrow theyll play again and realise overnight its had a good effect on them

Blah... can't be arsed with this anymore, it seems we are to be served yet more tweaked garbage from Konami... looking forward to Fifa to see how far they have come and to SWOS for some honest football fun.
As far as Evolution goes Konami are stuck in chimp mode.

most of you moaning over and over again

i can only repeat ... i played last years pes6-demo on gc @leipzig and it was totally different in gameplay from final pes6 and all pes ever released (believe me or not)!!! although i dont believe it will happen again this year

WTF all of you will buy is game when it comes out so way all the bull shit !!!

its PES2008 NOT PES6

Why did it take them 18 months to port PES6 to PS3? Was it a one-man job?

Marketing rulez mate.

In general it is about time sport game move on from the scripted/motioncapture feeling. We need no more scripting, free collision deflections passes etc.

Very well said. I totally agree.

most of you moaning over and over again

i can only repeat ... i played last years pes6-demo on gc @leipzig and it was totally different in gameplay from final pes6 and all pes ever released (believe me or not)!!! although i dont believe it will happen again this year

What sort of things changed? Speed and that sort of thing?

You are misunderstanding.

Be sure I stick to Kick Off, dont worry, since it is one of the best gameplay programming performance this industry has ever seen. Probably you dont know what you are talking about.

Anyway, as I said about bringing us GC, I appreciate a lot the job these guys have done.
And their effort hasnt nothing to share with quality of PES2008 gameplay, so what are you saying?
Boy i know what i'm talking about and if i misunderstood then my bad,ive played nearly every football game thats been released so don't try to mug me off with that shite.YOU think it's crap and I think it's better than before so SCRAAAAAAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom